5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye lacey
A very good send off album for Lacey you can really feel the emotion in everyone of the songs and really enjoyable album for any fan. Even tho its lacy last album can't wait for the new albums the band ar e working on
Published 18 months ago by james93

1.0 out of 5 stars DISSAPOINTED
AS A LOVER OF FLYLEAF I HAVE TO SAY THAT WITH THIS BEING LACEY'S FINAL ALBUM WITH THE BAND BEFORE SHE LEAVES, I WAS LEFT WANTING MORE FROM THE BAND AS A WHOLE. THE SONGS SOUND THE SAME AND I HAD TO KEEP CHECKING MY STEREO TO SEE IF THE SONG HAD CHANGED. 1ST 2 ALBUMS WERE FANTASTIC. THIS ONE = WASTE OF MONEY.
Published 17 months ago by steven gilmour-white

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye lacey, 31 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Flyleaf - A rare treat in melodic rock, 21 Mar 2013
Adam N. (Norfolk, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Horizons (Audio CD)
What with all the emo and hard rock clones out there at the moment, such as inferior copies of Paramore and everyone else sounding like Fall out Boy. Flyleaf are doing something different. All their songs are full of melody and passion, you can hear they really care about what they are doing. Flyleaf are certainly not a 'play it today, forget about it tomorrow' type of band.

I first found out about Flyleaf while doing some research on YouTube with music videos involving paint! (sounds random, but I was at the time in a band that was working on a music video where we were going to cover ourselves in paint!) I found a video of Flyleaf where they got red paint over them, sadly I can't remember what the song was but I instantly brought their previous album 'Memento Mori', which I loved and still do. I love it when discoveries like that happen to me, I have brought my best albums that way. Now I am constantly playing this one.

Flyleaf have been tagged as a Christian Rock band. Don't let that put you off, I am an Atheist so it doesn't bother me. Unless you really deeply analise the lyrics you would'nt really know anyway.

I guess I should comment on the actual album before I finish this review! However, I'm not going to comment on the individual songs, as they are pretty much all brilliant. I'm struggling to decide if I like any less or more that Memento Mori'. It's very sad this is the last album for Lacey, she is one of the best female Rock vocalists I have ever come across. I haven't heard her replacement yet, but I hope the dynamics of their music doesn't change too much because of it. Every note Lacey sings here is full of emotion, it was the first thing that attracted me to Flyleaf, I hope it won't be the last Flyleaf album I buy, we will see what they come up with next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another amazing album., 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: New Horizons (MP3 Download)
I randomly bought one of Flyleaf's albums about a year ago. Its one of the best albums I ever bought.

I have all 3 albums now and will buy any more that come out. Her voice is so good to listen to. the more I listen to this the more I like it.
My fav songs at the moment are "Fire Fire" and "Call you out"

If you dont like them at first, stick with it, they will grow on you.

5.0 out of 5 stars FLYLEAF, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: New Horizons (Audio CD)
Love Flyleaf, album is brilliant. Love Lacey's voice. Shame she had to step down as lead singer, but I do wish her well. Will be weird with a different lead singer, but will give the new girl a chance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious, 25 Dec 2012
Michael Fuchs (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Horizons (MP3 Download)
Flyleaf is still one of the most sumptuous, thrilling, compelling, and lovely bands operating.

In terms of sheer songwriting, New Horizons is as catchy, infective, melodic, and harmonic as the last five other albums you've bought. In terms of emotional power, the lyrics (and vocals) are breathtaking - and I don't even care for the God stuff. But even as a fundamentalist atheist, it's impossible not to be struck by what completely lovely people Christians - the members of this band very much in particular - often are.

Seeing them live in London last tour was like being born again - smilie probably indicated here - and it was impossible not to be swept up and overwhelmed.

Anyway, this album may not quite be the equal of their last, Memento Mori, but then again that's an impossibly high bar. This is still easily the best album I bought in 2012, and it follows me in my head most everywhere I go. (About half the tracks, incidentally, are completely awesome for working out/running, if you're keen on that kind of thing, as I very much am.)

Flyleaf makes a truly joyful noise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 10 Jun 2014
Markitech (England, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Horizons (Audio CD)
The first track I heard by Flyleaf from New Horizons was the wonderful track 'Great Love'. Flyleaf were a real discovery for me hearing them first on internet radio without which I may never have heard this brilliant band. Sometimes tracks are one-offs and the rest of the album doesn't meet expectations. This album is not in that category at all and is full of fantastic tracks. Lacey Sturm's vocals on the tracks are beautiful and, supported by the backing harmonies of the band, wash over you with great vocal range and clever emotional intonation. These tracks really get to you and are composed as music should be, for the music, and not for the domination of one hero instrument. The last album I bought in this Genre was fallen by Evanescence and I am thrilled to have further indulged into this area as I can see it is set to continue having recently also bought Memento Mori the prequel to New Horizons.

Flyleaf may be a Christian band and if is the influence it can have on music then bring it on I absolutely love it. The music is powerful with overwhelming intelligent songs that are full of meaning. We all have favourite tracks of the moment and mine would be 'Cage On The Ground' but that it is perhaps unfair as everyone is five stars.

As many will agree it is a shame New Horizons was the last album for Lacey with Flyleaf but her new horizon is what she does next which is what I will also be looking out for as well as what Flyleaf themselves produce next.

You can tell an album is truly genius when you don't know what to put on next to follow it. This is one of them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic album, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: New Horizons (MP3 Download)
Just as good as any of their previous two albums, all three of their releases have been fantastic from beginning to end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning., 11 Nov 2012
This review is from: New Horizons (MP3 Download)
Absolutely brilliant 3rd studio album by Flyleaf. I've listened to it just a few times but I think it's better than the first two, which I still love. It's just a real shame that the lead singer, Lacey Sturm, is leaving the band...

5.0 out of 5 stars This is, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: New Horizons (Audio CD)
My new favourite album. Despite not sharing their faith, her voice would be an excellent argument for the existence of a God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: New Horizons (Audio CD)
I reckon if you love an album on the first hearing you'll get bored stupid with it after a while. 'New Horizons' is an album that slowly grows on you - after listening to it a dozen times I now think it's one of the best albums I've ever bought and I can't stop playing it. Every track is beautifully written and Lacey's voice is just perfect. I've got all the band's albums and in my humble opinion this is the best by far.

New Horizons
New Horizons by Flyleaf (Audio CD - 2013)