5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - would recommend
This book tracks the story of a young traveller piecing together clues across continents. The writer brings you into the story from the first page and it is one that is perfect for those days by the pool on holiday and is difficult to put down. Looking forward for future adventures in the sequel I hope!
Published on 28 Sept. 2012 by Sprent

2.0 out of 5 stars File under Children's
Quite fun, this, if you're a fan of, say, Tintin. I loved this sort of thing, but then I started wearing long trousers.

Published on 10 Feb. 2013 by JK

2.0 out of 5 stars File under Children's, 10 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Mappamundi (Richie Littleton Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

Richie Littleton (1st class hons in Economics from Oxford - I don't think!), in a sort of teenage rebellion against his drone-like existence in the city (yawn) chucks it all in, including girlfriend Fiona - who is 'sensible' enough to know it's all a bit silly and thus remains on hand as helpmeet (is this sensible?). He takes his backpack and heads for ... India! Meanwhile, shady figures negotiate mysterious shenanigans.

By chance, a certain item falls into Richie's hands and he begins to follow ... a trail of clues!

I was disinclined to carry on beyond about 20%, and then was finally dissuaded by these other reviews (everyone seems to hate the ending, and after this sort of beginning, I really couldn't face ploughing on only toward further disappointment). So I plead guilty to reviewing a novel without having properly read it. Sorry.

1.0 out of 5 stars Left hanging in the air ..., 26 April 2013
This review is from: Mappamundi (Richie Littleton Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Usually after a 100 pages if I don't like a book I will give up. Somehow I stuck to this one. Big mistake. Story is more like science fiction and the ending made me think that the author never really knew what to do with the book and finished it while rushing off to find a publisher.

1.0 out of 5 stars To read or not to read, 24 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Mappamundi (Richie Littleton Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Rubbish, waist of time, naive writing, Starr rating minus one, shallow unbelievable characters, plot is ridiculous, end is even poorer than the plot,could have been condensed into a one page short storyp

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - would recommend, 28 Sept. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars A great adventure story, 30 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Mappamundi (Richie Littleton Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I could not put it down.
It is not only a present day adventure story it also has an historical link to the Spanish conquest of the Americas.
His descriptions of the places that Richie visits in the book really makes you want to visit them.
A fast pace and an enjoyable read.
I normally only read books in paper form but I am glad I made an exception for this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Believable characters and well written, 2 May 2015
This review is from: Mappamundi (Richie Littleton Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I find it hard to equate the book I have just read with the two reviews which automatically appear on Amazon. Nowhere did it mention that the protagonist graduated from Oxford. There is definitely no difference in quality between this book and Dan Brown's. In fact the protagonist is far more believable than Brown's because he is ordinary. I am normally super critical of even well known authors but I look forward to reading the sequel

3.0 out of 5 stars This book is for beginners, 8 Feb. 2014
marysun (Surrrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mappamundi (Richie Littleton Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is a very basic Indiana Jones type of book but with very little action at all. I was looking forwards for the travelling around the world but I didn't really felt it .

3.0 out of 5 stars Great adventure, 17 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Mappamundi (Richie Littleton Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Excellent for a first novel but it needs a good editor's eye and blue pencil.I loved the style, the swing and the adventure, though found it a trifle over-long. Was stunned to find that it finished on a cliff-hanger and would love to read the sequel if there is one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, except.., 30 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Mappamundi (Richie Littleton Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The book was great, very engaging story and interesting subject.

However, somehow the formatting must be faulty as almost every time I opened the book, I ended at a different spot to my last reading location. Kindle seemed to interpret the paragraph and/or line spacing differently most times upon opening so that I'd ended up many pages ahead or before the page I'd left it at. Very annoying and not very conducive to me sticking with the story!

If it hadn't been for that, I'd given top marks!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Mappamundi (Richie Littleton Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Poorly written and strange story. I thought it had good title and synopsis but there it ended. Story did not grip me and try as I might finally gave in and deleted from kindle.

Mappamundi (Richie Littleton Book 1)