4.0 out of 5 stars Best non-cortisone cream I've tried
I've had eczema since childhood, fortunately only ever confined to one small random area of my body, and to not as bad a degree as some. Though I grew out of the flaky, weepy type, I still get a flare-up on the palm of a hand every now and then because you can't help but scratch.
Published 14 months ago by Mo

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I bought this for my 5 month old baby who has had eczema since he was 4 weeks old.

Published 15 months ago by EvieB

4.0 out of 5 stars Best non-cortisone cream I've tried, 10 May 2013
Mo "mo79uk" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Hydrocortisone cream works and sometimes you need a prescription for Betnovate, and having tried various OTC creams for a couple of decades - admittedly always of the cheap sort - I'd given up having anything beyond E45 for control and a steroid cream for the 'big gun'.

But what can I say here? At least for me Dermalex Repair Eczema seems to live up to the hype; as always though, you should patch test a small area.
The first thing to bear in mind is that this is designed for use on mild to moderate eczema; I'm not sure if it would've helped me out in my more irritated child-teen years, but who knows? The other thing is that it works very slowly. You don't get the near-instant relief of a steroid cream; in fact after nearly a month of application about 15% of my not-very-itchy-red-patch remains, and if it was actively bothering me I would probably have had to resort to HC cream. But, certainly, E45 doesn't help things at all on a flare-up.

So, this is probably not going to eliminate steroid creams for everyone but I think I'm likely to only use those once in a blue moon now. Though this is more expensive for 100g, I'm willing to spend that (or try to get it on prescription) for a subtler treatment after all these years. I'm certain it could mute a beginning-flare-up very quickly.

The cream itself has no scent and seems to have the consistency of a cross between E45 and TCP ointment cream, so you can feel a slight tingle on application.
I also use it on my face as I've been allowed to use HC cream on my face as I get dry skin build up that does need to be thinned out, but over a month this has completely negated use over that as it does a much better preventive job than E45 or aqueous cream. My worry is that the efficacy may wear off (maybe it won't), but right now it's the perfect cream for me. One probably to replace HC cream in moderate sufferers in most cases, and maybe as a 3rd middle cream for severe sufferers. It appears to have no expiry date too.

As I said though, and as one other noted, it works very slowly. But then true healing in most cases is a slow process, so I do feel that 'repair' is an apt label on this product.

I expect my red patch to be entirely gone within a fortnight.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Dermalex 30g Repair Eczema (Personal Care)

I bought it from Lloyds Pharmacy and it cost me 10 for a small 30g tube. Considering lo has it all over his tummy, his thighs and creases etc..I guessed the tube would last me about a week and I'd see how we got on with it, but I was definitely prepared to keep with it if I saw good results, especially after seeing the picture on the packaging and that it contained no nasties in the ingredients.

So it is with great disappointment that I have to report that like the previous poster, for us it hasn't worked; my lo was not happy with me putting it on, screamed like mad, so does it sting?..I'd guess it does for him. I had already tested a bit on my hand and it felt fine to me, but then I don't have eczema, so maybe it didn't feel the same.

I also report that lo's eczema has now spread and is more red. It's so frustrating! I wasn't expecting a miracle cure but just something to manage it would be good. Nothing is helping him at the moment and I feel at my wits end with it. Going to go back to Dr's and hopefully we'll get to see a specialist. I have already asked if he can have a test done and they said not at this stage. Its awful watching him suffer and I really feel for anyone with this condition, its horrendous. It just seems there's no one cause & no one fits all treatment either.

Anyway, apologies its a bit long winded; just to say, hey it may work for you; you could always try the small tube first to see if you see any positive results. Its just a bit steep at 10! There doesn't seem to be many reviews for it at the moment so thought id post my experience of using it.

Incidently, we have tried diprobase, aveeno, cetraben and oilatum and it just makes his skin more red. I'm hoping he'll "grow out of it" like people keep saying he will, but living with it daily and seeing how it affects him doesn't make me very optimistic.

Good luck and hope you find something which works for you...in the meantime, we are still searching...

