5.0 out of 5 stars Cvlife 1000 Lumens CREE XM-L T6 LED Zoom Lamp
Published 18 months ago by Dean Sullivan

2.0 out of 5 stars WAS An Excellent piece of kit
I was skeptical about purchasing this item because I knew they are made in China. I have had some good things and some bad things from China but I need not have worried about this flashlight at all.
I received this today and wow the company who sent this are brilliant and the packing was awesome.
Once I opened the package I saw the really nice box it was in and...
Published 19 months ago by Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars Cvlife 1000 Lumens CREE XM-L T6 LED Zoom Lamp, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Cvlife 1000 Lumens CREE XM-L T6 LED Zoom Lamp Light Zoomable Flashlight Torch With Free 2200mAh 18650 battery and charge (Misc.)
On arrival it was well packed and comes in a nice display box, all neatly packed and comes with continental adapter for uk plug sockets. I put the torch on charge immediately, unplugged it an hour and a half or so later........ pressed the button and......nothing, it transpires that the battery is totally heat shrink wrapped to stop it discharging i guess in transport. so took that off and charged it again.... its mega bright, light to carry, and has adjustable beam. I hope it keeps going... as its amazing for the price. I used it in the loft space and it just lights everything up. shame it comes with no instructions, but i did enquire from the sellers about leaving it on continuous charge, and it can but this is their reply... ''And yes, this can be left on charge all the time. But I do not suggest you do so frequently, cause this might have some damage to the battery. worth £10.99 of anyones money..........UPDATE 06/01/14 on /off button on this torch fails to always turn on, it sticks, so item has gone back for refund, shame as it was a nice torch

5.0 out of 5 stars good torch, 5 Nov 2013
I wasn't expecting much for the money I paid, but I was pleasantly surprised. The torch is sturdy and heavy, it is made of metal, not plastic. It can be adjusted so the beam is wider or narrower. The charger works well and the torch charges quickly. Once charged it lasts a long time as we just use it to see where our black dog is in the garden at night. Remember when you get this torch to remove the battery and take off the platic cover from the battery. If you don't do this the torch won't work . There are no instructions telling you to do this and it was only reading the reviews again that i found this out. Excellent torch, excellent value for money.

2.0 out of 5 stars WAS An Excellent piece of kit, 6 Mar 2013
Once I opened the package I saw the really nice box it was in and proceeded to open it. I was shocked to see how well these things were made and it also came with a British adapter as the charger is European 2 pin. I wasn't sure if the battery was already charged but I inserted the battery and turned the flashlight on. WOW!! I was totally amazed at how bright this thing was and yes the battery was charged, although maybe only partly charged but it worked.
It is very well made and feels really robust and a good feel to it.
I know some people will complain about not having instructions but I ask myself, why? There is a little push button to turn it on and the end cap unscrews to insert the battery and the bezel will turn for focus.
As far as I can make out there are 3 light dimming settings(bright, medium and dim) and a strobe light and also an SOS mode (all together 5 different modes). All you do is push the little button once for a bright light then turn it off for a couple of seconds and back on again the light is dimmed, if you turn off again for another couple of seconds and back on again the light is even dimmer, turn off and back on again you get a strobe light, turn off and back on again you get an SOS light signal. so there are your instructions.
Comes also with a car charger and and overall I am well chuffed with this and would not hesitate to buy again.
Forget the guy who complained about the battery as these do use a lot of energy and you really need to drain the battery 2 or 3 times to get the maximum output from these batteries.
I have only one little teeny weeny tiny complaint but as I say very teeny weeny tiny one: The little rubber bung that covers the charger socket was a bit fiddly to push back in but what the hell! it is still an absolute bargain for the price and if you are looking at it and thinking about buying it, then GO FOR IT! You will not regret it.

Update:

I would just like to point out that when I first received the flashlight I inserted the battery as soon as I received it.
I thought then it was just so darn bright but after a few minutes the light started to flicker. I thought I had a faulty flashlight so I decided to charge the battery and tried again. It took maybe 2½ to 3 hours to charge and then I tried again. OMG WOW!!! it was a blinding light and awesome beam too. I used the zoom lens and uses the wide angle view and it did light the whole of the garden and so much better than my halogen outdoor wall light.
So when you receive this item please make sure you charge the battery first and you will be amazed at the power of this thing.
Do not shine in anybodies eyes as it really is blinding.

