TOP 100 REVIEWERon 29 March 2013
One of those books you feel you MUST read but it's not the easiest. I read about 100 pages in full before skimming the rest. I just wasn't in the mood for an academic read, but got the gist of it.

Knowing what we know now it isn't as revolutionary a read as it would have been when Yudkin first wrote it. And I ate a chocolate orange whilst reading - whoops! :)
on 22 September 2013
This is a really interesting read and accurately predicts that sugar not fat is the true issue. Anyone interested inthis issue should read this journal. Some chapters are quite hard going as I am not very scientifically minded but I did not find that this in any way hindered my enjoyment or understanding of the book.
on 27 February 2013
An extremely relevant and informative book! I am so glad I went completely sugar free more than a year before reading this book. A must have book highlights how the sugar and food industry manipulate the information and scientific data to keep consumers hooked to their product! name them and shame them!
on 9 June 2014
Am studying nutrition and this book was recommended. Although it was written some time ago it is still shockingly relevant, especially with the advent of HFCS and the dangers associated with that. Would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in or studying nutrition. It makes so much sense.
on 4 January 2015
People need to read this book; this information will never be available in the public forum because it would be far too damaging to our economy for people to eat truly healthily. Well written and informative. Just give it a read - it's valuable to your health! :)
on 30 August 2014
Okay, so not the best presented of books, but a useful starter for cutting out unhealthy added sugar from your diet. Sugar is indeed worse for you than non-saturated fats. A useful book to alert people to the dangers of eating and drinking added sugar.
on 23 April 2016
Wish i'd read sooner, such a shame that Yudkin was discredited by the scientific community but it's good in a way that his work is making a comeback and health authorities all over the world are increasingly aware of the damages that sugar produce.
on 14 January 2016
This book should be read by everybody and be compulsory reading by grown up students in schools.
I read it about 35 years ago. I wish I had taken on board the valuable information that Dr Yudkin found out about the dangers of sugar.
on 1 February 2016
This book arrived extremely promptly. It is a book that should be read by everyone as it explains what was known about sugar over 40 years ago but suppressed. Sugar, in the quantities that we eat it now, is really not good for us.
on 5 April 2014
this is the first article I had read about the dangers of our vast sugar consumption and the harm it does to our bodies. it is the single most damaging cause of the obesity crisis and I for one am now trying to give up sugar.