5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it and I will definitely read it again

2.0 out of 5 stars Started off good....i didnt finish it
Published 10 months ago by freesia

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it and I will definitely read it again, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Zombie, the Cat, and Barack Obama: Featuring appearances from The Illuminati, Osama Bin Laden, Larry the Downing Street cat, Queen Elizabeth II, the Cheshire cat and a host of characters. (Kindle Edition)
As I read this book, I kept asking myself why the author didn't start his own standup comedy show. This is one of the funniest books I have ever read. I read the chapter about Obama's feline side while in a subway train and I laughed so boisterously that everyone present looked at me as if I was crazy. In this book, the author explains how Obama got his ear-to-ear smile, what happened to Hitler and Bin Laden's bodies after their assassinations, and what brought the world economic recession. The book starts as a zombie comedy before it turns into a political satire, explaining various historical events and conspiracies in the most hilarious way. The story is very unusual in that it manages to be scary and funny at the same time. I recommend this book to everyone who like to have a good laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Humor, 24 Jun 2014
This book is funny, absurd and highly entertaining,
It is unpredictable. One minute it scares you.
Another it makes you laugh or reflect on facts that you never thought about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had Me Laughing Out Loud!, 9 Mar 2014
A hilarious little novella that kind of reminds me a bit of the writings of Dahl...only more warped! I loved the Zombie story best, and can actually see this as a short film in the vein of 'Shaun of the Dead'! Nearly as funny are the 'true origins' of Barack Obama (you will be amazed at how he got that grin!) and the truth of the Illuminati and Adolf Hitler...not reptilians at all, my friends. If you want a good short belly laugh, this one is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than a comedy, 11 Jan 2014
I had come across his FB profile by chance and found his comments interesting. I had a hunch that his satirical comedy would be good. Sure enough I was chuckling all the way through the book. At the same time I was impressed. Zombies are not portrayed as the usual mindless monsters here. It is amusing getting behind the mind of a zombie for a change. The author managed to weave in a veiled philosophy that the ending was unpredictable and gratifying. The author has also satisfied our desire to call Mr. Bin Laden a pig without the risk of being targeted by some terrorists. He brought in the innocent story of The Three Pigs. How on earth Mr. Hitler and Mr. Bin Laden got linked to piggies, you just have to read the book. The author's imagination reaches astoundingly wide, both in geography and time, but his cool as-the-matter-of-course tone, combined with his attention to the details and the ability to peace them to his theory gave his wild plot a peculiar credibility.

The other readers have commented on horror side of the story so I ought to balance things out by mentioning the affectionate element of the book: the author's fondness for cats. Two cats were given a major power: one in political way, while the other in dark supernatural way. Dog lovers may find one episode heartbreaking, with a large dose of horror. Surely, you must want to know.

This is not a shallow fun book that evaporates right after you close the book. Some lines lingered in my mind long after I finished it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious! A Must-Read!, 11 Jan 2014
I cannot rate this highly enough. It is spectacularly hilarious and so well-written. I found it engaged me right from the start and I could hardly put it down. I would love to see this made into a film. Hats off to the author for his ingenious plot line and skilful use of words ~ Bravo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes We Can, 27 Nov 2013
Let me... let me.... Oh I'm sorry i can't write because I am laughing too hard. Believe it or not this conspiracy theory makes a lot more sense than some of the things that we've been hearing in the last few years since our president took office. But the problem is, it's not a theory, it's the truth except I think it was really a dog that saved our president, not a cat. I know this is true because myfriend from Wikepedia whose a distant cousin to William Snow... Never mind... But in any case who cares? You can't be 100% right in these times. Besides we only have to please 47% of the people. Anyway. Our author writes in a Saturday Night Live news style that increases the comical moments for me. It was easy to read and great fun with a mixture of these genres. I am not one to laugh even when I go to some of the best comedians ever. The book caught me by surprise several times and i found myself laughing all over the place. It was alot of fun and is well worth the time, money and energy. When this book is done can we answer the most pressing question that comes to us when we see the title. The question is when we are done reading the book, can we figure out the relationship between The Zombie, The Cat and Barack Obama. YES WE CAN!!! I give it five stars!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Review, 11 April 2013
There are some books which are just so funny that it is almost impossible to put them down. "The Zombie, the Cat and Barack Obama" by Christopher Antony Meade is one of that happy Breed. From the opening chapter, where the reader is introduced to the ravening, but musically talented, zombie Julian Faversham; to the finale and the encounter between the zombie and Barack Obama, the reader is taken on a surreal journey that takes ranges through Area 51 to the death of Adolf Hitler and a lot more besides. All these subjects are treated with an almost nihilistic irreverence, which gives a new and very funny twist to political satire. The fortunate reader might find this book to be one of the funniest he or she has ever read, but you can guarantee that the various politicians and public figures, mercilessly lampooned in its pages will find it less than amusing.
If you want to read a really good book, that will leave you laughing uncontrollably at the pretensions of those who set themselves up as our rulers, buy this one. If you are a politician or a public figure, take a "chill pill" before reading it. You will need to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Satirical Comedy, 5 Mar 2014
Kathryn Treat (Merced, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The Zombie, The Cat and Barack Obama by Christopher Antony Meade is a satirical set of stories (part comedy, part horror, and part lies purported to be told to the public) that take the reader on a journey of historical events. Mr. Meade lets us know that these events and the stories that we have been led to believe are, in fact, false. Bin Laden’s death, Area 51, and the true background of Barack Obama are revealed in these comedic stories. Behind all these stories lie the Cheshire Cat and his travels through history.

What does a zombie, a cat, and Barack Obama have in common? You will need to read the book to find out. This was a complete departure from my usual reading but I found it amusing and entertaining.

2.0 out of 5 stars Started off good....i didnt finish it, 29 Sep 2013
freesia (Back of beyond) - See all my reviews
I was actually quite enjoying reading the tale regarding christopher anton and his zombie lodger, julian faversham and wished that had been what the rest of the book was also about. I gave up 50% of the way into the book with tales that, i assume, were being relayed by the unfortunate constable plod as it went straight on from his testimony to the prisoner of area 51. Though i notice another reviewer thinks it was christopher narrating....who knows!

Nuh.....not for me. I enjoyed the very beginning and thought it could have been expanded into much more mishaps, murders and mayhem all humours written. I dont like zombie stories but this could have been a good funny one.

I liked the style of writing, and i liked the start it just turned into rubbish for me thereafter. Shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'DISCOVER WHO THE 'ILLUMINATI' REALLY ARE'!, 22 July 2013
Denise "Dee" (Portskewett, Wales. UK.) - See all my reviews
The tales are all 'tongue in cheek' and would be a great read for those who are looking for something fun, light and easy to read. The author has a great imagination and has managed to link each tale together quite brilliantly, making the book 'flow' from one story into the next quite smoothly. You'll meet several other characters within the tales, and find out what 'really happened' to Barack Obama.
My personal favorite was the first tale about the Zombie which, at times, had me laughing out loud; but having 'said' that, I thoroughly enjoyed the book as a whole. There are definitely more titters to be had, especially when you imagine what is being so well described. The book is short, and may only take a couple of days to get through, less if you 'speed read' like my husband, but I think the author got it spot on. It's certainly worth a read and I'd happily RECOMMEND THIS BOOK to anyone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›