on 26 November 2012
It turned up very quickly and does what its supposed to, good price and clear description. Bought for my nexus 7
on 14 January 2015
works great for my linx 8 tablet, enables me to plug in my external hard drive and use a wired mouse, the wireless mouse i have (microsoft mobile mouse 3500) the dongle just refuses to plugged into the socket, other than that its a great ittle item
on 28 April 2014
This little OTG USB is great to carry around with your smart phone and pocket digital camera. I use it alongside a sd card reader so that I can transfer photos from the digital camera direct to the smartphone and onto Facebook etc....
on 18 November 2013
I bought this cable to use with my asus memo pad. It worked perfectly. I can now copy anything between a memory stick/flash drive and my tablet. What more i say!
on 14 March 2016
Great value spare OTG connector for Samsung/Nokia/Kindle/Lynx. For the big Lynx tablet, I reasoned that the sideways direction of the cranked micro-usb plug should reduce strain on the tablet USB plug point when the Lynx tablet is upright and also reduce the desk-space footprint of the tablet device, compared to the "just sticking out" one provided with the big Lynx tablet. It is the right way round to help in this way.
But OTG literally means "On The Go". Sadly, it turns out that it is not so suitable for making connections when you're back at home.
At home, you will probably want to run the tablet with the power supply wire connected. Unfortunately, the plastic wire-shroud coming from the angle piece on the cranked OTG adapter sits above and obscures the view into the power-supply plug-hole. You wouldn't want to connect the tablet's long low voltage power lead plug with the cranked USB plug in place - it would put a big strain on both connection points on the tablet if you tried. If you need the power supply connected, the standard adapter is really the only choice.
on 1 May 2014
At £1.06 with free delivery, and further offers on multiple orders, it's hard to see how this could not be described as an absolute bargain.

Delivery time was good, considering it ships from Hong Kong, and on receipt it was exactly as depicted in the advert. I plugged it into my Galaxy S3, Galaxy S5 and Hudl tablet in turn and it was immediately recognised by each device, on plugging a USB flash drive or USB hard drive into it I had full access to those devices, which is exactly why I bought it, so it definitely "does what it says on the tin".

Construction quality is good and the only thing I think I would change is the length of the cable, but not knowing if this is a limitation of the OTG standard I am happy enough, I haven't had the opportunity of trying an extension cable as yet but if/when I do I'll post back.

If you need access to USB devices from your Micro USB equipped smartphone or tablet then this is hard to beat, I can't recommend it highly enough.
on 11 June 2013
Item has just arrived and I tested it by connecting my Samsung Galaxy S3 direct to my Canon 600D SLR camera. As soon as the cable was attached to the S3, the Gallery app launched and within a few seconds I was browsing and viewing the images on the camera's SD card. New I will be able to upload images from the Canon to the internet when away from home.
on 29 June 2016
I have a lot of USB devices that I like connecting to my phone depending on the occasion, wireless mice, USB sticks, hard drives and can even be used to charge other phones using a cable. If any of this sounds like what you'd like to do, I'd recommend buying it.

I've used this for mainly watching movies and move data between my phone and devices seeing as my Galaxy S6 does not have a micro SD slot and I don't want my phone to be attached to a laptop so I'm free to move around with it.

My most favourite thing about this cable is that it provides enough power that I can use my 1TB USB 3.0 Samsung Hard Drive. (Though if you go down this route, your phone may ask you to reformat the hard drive into something that a phone recognises though you may use it for another device.)
review image review image review image review image
on 25 February 2015
Bought this for my Linx 8 and everytime I plugged in any USB device it was not recognised. I even rebuilt the tablet thinking it was the tablets fault, however in the end bought another one from Novatech for £5 and this worked fine.
on 21 January 2015
Arrived two weeks late (shipped from China) and micro USB connector is a too large to fit my phone (a Samsung Note). Although very cheap, the adapter is worthless due to its very poor quality.