Well it is now 25th September 2015 and I no longer can turn this on or off as the switch has broken.
It has been broken for about 6 months now so you will be lucky to get a year out of this.
Such a shame really as I thought it was going to last me a life time. Shame about the switch but now it is too late to complain.
I will have to bin it. :-(

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading if you are thinking of buying this or have done already!, 8 Nov 2013
David (North Wales) - See all my reviews
Having read several reviews which were often conflicting I decided to buy this product any way so here is my opinion.
Delivery:
Arrived the next day using Amazon Prime.
Was notified the previous evening that it had been despatched and then the next morning given a 1 hour delivery slot of when in would arrive.
Product:
Product was packaged appropriately and all parts present and of good quality.
What isn't on the Amazon product description:
There are a few things that previous reviews have mentioned that are quite important.
First of all, there are no instructions but like a lot of other people have said, it's a torch so why need any? Read on and you'll see.
Secondly, the battery is shrink wrapped. If you put it in the torch it will charge up and even work while charging but not if you unplug it so remove the wrapping!
Next there is an orange tube thing which after a couple of days I realised screws on to the end of the torch and looks a bit like what ground staff on airport runways use to guide the planes it when it is taxi-ing. Personally I like it because it looks like a mini light sabre!
Next, the performance is great. The beam is adjustable and as such if you shine it onto a blank wall you can see a projection of what looks like a cell or processor but this will disappear if you adjust the beam or use it on surfaces other than blank walls.
Functions:
If you partially depress the power button there are other modes. They are, SOS, strobe, bright and dim. The bright setting is easily 1000 lumens and I suspect that the reviews that state it is not this bright have had it on dim without realising.
Overall:
An excellent product and great value for money.
I have had similar torches over the years and this one is easily the best!
I would have given this 5 stars if it had come with instructions and hopefully this review will help you if you buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very bright, 3 Nov 2012
My first cree torch and its blindingly bright. Much better than my old 5 led torch. Build quality seems good so far.

Only downside is that the rechargeable battery only lasts around one and a half hours of continuous use so I need to recharge it after every use. A full recharge takes me around two or three hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent torch.....amazing value, 27 Jun 2013
Bought this torch after reading great reviews and they lived up to its expectation. Very bright. Quick delivery considering it has come from China. Only concern is that the charger looks very cheap and poorly made, however, works like a gem!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this torch if Clairvoyance are the dispatcher, 18 Dec 2013
I brought one of these torches from the Amazon site and it was dispatched by Cvlife, I was so pleased with it I decided to buy another for my son in time for Christmas, however although I paid exactly the same price the dispatcher changed from CVlife to Clairvoyance, when it arrived it was not in the original CVlife box but thrown into a jiffy bag along with the other bits which did not include the orange police night wand that I received with the original purchase. Also the charger has a continental plug with a basic UK adaptor and whilst the torch is the same and works fine there is no doubt that the Clairvoyance package is vastly inferior to that of the one CVlife dispatch.
Do I feel cheated...YES, will you feel cheated...YES, so stay clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Blindingly good torch!, 14 Sep 2013
D. McNeill "Big D" (England) - See all my reviews
Comes in a cardboard box with some foam cut outs to keep everything in place. I couldn't find the battery at first as I was expecting it to be in the box like the illustration shows. But adding 2+2 together I found it was actually in the torch already.

Take note the battery comes in-cased in a plastic wrapper so you will have to remove this first before charging it. The battery does come with some charge so you'll get an idea of brightness from the off.
Torch comes with a charger and a UK plug adapter and an in-car charger which is very handy as this torch will live in my van. As it comes with absolutely no instructions I don't know how long it takes for the battery to be fully charged. But I would assume around 2 to 3 hours.

I have no idea how to measure Lumens but lets just say it's bright. Very, very bright! I have a 1,000,000 candle lantern and this is just as bright if not more so. A fraction of the size and the battery lasts 10x's longer. You can see the beam quite clearly on a white wall in direct sunlight. Don't look into it while it's on!

The beam of light can be adjusted from a tight beam to flood by turning the silver ring. You can also adjust the light through soft touching the on/off button. You get a choice of Full/Dimmed/Flashing and a Morse Code SOS flashing sequence.
The torch also comes with a 10 inch red wand that screws onto the torch by the lens. This will be most useful by the roadside when trying to get attention or as a warning to other road users. Used with the flashing function and you would be hard to miss.

The torch is encased in a metal body and has a nice weight to it. Perhaps a little big and heavy to carry in you trouser pockets but not impossible.

All in all I'm very happy with this product and I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent item. great service and value, 6 May 2013
You will throw away all your other torches as this is so compact and small.
Looks and feels very premium.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 27 April 2013
There are some negatives such as the lack of instructions and the fact that it will not remember the mode you last used but for the price it is a very good torch. Solidly made it should last for years. I am ordering another one to keep in the car.