5.0 out of 5 stars useful
I purchsed this about a month and half ago; but never used it as didn't face any need to connect USB key to note 10.1. However, when I did (About a week ago), I realized that the piece I received was defective (physically). Forced (and I mean it) usb key in it and as expected it was not recognized by my note.

Was very disappointed because I surely had passed...
Published 23 months ago by U MEHENDALE

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after a few weeks
Arrived promptly and worked ok inially with several different usb sticks. However, has now stopped working. Very unreliable. Cannot recommend.
Published 21 months ago by Douglas Stephens

5.0 out of 5 stars useful, 18 Dec 2012
U MEHENDALE "FOO" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ultimate Addons 30 Pin to Female USB OTG Adapter Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet PC (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Was very disappointed because I surely had passed the return/ replacement chance. Regardless, wrote to the supplier and in return got a confirmation that a replacement is on its way. Woo Hoo ... honestly I didn't expect this.

The new piece is working ALL PERFECT -- no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Necessary addition for a tab that approaches a laptop, 13 Jan 2013
Well, in my efforts to turn my Galaxy Note 10.1 into a useful laptop substitute when going to meetings, the capability of reading pendrives or memory cards is something that I consider critical, just in case I needed to modify any file from my pendrive, so I went into this OTG cable to expand my beloved tab. It works flawlessly and is able to mount any FAT drive I connecto to it. Be aware, however, that in order to mount NTFS drives, root is required alongside some apps from google play. Since I'm not a big fan of having my devices rooted, I use the reversible Exynos Abuse app, which enable me to root/unroot the tab with just a tap and without a problem. The app I use to mount NTFS filesystems is Paragon NTFS mounter (the free one), and with that combination, I can plug in external HDDs of up to 1TB (that is my biggest drive!) with the tab with no problems at all. Another important point is that it is NOT possible to use USB powered HDDs, since the tab is not able to provide enough power to fire it up, only flash drives and mains-powered HDDs.

Overall, I'm really happy with this add-on for my Note 10.1

4.0 out of 5 stars Get Connected, 26 Nov 2012
D Deacon "pixist" (Liverpool, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This is a well-made, Note 10.1 proprietary USB converter. It works fine but is limited by the Note 10.1. If you add a card reader, it will only read cards formatted to FAT32. Same to for hard drives. Anything requiring 'high power' from the Note 10.1 is refused. Have a look on You Tube to see what others have managed to connect. Handy to have. Note that the psu lead that comes with the Note 10.1 uses a USB cable which can be used to attach the Note 10.1 to your PC.

4.0 out of 5 stars does the work, 30 Mar 2013
Does what it says with no exceptions.
Hint for future users: attach USB accessorie prior to connect to tablet - it's easier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 11 Jun 2014
Works fine but sometimes requires restart to detect hence four stars nut could be a Samsung issue. Otherwise does the job at a reasonable price.

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says, 6 Dec 2013
although you have to remember the correct sequence when loading it. Often requires a device restart to enable it correctly

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Sturdy Built, 20 Nov 2013
Sturdy Built nice add on accessory for my Galaxy note 10.1, making it possible to watch video stored on flash drive, connect my wireless mouse etc

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after a few weeks, 13 Feb 2013
Douglas Stephens (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 July 2014
Completely satisfied with order

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 11 July 2014
A good way to extend your devices memory capacity. It transfers data fairly quickly and you can watch films and work on documents straight from a usb stick. The only problem I have found is you have to restart the tablet once plugged in or it won't recognise the stick.