Format: DVDChange

on 1 April 2013
I started watching this when I was 14, and now at 18 its over. It's safe to say that the end of 'Gossip Girl' marks the end of my adolescence.

I don't generally watch American dramas but this is an exception. What makes this show special for me is the characters and of course the omniscient narrator. Using a gossip site to publish the scandalous lives of manhattan's elite is pure, pure genius. The style on this show is also unparalleled; Eric Daman has impeccable flair and rightly commented that the show would be used as a catalogue similar to a fashion magazine or website to showcase the latest trends.

This show is biting, witty and full of sex and scandal. The first two seasons are set in high school, and I would say that this is generally a far more effective setting as by the time they have stopped going to college the drama seems a bit repetitive and tiresome. Season 4 however remains a highlight, with the Paris episodes in particular standing out.

Gossip Girl is visually stunning, well-written and acted for the most part, and insanely addictive; certainly a guilty pleasure at the very least.

I definitely have not done this show justice in this review but its seriously unlike any other, even if towards the end it goes slightly downhill (but does pick itself up by the final episode!)
0Comment20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 May 2013
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. How I managed to buy 6 seasons for less than £35 when each individual series is up for sale at around £15, I don't know! Absolutely awesome series that will forever be a highlight of my teenage/young adult life. From the actors, to the fashion - this series is SO worth watching. Huge fan and couldn't be happier with my purchase.
on 4 January 2016
For anyone who's a huge fan of Gossip Girl, this is a must-see!! Full of glitz, glamour and high fashion, not to mention the scandal, sex (mostly Serena) and hot guys, I was gripped when they showed it on TV and wanted the box set so bad! This was a lovely Christmas surprise for me, and I've reached Season 5 now!! Although I'm in my thirties, I still love this show! Definitely one for the girls - perfect for a girlie night in !!!
on 4 May 2013
i was waiting for a box set of gossip girl, and this one has every season with dvds and covers exactly as they were sold separately. it is as small and simple as it can be and doesn't take much space, and it is great!
on 20 January 2014
Loved every second of Gossip Girl. Will enjoy re-watching each episode. Fantastic series. Well worth the money, would strongly recommend.
on 3 May 2014
Absolutely amazing boxset, I really feel like I've grown up with the characters. So sad when it came to an end :(
on 19 May 2013
Love this show even though it is a teen drama and I am not a teen. About a group of over priviliged rich teens from New York that are subjuct to an anonymous blogger called gossip girl. A very girly show, most teens and young adult females will love it.
on 14 June 2015
At 25 (almost 26) Gossip Girl is my guilty pleasure. It's so easy to be drawn into the world of over-privileged teenagers and fall in love with them. Spend a weekend watching back to back episodes and you'll fall in love with the characters as I did
on 6 December 2013
One of my favourite tv series! And for only £31, well, I had to buy it, it's a bargain. I love this series and every single season is absolutely brilliant, and I would definitely recommend it to a friend. Also came within 4 days of ordering.
on 21 December 2013
Gossip Girl is amazing every girl will fall in love with this show! And if you don't watch it your seriously missing out! It has everything you want in a tv show! This arrived really quickly you won't be disappointed! Xoxo Gossip Girl