5.0 out of 5 stars An example says it all
Published on 15 Oct 2002 by MR G J DIAPER

2.0 out of 5 stars Fails to address fundamental change of approach of 9000-2000
If all you want is a book that tells you how to convert an over-documented, procedures based ISO 9000:1994 system to an over-documented, procedures based ISO 9001:2000 system then look no further.
Other reviewers have rated this book highly because it includes a fully documented ISO 9001:2000 manual and procedures, however, that is exactly why I rated it so...
Published on 23 Aug 2002

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An example says it all, 15 Oct 2002
MR G J DIAPER (Leamington Spa, Warks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I wanted to know more about 9001 - I hoped to introduce a QMS to our company. This book covered all the stuff that you would expect, but 2 things really made it shine. 1. It reassured me that the emphasis is on using a quality system and not on getting a certification - you can use it and get the benefits better if you don't aim for certification. 2. It actually provided an example - bow down all you other books on quality systems! It is a simple exercise to bang on about what iso9001 want to do but different to actually implement it - I think that if you can't get an example, you never fully understand what they are talking about. Ray gives a complete example of a Quality system for you to adapt to your own org. Wonderfull. I wanted a clear example & didn't want a big academic rewrite of the manual - do you?

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent reference for those wanting to implement a QMS, 13 Aug 2001
I had worked with the previous version of the standard and needed to upgrade my knowledge. This book not only gave me an insight into the requirements of the new standard - in user friendly terms - but also the author made himself accessible to answer any queries, as well as providing extensive samples. A more complete service would be hard to imagine! Congratulations Mr Tricker.
Carl Redman

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, makes achieving the standard possible., 7 Mar 2001
By A Customer
When my company first thought about the value of having an accredittation we were feeling a bit nervous of the costs and implications. Ray Tricker has put together a mini bible for us, it is clear and concise and not only talks about the standard it helps you understand how to apply the methods and what to expect.
The book guides you through the transformation process, the culture change and where to apply continuous improvement practices. I would recommend this book to both beginners and seasoned quality implementors. The title reads for 'small business', do not be put off it covers any business. Well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comprehensive, 17 July 2001
By A Customer
This book has been invaluable during my post-graduate studies, it has been a cornerstone in my understanding of Quality. I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone wishing to further their knowledge of ISO 9001 or implement a QMS in a practical environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars And then there was enlightenment!, 4 July 2003
Charged with the task of taking the company from ISO9002:1994 to accreditation to the new ISO9001:2000 Quality Standard started as quite a daunting task despite being well versed in ISO9002:1994. The new standard calls for a lot more top management involvement and is much more integral to the company's overall management structure, so conversion from old to new is not as simple as dotting a few i's and crossing a few t's. However, after a month or so of feeling my way around the whole thing, I decided some help was required. The budget was definitely not going to stretch to a consultant, so having read the other reviews of Ray's book, I decided to make a purchase - and what a purchase! This book is simply excellent, and in terms of not having a consultant to help, well, this book is the next best thing and of course much much cheaper.
The whole principle behind the ISO9001:2000 system is laid out with each part of the standard reviewed and explained in a real world context. There is a sample manual included in the latter part of the book, but Ray's offer of a "soft" e-copy is not to be missed.
Ray's promise to offer a bit of help if you do get stuck is not pie in the sky marketing promise, it is actual fact - how refreshing!
This book has saved me hours of time over the last couple of months and I am absolutely convinced that the help I have received from the book has been instrumental in enabling my company achieve accreditation to ISO9001:2000 at the first attempt. Granted there are a few wrinkles to iron out, but I know where I will be looking for help and guidance. This book is not yet consigned to the depths of my desk drawer - in fact it will continue to be an invaluable reference for a long time to come. If you are looking for a value for money time saving device for your company, and you are working to achieve ISO9001:2000, then this is the “must have” purchase for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars User-friendly intro to ISO, 30 Aug 2003
After the canonical brief history of ISO and where ISO 9000 came from, Mr. Tricker walks the reader through the standard. He gives a friendly treatment to material that is often presented, at least in other books I've read, in a pedantic way. The book introduces the clauses in the standard's order, then explains them, in a conversational, accessible tone.
The book also includes a quality manual, sample procedures and work instructions. I can only speak for myself, but this is what got the standard to "click" for me. Reading the ISO clauses and interpretations was fine, but when it came time to write my own manual, I found myself floundering. Seeing how Mr. Tricker applied the standard for his own consultancy was invaluable. The manual, procedures and work instructions were all in one section, and not dispersed throughout the book as examples, which added to the book's utility. A great reference book

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best ISO reference books I've seen to date!, 2 Oct 2001
By A Customer
This book takes pride of place amongst my ISO reference books. The book is extensive in its coverage and manages to be informative in plain english, a rare occurance in this field. The Author has not only produced a first class reference book but provided a service by making himself personally available to his readers.
The example Quality Manual section of the book proved invaluable when I came to carry out a sanity check on our QMS, highlighting areas for improvement.
Since purchasing this book I haven't picked up another, congratulations Mr Tricker, a job well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars ISO9001:2000 for small businesses, 7 Aug 2002
Mrs Susan P Brown (GOSPORT, Hants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Another excellent book from Ray Tricker- and an excellent resource for any small business undergoing transition from ISO9001:1994 to ISO9001:2000 or thinking about certification for the first time. It provides background information on the standard, an interpretation of each section which will give small businesses a head start on fulfilling the criteria, and the real gemstones 'Example Quality Manual' (which is also available on CD Rom) and 'Self Assessment Questionnaires'.
Excellent value and will save you hours of heartache and time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent example manual and helpful author, 2 Jan 2003
Geoff Robinson (Washington, Tyne & Wear United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book proved to be an excellent starting point for our QMS. Without the aid of a consultant I found it difficult in understanding how the ISO requirements could be applied to our business. This book and the example quality manual helped us to focus on how our procedures could be transformed into a quality manual which would meet the ISO requirements. Also helpful was the email link to the author. Mr Tricker emailed me a copy of the example quality manual. This enabled us to prepare the basis of a quality manual with logical chapters and sections. Once we had this it enabled us consider each section in turn and see how it applied to our company. In conclusion, if you are wanting to go for ISO accreditation and want some guidance without the expense of a consultant, this is an excellent book to set you on your way.

5.0 out of 5 stars ISO 901:2000: For small buinesses, 18 Aug 2003
MR KIGHTLEY (Northamptonshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
An excellent book if you have no experience implemeting ISO 9000 in your company. Mr Tricker does a good job in leading you right from the initial question: what is quality management? to producing your own quality management system. As a small engineering business we couldn't afford external consltants so ISO 9001:2000 FSB was exactly what we needed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›