5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book
Very well written book which covers the basics in a clear and concise way, without preaching or trying to convert you! Would recommend to anyone wanting a gentle introduction to Buddhism.
Published on 18 July 2007 by C. A. Rodger

3.0 out of 5 stars Brief and Limited Book
Published on 6 April 2009 by L. Davidson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 18 July 2007
C. A. Rodger (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Introductory Book to Buddhism I've read, 23 Sep 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Introducing Buddhism (Paperback)
Clear, lucid and very helpful introduction to the vast riches of the Buddhist Tradition. Written in a non-sectarian way and very helpful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Brief and Limited Book, 6 April 2009
L. Davidson (Belfast, N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Introducing Buddhism (Paperback)
I bought this book out of curiosity as I had never been able to fathom out what it was that Buddhists actually believed. After reading it I am a little more knowledgeable about the subject. Buddhist beliefs are a lot like those of Christianity with regards to it's love-thy-neighbour-as- yourself aspects, but it clearly diverges from this path in it's rejection of the notion of an omnipotent,judgemental creator god.Buddhism also rejects the concept of Original Sin and instead teaches that man can effectively become a god by achieving Enlightement through meditative practices and ethical living. This little book is a useful introduction to a topic that weightier tomes would probably shed greater light upon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for course, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Introducing Buddhism (Kindle Edition)
A perfect little book/introduction to the Study of Buddhism. Neither too heavy (figuratively) or too light (literally). Enough to intrigue and set your foot upon the path...

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life!, 14 Jun 2014
R. Allan "Flax" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Introducing Buddhism (Paperback)
This is a very short book that aims to give you a flavor of what it means to practice Buddhism. When I first read it, I was in awe. Not in awe of the book itself, but more in awe of the 'Religion' of Buddhism. Something was communicated to me when reading this book that resonated deeply within. Put simply, it all just made so much sense!

If you want to learn about Buddhism from an outside perspective then this probably isn't the book for you. If on the other hand you are interested in what it might actually feel like to practice the teachings of Buddhism then I cannot recommend this book enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good short introduction, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Introducing Buddhism (Kindle Edition)
Main benefit of the book is it can be read quite quickly. This is a simple account of Buddhism and is suitable as a general introduction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Introducing Buddhism (Paperback)
An easy guide to Buddhism for the beginner. Not knowing where to start learning about Buddhism I found this a very good introduction

4.0 out of 5 stars Reading Chris Paulings Introducing Buddhism, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Introducing Buddhism (Paperback)
I rate this book with four stars because I'm still reading it, the second time. I find it very fascinating because it teaches the basic precepts of Dharma and still leaves open the possibility of an almighty and mercyful God not to be considered someone to interfere into man's everyday life (with or without a plead). Whereas the Buddhist concept draws a crucial necessity to follow the Dharma and develop oneself in peace. I would like to do some more reading on the topic and develop myself through the virtue of meditating before giving a more enlightened new consideration to the matter of the choice of religion. I would suggest this book for reading to anyone, almost ... This certainly is the very best piece of reading on Buddhism that has ever come to my hands and has wrought a mighty change in my understanding towards the tradition, making me a practicioner almost overnight. I so far had had an impression on Buddhism as something totally intolerable and hostile towards the natural being of man.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Introducing Buddhism (Kindle Edition)
As someone that's been into this stuff quite a few years now and read and studied about it quite a bit, this is still an excellent and very readable summary. I bought it originally for someone else to introduce them to the subject, but got a lot out of it myself too.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 25 Jan 2014
Ms. S. J. Rolph (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Introducing Buddhism (Paperback)
I was pleased with all aspects of this purchase: the product arrived promptly and was in excellent condition and met my expectations.

Introducing Buddhism