5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!
I use this printer mainly to print off photographs, and it is excellent, the print quality is so professional even at the standard settings, and it's really quick too!

Published 11 months ago by John S

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor
I've had this printer for over 6 months now. I've had a lot of similar Canon printers in my time and this is probably the poorest one.
If you want to print on anything thicker than ink jet paper forget it. I used to be able to print out birthday days on previous printers but this one jams every time. The ink is also very expensive. it looses wi-fi reception all the...
Published 5 months ago by Ms. F. Castle

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP7250 Colour Inkjet Printer (Accessory)

You have 2 trays. In one tray, I keep it loaded with my 6x4 photo paper, and keep my other tray loaded with A4. So I can easily change between these 2 sizes just by changing my paper size in the printer settings. But essentially what you can do is, if you like printing documents and photographs... you can keep the first tray loaded with up to 7x5 photo paper, and just use the a4 tray for normal a4 printing paper.

Ink is expensive, but actually quite reasonably priced compared to some other printers I have owned in the past. You can get some very good quality compatible ones from companies such as moreinks for slightly cheaper than the genuine inks, and they have a good and trusted reputation. I've used ink catridges in the past which totaled up to 100.

The automatic duplex is very useful, especially when you are printing out a lot of pages and want to save paper and time.

I highly recommend that you set up your printer for wireless use and connect to it like this so all your other computers can access it too. When installing the driver, be careful because a lot of other things gets included which can be a bit annoying, but some people may like the software that comes with it, but personally I don't.

I really do think that Canon have done well when designing this printer. The output tray automatically pops down if it's printing so you don't forget and cause a paper jam. The paper trays are inside the printer so no more dust collecting paper. Each ink cartridge has a status light which I believe is used to tell you which one needs replacing (let's face it, 5 ink catridges and when you get to replacing it you may forget which one has run out). I can't help but think that Canon have thought of the common printing problems and have done what they can to resolve some of them which always gets a thumbs up by me.

Whatever you want to print, photographs, documents etc, this is a printer suitable for all types of printing up to A4. You really can't go wrong. To me, Canon have packed features into this low priced printer, and I just had to buy it!

I hope this review helps you to decide on purchasing it or not. But for the price, you are getting an absolute bargain with the print quality and features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon IP7250 - an excellent photo printer !!, 29 Dec 2012
David Jackson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP7250 Colour Inkjet Printer (Accessory)
I bought this printer because the print head on my IP4700 failed and replacement of the head would be more expensive than replacing the printer. I don't need a multi-function device and main use is for photo printing, with occasional documents and envelopes.

I'd read a few reviews of the IP7250, which concentrated on printing costs and made little real mention of print quality. It didn't help that reviews on Amazon started well, but more recently were low, dragging the average score down to 2 stars. As these seem to be related to specific issues with individual reviewers (for example, faulty units and high ink usage) I chose to go with Canon's past reputation and order the IP7250.

Two days after ordering the printer arrived, despite being the 3 - 5 day free service so I started off impressed!

Unpacking the printer was easy enough, with all of the tapes which need removing being easily accessible and the ink cartridges were easy to install. On first power up the printer initialised the print head, then a supplied thick paper sheet has to be placed into the printer to allow the head to be aligned automatically. All this took around ten minutes. The driver and associated utilities took an additional 5 minutes to install via USB connection on Windows 8. I later tried the wireless setup and this also was simple, with the wireless link being reliable so far.

The paper supply mechanism has changed since I bought my IP4700; there is no longer a lift up lid to feed in paper which doesn't fit the main tray; instead there are two fully enclosed trays provided - one can take 125 A4 (or smaller) sheets of standard paper and the other tray 20 6x4 or 7x5 sheets of photo paper. Users of older Canon printers need to be aware that the printing side of the paper is now inserted facing down; this is clearly noted in the manual.

