Format: Audio CDChange

on 8 November 2012
Not really background music either, it needs a proper listen. I have to listen to the tracks individually, for the most part, or it can get too much and shock & awes you. I really like it; intense and with it's own identity. Kinda clears the airways and allows you to start breathing in other more familiar/mainstream music in a different light again. The Fall do this for me too, but in a different way.
on 7 November 2012
Godspeed's songwriting is as strong as ever, the two 20 minute tracks on here all being exceptional. It's true there's very little cohesion between the tracks, all four tracks seeming like they were thrown on here despite not really matching but it's not too distracting considering the quality of the tracks themselves. Highly recommended for all post-rock fans.
on 25 November 2012
I didn't notice that this had appeared for about 3 weeks. I wondered if Godspeed were not coming back. Although SMZ are brill too. Same sort of thing as before, so if you didn't like "Raise Your Skinny Fists" then you won't like this. There are two long tracks, and two shorter ones. My fave is "We drifted like worried fire".
on 24 April 2013
It's a long time coming, and it's worth the wait.

My initial reaction of 'oh great, two drone pieces' was stumped by actually hearing the work. Listen as an album - strong, powerful and somewhat trademark GY!BE pieces bookended perfectly by textural sound. Really, a fantastic listen.
on 29 January 2013
I would rank this amongst their best work. In particular We Drift Like Worried Fire. I didn't think much would come close to f# a# infinity, but this stands out
on 14 May 2015
Superb. My favourite band at the moment, and I know I'm late to the party, having only recently discovered GY!BE, but better late than never, bloodfam.
on 25 December 2012
Like it very much! :)
an awesome album from Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Black Emperor is coming back !!!
have fun with it.
on 27 November 2012
Not as good as previous albums yet it soars above most of the conformist dross that is out there, currently masquerading as music!
on 20 January 2015
Brilliant. Louder, and more aggressive than it's predecessors, it's super eastern and heavy. I was absolutely blown away.
on 25 November 2012
Not the usual gripping GS!YBE. I got the feeling it was too developed and not enough variation of emotions. Just the one. Heavy guitar and drums too often.

Still it's Godspeed, so if this was to be put against any other album it will get 5 stars, it's just not their best.

You'll still enjoy it. So still buy it.