Published 19 months ago by Jure Kegalj

2.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS JUST A HOUSE
Published 20 months ago by The Movie Guy

4.0 out of 5 stars It's not SAW, It's not HOSTEL. It's just...different by having those 2 elements., 18 May 2013
This review is from: Vile [DVD] (DVD)
So Vile is basically (as people would call it) a Saw ripp-off. The opening scene of the film is chilling and effective, it was very well done considering the director hasn't worked on other projects. The movie centers around 4 people who pick up a hitchhiker (yea we've seen it before oh my my, tiresome.) But I didn't personally mind this because some of the actors in this movie are from my childhood show, Passions. That crazy, funny soap opera. Heidi Mueller and McKenzie Westmore. So that's already a plus from me. The rest of the cast does pretty well, considering with some of the script's stupidity. The torture scenes are intense and brutal but not overly graphic. And some characters are somewhat likeable, to the point where some are revealed to be evil (I won't spoil).

- Vile actually surprised me. With a 4.7 rating on IMDB, I thought (oh...this is utter garbage) but then I saw some of the cast and the MPAA rating. Well...it's not a complete loss, right? Vile manages to entertain and disgust sometimes (although not me...I've seen The Human Centipede 1 & 2, Cannibal Holocaust and much much more brutal films. I'm just imune and such a horror buff.) But other people...might get squeamish. So if you want a fairly good time (if you like mediocre type, mild torture films) VILE can bite the cake right off.

5.0 out of 5 stars It makes you cringe!, 11 Sep 2013
Mr. M. K. Johnson (Norwich,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vile [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is a film about PAIN-lots of it! If you have a low threshold of pain,then this is not for you-it will make you want to hide! If you love to cringe,then this is for you-you may like it!

2.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS JUST A HOUSE, 28 April 2013
The Movie Guy "Movies from A to Z" (United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The film opens attempting to build character of two young couples. The next thing you know they are trapped inside a house with other people. Their brains are connected to a collection system which measures and deposits chemicals produced when the body is in pain. The captives have 22 hours (86 minutes movie time) to produce the desired amount of this chemical or else! They can feel free to use any of the torture devices provided.

There are two things you can do, should you want to play the game.

A) Figure out which ways effectively get the desired chemical by causing pain, but minimizing the damage to the body, such as pulling a tooth and irritating the nerve ending underneath or...
B) Draw lots and randomly torture each other in different ways.

Plan B makes for a better film. The film was mindless and senseless, not like the original "Saw." Unless you just want to watch people hitting and cutting each, you might want to take a pass. Oh yes, expected twist blah blah blah. The opening soundtrack/scene was the best aspect of the film.

Parental Guide: F-bombs. No sex or nudity.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste your time!, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Vile [DVD] (DVD)
where to start, low budget, bad acting, and awful directing. I like a good horror movie and the plot sounded really clever, but nothing made sense, it took ages to get going, the only reason we watched it all was to see how it ended.....it really wasn't worth it and its 2 hours of my life I wont get back!! its such bad quality that when the actors are screaming its like the volume had increased but there are points when some of the characters are talking so quietly that even with the TV volume on max we couldn't work out what was being said. im just glad it was cheap to buy and it arrived on time and in good condition .

2.0 out of 5 stars stay in one room, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Vile (DVD)
I love a good horror/thriller but this seems to have missed the mark by a long way. not saw by any means. seemed to have saved on the budget by only using one room. I did get ready to jump but then missed the mark by a mile. would not watch again rather save my time

2.0 out of 5 stars Stupid, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Vile [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Having not previously heard of this film, I was unsure of what to expect. Something along the lines of "Hostel" or "Saw" is what I hoped for.
Stupid. Boring. Not particularly gory. I really didn't like it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Vile is crap, 2 Mar 2013
L. P. Starling "p star" (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vile [DVD] (DVD)
this film is absolute crap, story line sounds good, but it's not that at all, I was so disappointed I chucked it in the bin. surely no one else I know would watch it? I like silly corny films a little, but this is in a league of its own! DON'T BUY IT!

Vile [DVD]
Vile [DVD] by Taylor Sheridan (DVD - 2013)