Again it's fair to say there is a shed-load of favourite acts of the day not included
within this 5-CD compilation.
However as the headline suggests there are many, many favourite tracks to enjoy.
Obviously on a compilation such as this you'll never get 100 tracks that you like,
however if there is a large percentage that you do like, at the current price of just
£5.00, frankly you can't go wrong.
For collectors there is unlikely to be any hard-to-find material on board....however,
for me, what is on board and the track order makes for many hours of great listening.
As I usually do, i'll pin-point a few tracks from each of the discs that may assist your
decision to purchase or not..........on disc one....'Maxine Nightingale' --'Right Back
Where we Started From'....'Roxy Music' --'Street Life'....'Mud' --'Oh Boy'....'Ten Years
After' --'I'd Love To Change The World'....'Cliff Richard' --'Goodbye Sam Hello Samantha'
....and....'Hurricane Smith' --'Who Was It'......just a few examples of the sounds on disc
one......on disc two.....'Hawkwind' --'Silver Machine'....'The Hollies' --'I Can't Tell the Bottom
from the Top'....'Wizard' --'Ball Park Incident'....'The Motor's' --'Dancing the Night Away...
'.'Kenny' --'Julie Anne'....'Tom Robinson Band' --'Up Against the Wall'.....and....'Chris
Spedding' --'New Girl in the Neighbourhood'.........some of the great sounds to enjoy on
disc two..........on disc three.....'Kate Bush' --'Man with the Child in his Eyes'....'Lindisfarne'
--'Lady Eleanor'....'Steeleye Span' --'All Around my Hat'....'Hot Chocolate' --'I'll Put you
Together Again'....'Dr Hook' --'More Like the Movies'....'Andy Kim' --'Rock me Gently'....
and...'Cliff Richard' --'Power to all our Friends'........just a few of the great sounds on disc
three to enjoy( think maybe disc three is my favourite of the five) ...on disc four....'Kate
Bush' --'Wow'....'Dr Feelgood' --'Down at the Doctors'....'Blondie' --'Tonight'....'The Skids'
--'Masquerade'....'Be Bop Delux' --'Ships in the Night'....and...'Nick Glider' --'Here comes
the Night'....again just a few of the sounds to enjoy on disc four.......on disc five...........
'Minnie Ripperton' --'Lovin' You'....'Althea and Donna' --'Uptown Top Ranking'...'The
Fortunes' --'Storm in a Teacup'....'Tavares' --'Don't Take away the Music'....'Lee
Garrett' --'You're my Everything'....and...'Danny Williams' --'Dancin' Easy'.....again just
highlighting a few of the numbers on disc five..........I have listed just a few of the sounds
available to cherish on each of the five discs..........well worth checking out, the compilation
offers great value at it's current price.
The seventies was another magical era in terms of the 'Pop/Rock scene........the seventies
of course was remembered for the 'Glam-Rock' explosion (some examples of which are
on board) I guess we could all make a list of our favourite artists and tracks of those times.
This compilation does offer a taste of the sounds we used to sing and dance too.........
worth checking out.
on 17 December 2012
I have a lot of 70s cds and this cd is great a lot of songs I haven't got is on this a cd for anyone like me who loves the 70s.
on 15 September 2013
love this album, so many songs from my youth and loads I had forgotten, first class album and will be using this guy again
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 November 2013
It was a case of looking at the tracklist and making an immediate decision that went: Yup, I fancy this!

The album's just turned up and I stood there sighing over the songs again. I can't wait to get this on me playlist. I mean, look at it: From the likes of Shirley Bassey to Roxy Music, and just about everything in between.

This is yet another of those stunning 100 Hits albums which, by now, I've got quite a stash of.

Nice going, compilers. You've thrown some real surprises in here. I'm well impressed.
on 11 March 2013
you can get lots of CD's from the 70's and they are all great, especially for this rock bottom price. well worth it and you have this music for years to come.
on 18 December 2012
This album is quite good, but it is also flawed. It has some good songs and some songs that are not easy to find on other 70s albums, but it also contains a fair share of poor songs too. The overall sound quality is not great either. I enjoyed some of the songs, though, so I give it three stars.
on 1 May 2014
At the time the 70's were great, sadly I didn't remember the music being quite this bad !. Yes there are the odd few that are well remembered but there are others you just want to forget as they were as bad then as they are now. Unfortunatly there are far too many of these filling this disc
on 21 November 2013
Top postage,great item,good cd,thank you,this is must for a great night night in loads of great tracks will buy again.
on 18 September 2014
terrific box set there are many tracks on this cd set that I had completely forgotten and many I remembered
on 16 December 2014
ordered this by mistake, wanted the classics, kept this because it's got some good songs on it .