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 26 April 2013
Ms. M. Thakker "mthakkerr" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dermalex 30g Repair Eczema (Personal Care)
I have severe eczema and use alot of steroid creams and this didn't really work for me.

I applied it to my body and noticed little effect but then i applied it to my face and the next day my skin was bright red tight and my eyelids had swollen, i now have eczema in places on my face i didn't even have before i applied the cream.

I have heard some good things about it but it just caused me alot of pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than steroids for me, 25 Feb 2014
I have had recurring moderate to severe eczema on my face, due to stress and allergies, for over a year. I had a course of several steroid creams which improved the eczema from severe to moderate. I was unable to use them beyond 6 weeks, and they were uncomfortably greasy. I was left with moderate eczema on my face. I tried everything. My dermatologist recommended several products, which worked a little, but I had to wear camouflage make up, as my skin was scarred and uneven with dry and red patches. I bought this in desperation, expecting very little. After the first day, my skin began to repair itself and the redness disappeared. My skin was immediately non-greasy and regained natural elasticity, which ended the discomfort. The dry patches literally sloughed away painlessly. I've been using it for a week and even the stubborn thick brown patch on my forehead has almost gone. I have incredibly sensitive skin, but this suits it extremely well. I can go out without wearing foundation now and I look years younger, where I have applied it to the rest of my face! It has been a miracle for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dermalex Reapir Eczema Cream, 1 Mar 2014
Bought for my husband who suffers with eczema and his legs and arms. He has tried all kinds of creams and potions, many prescribed, but this is one cream (steroid free) which really works and alleviates the itching and irritation that eczema brings. A great product which suits my husband.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 19 Dec 2013
This has stooped my eczema in its tracks, took a few weeks to clear and now I just use it now & again when I feel I have an outbreak on the way!

3.0 out of 5 stars ok - unsure, 15 May 2013
F. Oconnor "franc" (bournemouth,uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
my 8yr old daughter has slight eczema that flares up now and again

she gets it on her face which is not very pleasant

i tried this cream on her face as a flare up had occurred

i used it for a couple of days but it didnt seem to do much

and seemed to get redder

i stopped using it as i didnt want it to get worse

it might be that it was just going through its course and would have got better

but i thought best to end usage just in case

i did test on her arm first just to make sure she could use it safely without any reaction

and that was fine

i think when dealing with young children's skin would prefer to go to the doctors

before trying a new cream

i suppose i am overprotective but when its on the face area cant take any risks

if it was on a different body area i might have used it longer to see if it helped

4.0 out of 5 stars Dermalex repair cream for eczema, 13 May 2013
Moonlit (scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm fortunate enough to have only mild eczema at the moment although in the past the itching has almost driven me mad. General moisturizing has helped using a widely available reasonably priced cream but hasn't eliminated the problem completely so I was very happy to give Dermalex a try. It is quite expensive but so far (I've been using it for a few weeks now) seems to be quite good. The itching has decreased and I feel that the general condition of my skin has improved. Is it a honeymoon period? Only time will tell. But, so far - so good.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK as a mosturiser, not much good for severe eczema, 3 May 2013
Peter Coupe (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As someone has already said, people with psoriasis or eczema will try anything to try and get some relief from the soreness, flaking and itching that these nasty skin problems cause.
I have very bad eczema on my left hand, caused (my GP says) by years of prolonged daily exposure to photographic chemicals.
I have used everything that the doctor has to offer on my hand and the results are almost always a disappointment; there is sometimes a slight reduction in the symptoms, but not much.
Sometimes it will go away for no apparent reason, but it always comes back again.
I tried this product with an open mind, and followed the application instructions given with it.
Sadly, in my case, it did make things worse. The itching became very uncomfortable after just one day of use, and the redness and soreness also increased.
It does seem to work alright for some people, but not for me.
Perhaps it works better for people with quite mild outbreaks - mine is very severe.
Anyway, always worth a try, and it is a pleasant enough moisturiser on my other hand, so it's not a complete loss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 14 July 2014
Really good cream, and substantially cheaper than buying it on the high street. After applying it I have instant relief and the erupted skin tissue repairs itself quite quickly.

Dermalex 30g Repair Eczema