Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£7.99

on 28 December 2013
I really like the Overtones and this is the second CD I have brought. I absolutely love their rendition of You've Lost that Loving Feeling which gave me goosebumps and Grooving is also a tune that gets me going. It is an upbeat CD that you could put on anytime and have on as background music to a party to give that atmosphere. Well done guys more please!
on 28 December 2012
Love the new CD!
Very good mix of songs and easy listening=friends who hadn't heard of them-loved it! Great buy!
on 26 October 2012
What can I say. I loved Good Old Fashioned Love (debut album) better than Higher. I'm in the USA, but I love The Overtones. I could only get the new CD by ordering from the UK and I was pleased with the transaction.

The best songs on the album, in my opinion, are... Loving the Sound, Runaround Sue, Reet Petite, Unforgettable, The Glory of Love, You've Lost That Loving Feeling, and When You Say My Name. You'll notice I preferred mostly the cover songs to the originals on this album.

I can't say that about the last album, as I loved every song on the last album. I didn't feel some of the originals on this album quite had the same sound or feel as their debut album. They just lacked something.

I'm still a huge fan and can't get enough of these guys!
on 26 October 2012
Ok, now before I start my review, I should mention that I normally get an irate person send me an inflamitory comment as they don't like what I write. This is an honest review of how I feel about this album, if it offends you its ok as its your choice as is mine to write how I feel. That's out of the way, now lets get to the meaty bit......

I had no expectations for this groups material, I heard "loving the sound" on the radio and loved the sound enough to buy the album, so for that part of it I was not disappointed. However, I have to agree with some of the negative comments made by other reviewers. The choice of songs on the album is good including the covers, I am a fan of covers so it is nice to hear another groups versions of some of the classics. But the whole album did feel a bit amateur at times. That said I didn't hate the album as I didn't know what i was going to get anyway but I wasn't blown away and certainly would have trouble listening to the whole CD. Sad really as I like surprises when I buy music and unfortunately there weren't any this time. I do believe that these guys would probably be great at a live gig and lets hope they have a long career as they have talent and its a shame that this album dosen't shine for them.
44 comments7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2014
What can I say about the Overtones? You'll either love them or hate them, like Marmite, but I love the vocal harmonies, the phrasing and it reminds me of West Coast USA just after Elvis was drafted and Buddy died. If you like real songs being sung (no offence Dre or Eminem) then this group and this album will knock you back through time. 5 out of 5 although it deserves so much more.
on 18 November 2013
Excellent material as always. The lads never fail to impress this buyer and I look forward to the next CD with great anticipation.
on 13 July 2013
not quite as original as first album but has some great bouncy numbers in their own style. i am glad i bought it
on 9 June 2013
I really love this cd all of the tracks are good and I would definately recommend it to a friend
on 5 October 2012
This is definitely the best album I've bought in a long time. All of the lads properly feature in it as they all take the lead at some point. Okay, they haven't written all of the songs, but what's wrong with covering older ones? It means my generation can discover them too, it's not like they're trying to outdo anyone? Worth every penny.
on 17 February 2014
I love The Overtones and so was keen to buy this album, I had listened to it loads online just to make sure I liked the songs. Obviously I did, so I just bought it! I would recommend it to anyone, can't fault the group, seen them live and thought they were amazing!! Enjoy :)