So, how does it print ? Plain text prints very well indeed as there is a dedicated black ink tank for text printing. Speed seemed no faster than my old IP4700, but is more than satisfactory for the occasional letter or moderately sized document. There is an inbuilt duplex unit, allowing double sided printing and there is a driver setting to allow A5 booklets to be printed using A4 paper (though there is no in built stapler - but then at this cost, I don't expect one). So far, so good.

Photo printing is up to the standard of the IP4700 (which was, 2 years ago, the PC Pro A listed photo printer), with bright, contrasty prints showing good colour rendition, a high level of detail, without banding, being produced. Again, speed was similar to the IP4700 so should be fast enough for most uses.

The noise produced by the printer is higher than I expected when it's cleaning it's heads (which it, like all other recent ink jet printers I've used, seems to do randomly when a print job is submitted), though it's better when actually printing. There is a quiet mode which can be set from the driver (as well as on/off you can specify the time period when the quiet mode is to be used) and this does reduce the noise, and speed, of printing, with the printer sounding like it's moving air through it, rather than paper.

I haven't yet had the printer long enough to comment on the number of pages/prints per refill, but I note that the tanks are no more expensive than those for the IP4700, or alternative Epson models.

My overall verdict at this point is that I have bought a very good photo printer, which is also capable of good text printing and has good paper handling, all for a price which is low for the high output quality. I'm very pleased with the IP7250.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good as always, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP7250 Colour Inkjet Printer (Accessory)
This is my third Canon printer in the last 11 years. All have performed really well, especially quality photo printing. On the subject of inks replacement, a set of Canon inks costs more than this printer (that comes with a set) so it's cheaper to buy a new printer! For 4 years I have bought compatible inks via eBay, all chipped cartridges and a fifth of Canon's price. All have worked flawlessly and I have never had to clean the printer heads.

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon PIXMA iP7250 Colour Inkjet Printer, 29 Dec 2012
e.t168 (Doncaster, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP7250 Colour Inkjet Printer (Accessory)
excellent printer but shame about the ink cartridges... i find it too expensive compare to my old canon ip5000 printer ink cartridges!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value printer with all the features I need, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP7250 Colour Inkjet Printer (Accessory)
I ordered the Canon Pixma ip7250 as a replacement for the Pixma ip4500 which had given me excellent service; I did not wish to go for one of the many All in One models currently available. At 50 including a set of Canon ink cartridges this is a bargain particularly when one considers that a replacement set of genuine Canon cartridges alone will cost more than this! Printing quality and speed is excellent and in every way comparable with the Pixma ip4500. I would have preferred two full size paper trays capable of A4 rather than one for up to A4 and the other for 6x4in and 7x5in papers but this may better suit other users. The use of tray paper feeds rather than a hopper results in a low profile printer so that I can easily mount other objects above this printer. The Canon 'My Image Garden' software included is of no value to me and I suspect, few others will find it useful. You can easily delete this very large cumbersome program together with the 'Design Files' without any problem provided you have alternative software to allow direct disk printing. Actually, the disk printing software which is hidden in 'My Image Garden' is practically useless. However, Canon CD Label Print software which came with the Pixma ip4500 and other models (and should be available as a free download) does work fine with the Pixma ip7250 in spite of the fact that Canon does not indicate that this is the case. I have also been delighted to find that the latest version of Acoustica CD Label Maker (which is amongst the best label making software available) now allows direct disk printing with the Pixma ip7250. This printer is probably a little noisier than the ip4500 but this is not a problem for me and I have not even bothered to try the quiet printing mode setting. The automatic duplex setting on this printer is certainly very convenient and it works very well. Five stars for the printer but I am excluding the extra software from this rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP7250 Colour Inkjet Printer (Accessory)
I bought this to print dvd's with and this have proved excellent for this I have printed over 100 Discs on first set of inks and they are all full colour and one cartridge has just run out. I have ordered some compatible cartridges as I cannot afford to buy Cannon ones as just too expensive when are these companies going to catch on and sell at a reasonable price people can afford.

