5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good
Gave me high speeds whilst testing my Sandisk Extreme Micro SD 64GB. 50+ MB/s, so very happy with this little gem
Published 5 months ago by Mr. S. Hindmarsh

3.0 out of 5 stars research before you buy anything so you dont have to buy twice
its a low cost item and a bargain for most people but I specifically bought a PNY Elite Performance Class 10 SDHC Memory Card - 16 GB read speed of 100mbs and when the transcend reader arrived I found that this has a maximum speed of only 90mbs which means that my card will never reach the potential it was made for.
I had in mind that because it was usb 3.0...
Published 5 months ago by garry rochelle

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Black Transcend High-Speed RDF5 USB3.0 Card Reader for SDHC/SDXC and microSDHC/microSDXC cards (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and compact, 20 April 2014
SM (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
My husband has one of these... Or he did have until I was so impressed I swiped it off him!...

On arrival it was nicely packaged and it is a simple plug and play piece of equipment.

It is compact and convenient. It takes Micro SDHC, Micro SDXC, SDHC and SDXC cards. I can't stress enough how fast transfer from this card reader is. It is way faster than I had hoped or expected.

It fits easily and snugly into your USB connection on your computer with no wobble or bad connection.

Recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars USB 3.0 Tranny, 18 Feb 2014
D Deacon "pixist" (Liverpool, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Comes nicely packed and easy to open - unlike some. It has film covering the shiny piano black sides. It fits snugly into a USB socket and works well in use. These are backwards compatible with previous USB versions. This one works well. Obviosuly speed is dependent on card used but it seems to as well as other USB 3.0 readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great adapter, 16 Jun 2013
Great adaptor. Have had it now close to a month and don't regret it one bit. Excellent if you want to use a fast way to move files between different hardware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted., 21 Aug 2014
Andre Louis (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
fits perfectly in my Laptop case where it should. I was wondering whether I'd find a USB3 card reader that wasn't huge, connected to a 3 meter cable, could support 300 different card types, a bowl of custard and a flying horse but thankfully I did. I was lugging around an old USB2 multifunction reader that did too much and was too slow when copying gigs of data from SD to my drive. The files that took 8-12 minutes with the old one, take 1-3 with this. Definitely worth the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and very cheerful, 6 Aug 2014
Good. Very good value for money. Comments about speed are only relevant if the SAME card is tested in another card reader, not one's expectations based on manufacturer's specifications. I haven't done that but it was fast enough for me and much faster than my old USB 2 reader. The only problem I've seen is that it seems to get very hot in use with my micro SD card, but I've nothing to compare it with. Anyway, it's cheap!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine!, 4 Mar 2014
If you are using one of the up-to-date SDXC cards you will find this adaptor works fine. Also accepts Mini SD. It's USB3 compatible. Be aware though that if your USB slot is recessed into the case that the card fits from the left hand side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Transcend High-Speed RDF5 USB3.0 Card Reader, 14 Feb 2014
Neat and tidy. Reads only SD and Micro SD cards so is not cluttered with superfluous ports I will never use. Smokingly fast transfer rate of the photos from my Canon camera card. 48 pics transferred instantaneously, from my point of view. I clicked "move" and they were moved. Downloading from my camera, using the same usb3 port, takes a good few seconds with Windows.
No additional software needed. Plug & Play. I plugged it in with the card inserted and the file open immediately, it took the "Device Ready to use" message another couple of seconds to appear.
In every respect this is the Speedy Gonzales of card readers, and a very good price too.
In total agreement with the other 2 reviews. I am so glad I chose this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
Good reader for all SDXC cards, and compact too.

5.0 out of 5 stars So although the USB3 speed advantages are wasted on my old hardware, 5 July 2014
After finding that another Transcend product, a 32GB class-10 micro-SD card, under-delivered hugely performance-wise, on multiple computers when using various Huawei 3G modems as the card-readers, I suspected this it was my hardware that was at fault - so ordered this to see.

Turned out I was right. On my all-USB2 hardware, with this card-reader, the Transcend 32GB class-10 card delivers a very respectable 30MB/s read, 13.5MB/s write speeds. So although the USB3 speed advantages are wasted on my old hardware, at least this card-reader allows fast cards to deliver.

In case anyone is wondering, it is not possible to use both the SD and Micro-SD card-slots at the same time. Filling both slots results in neither cards being detectable - so it's one USB-slot per card I'm afraid, which also means one card-reader per card is required.

A note on using Huawei modems as card-readers. I had presumed that such a simple function would have had been ably catered for by the Huawei design engineers. Not the case - as card-readers, these really are junk! My two modems delivered markedly different read/write performance from one another - and the reason I suspected them in the first place. The other point of note, it turns out that both modems are listed as being usable with cards only up to 8GB. I'm not sure why this is, given that both have no trouble reading/writing to 32GB cards. Also, there is no difference in the (abysmal) read/write speeds with cards that are 8GB of less that I have - hence my 'Huawei are junk' conclusion.