Print quality is superb, finding out how to work the software was probably the hardest bit but figured it out within a few hours, Printer installed easily and went on the wireless network fine, there was a glitch where it set up a second printer that was then set as my default but sorted that and all works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP7250 Colour Inkjet Printer (Accessory)
This printer was purchased to replace the Epson 880 that I had been using for a number of years. I have found the Canon Pixma to be equal in quality and at an affordable price. Sometimes a little slow when starting up but print speed and quality are excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 April 2013
M. Benham - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP7250 Colour Inkjet Printer (Accessory)
Takes a long time to warm up sometimes but the functionality totally eclipses my last Epson printer. Love the design with the internal paper trays, which should help to prevent dust getting inside and clogging the nozzles. The best feature - it turns itself on automatically when you print.

4.0 out of 5 stars A sound Inkjet Photo Printer, 27 Jan 2014
eljay (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP7250 Colour Inkjet Printer (Accessory)
I didn't buy this printer from Amazon, due to a catalogue of delivery confusion. However, I did pick one up at my local PC World and am so far very happy with it.
I wanted a photo printer that did just that - not one that tries to be a fax and a scanner as well. I had no need for the wi-fi option but a USB cable was supplied to get around that.
Results are good. It can be a tad noisy compared to the Canon Pixma iP4500 that it replaced, but it has a Quiet Setting (don't know what the trade-off has been when using this mode, but surely there must be one, or it would run quieter all the time?). There is no back feed, but it takes my 200gsm gloss photo paper which appears to have no difficulty in traveling round the rollers and back on itself. This makes for a smaller desk footprint that is further enhanced by the fact that the paper tray are situated in the base of the actual printer, which I like.
Regular plain paper printing is great as it can print both sides of a sheet of 80gsm paper, so can half your expense for that kind of material.
There are lots of printing gizmos included, that enable to include your photographs in templates that provide a number of useful printed items and the available range of settings mean that this a very flexible printer by any standard.
When you hit your "Print" icon, the paper delivery flap pops out automatically and doesn't have to clutter your desk for the duration.
I like this printer very much so far and if it gives me the quality and length of service that its Canon predecessor did I shall consider it money well spent.
I had to pay 10.00 more at PC World, but have since seen it only 5.00 more than the Amazon price (without a delivery charge) at a nearby Cartridge World.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good printer but takes its time at first print of the day, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP7250 Colour Inkjet Printer (Accessory)
I bought this is a standby printer for when the main one (Epson photo PX10W) unexpectedly runs out of ink or breaks down. The Canon prints great natural images on glossy or brochure paper (even in the default setting and rarely needing to select the best quality option. ) and once it gets going, it can rapidly fire out black printed matter in no time. Very few people can afford to replace the ink with the genuine manufacturers inks and I am no exception. It took compatible inks easily with no warnings or glitches, just make sure they are chipped. The ink replacement set-up is great and more printer manufacturers should take note:
All of the Epson and Lexmark printers I have owned always stopped production as soon as any colour of ink cartridge ran out - but the Canon lets you keep going - great if you mainly use black for documents, invoices etc. Brilliant idea!
As far as the wireless connection goes, my Epson set up itself pretty much in seconds but the Canon... well I struggled and gave up eventually resorting to the USB cable instead.
Another plus about the Canon is that it is becoming increasingly difficult to find a mid -level printer with a C.D tray.
I did hunt for the CD tray for a while but as most people do,I did not really pay attention to the paperwork that comes with it ( it's a printer for god's sake, who needs installation instructions??)and found the tray clipped in underneath the main paper tray. I use Printable white satin C.Ds and they reproduced well in all colours.
As a faithful Epson fan, I could be swayed to follow Canon if this printer lives as long as my old Epsons did and does not have the 'planned obsolescence' built in to it as many printers(Epson in particular) of this price do.