5.0 out of 5 stars Promising results.....
Published 19 months ago by Big Bertha

1.0 out of 5 stars never had so many flare ups and itchyness!
Published 5 months ago by jessica

5.0 out of 5 stars Promising results....., 16 May 2013
Big Bertha (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When we ordered this we couldn't find much in the way of reviews on this cream on the net, but a family member who has been free of the symptoms of psoriasis for years and had recently suffered a flare-up was very keen to give it a go. In fact he was desperate for anything to try as the prescription medication that had always worked well in the past wasn't proving effective this time round and the itching was driving him mad.

Anyway onto the cream....after two days of applying morning and evening to damp skin he declared there was a definite improvement in his skin, the itching had calmed down and redness was starting to fade, 10 days on and the patches were no longer raised and after 3 weeks some areas have cleared completely. The remaining patches have almost gone apart from slight scarring where he'd scratched. He's really impressed with results so far and says that applying the cream to damp skin makes it really easy to use and a little goes a long way.

From the product information the listed ingredients are Purified water, Alkaline earth minerals complex optimised for Psoriasis treatment, Modified Alumino-Silicates, White petrolatum, Cetearyl alcohol, Paraffinum liquidum, Polysorbatum
60, Ethyl alcohol, Methyl 4-hydroxybenzoate

Not cheap but bearing in mind the amount of money he's wasted over the years on products that didn't work it's definitely worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dermalex, 28 Jun 2013
works well for me used 3 tubes now and it seem to be working, I have had Psoriasis since I was five now 53 so been along time waiting for something that helps

1.0 out of 5 stars never had so many flare ups and itchyness!, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Dermalex Repair Psoriasis - 60 g (Personal Care)
I was hoping that this would be the cream to sort out my psoriasis but unfortunately it's made it worse. The first 2 weeks were fine and I could see a slight improvement it looked slightly lighter, I was thrilled but it's gone downhill since then. Constant itching that bad I've had to use ice on my psoriasis. Its starting now after 4 weeks to be constantly flakey and looks terrible. I've started using it with aveno moisturiser to ease the dryness. I've had ps for 10 years on my elbows and knee's and a new flare up on my foot and hand so it doesn't seem to matter how long you have it.
I will persist until the tube is empty but I don't have high hopes. So far very disappointed to say you are supposed to see a difference with 2 weeks! I never leave reviews but this is a horrible condition and feel these claims are untrue and don't want others to waste thier money.

4.0 out of 5 stars good results, 6 Oct 2013
I have had mild psoriasis for many years which only needed a normal extra moisturising cream. However just before going on holiday I had a sudden very sore flair up and no time to go to the doctor. My pharmacist recommended this cream and, though I was stunned by the price decided to buy it. It was great and after only two days was already much better. Kept on with the treatment for the two weeks I was away and have since had no problem at all. Just back to normal. The only other time I have had a similar flair up ( a few years ago) the pharmacist recommended a steroid cream which worked but as I do not really want to use steroids did not try it again. This is expensive but worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works!, 13 May 2013
Babs (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was sceptical when I got hold of a tube of this to try. I have psoriasis, eczema and extremely sensitive skin so I have to be very careful what I use on my skin. I also refuse to use steroids daily as I have such a wide area to cover and of course as sufferers will know they are VERY damaging to the skin and cause thinning and permanent skin damage.

As directed I used this sparingly on damp skin. It has a thick cream consistency and feels very moisturising. Once on the cream absorbs nicely leaving a smooth (non greasy) feeling layer of moisture on the skin.

I kept on forgetting to use it three times a day but despite this,there really was a definite improvement in the psoriasis patches. After three days there were noticeably better. Now I wasn't sure if this is entirely down to the cream or to being the sunshine we're had over the last few days. So curious to know - I tried it on areas not exposed to the sun and I am happy to say this cream DOES work.

This would be fantastic news for mothers of small children, because nobody really wants to put steroids on their children's skin if a safe, good alternative is available.

Re the tingle, yes I felt it but it barely lasted a minute as was mild - even with my sensitive skin.

The manufacturers recommend that this is used on wet skin. This has the advantage of making the cream go on more smoothly, and you use far less. (making the cream last two or three times as long. That said, if this works for you its not as expensive as it first seems. Making sure its used on damp skin and only using what I need I still have loads left and will probably get another month or two on this.

Worth asking if your GP will prescribe it if you have severe psoriasis and on regular medication.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dermalex - better the prescription products for psoraisis, 20 Feb 2013
This is a wonderful, if not very cheap, cream. I had the worst ever outsbreak of psoraisis, which no other cream would touch. I was very miserable and took home a tube of this in the hopes it would make a difference. Immediately my skin was less inflamed and in 2 weeks I was clear - still some scarring but that fades. Really worth a try.

1.0 out of 5 stars What A Waste of Time/Hope/Money, 13 Sep 2014
My husband got me this on his Amazon account which is why this is not a "verified Amazon purchase" in the hopes that it would help my patches of intensely itchy psoriasis. I have three patches of psoriasis, ten pence sized patches, one on each knee and a slightly larger patch on my elbow travelling down a couple of inches on my forearm. I read the reviews of this cream and took the plunge. It has proved an absolute waste of money. I applied the cream, religiously, in accordance with the instructions. Not only did it not make any difference either to the amount of itching but when applied CAUSED itching mixed with burning. Nevertheless, I persevered for several weeks and no, no improvement whatsoever. I am now bored by using a cream that has no effect.

Reading other reviews, I am pleased that there are some who seem to get benefit from this cream but I shall stick to using a good moisturising cream and learn to live with my psoriasis. I just thank my lucky stars that the small patches are all I have to deal with unlike other sufferers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says, 14 May 2013
Dr. Michael Heron - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There's not much I can really say in a review about a product like this. It does exactly what it says on the tube, and comes in a tube sufficiently generous enough to last for a good long while. It tingles a little when it's applied, but that faded before too long and didn't come with any real sensation of discomfort. It doesn't even have all that much of a smell, which is my personal pet hate with products like this. I'd happily recommend it.

As an important disclaimer on the Dr in my name, I should point out that I'm a PhD doctor and not a medical doctor. you shouldn't take this review as anything approaching actual medical advice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally a cream you can use without hassle, 11 May 2013
I was sick of prescription creams that where greasy and ruined my clothes & furniture. This is a true cream that absorbes well and you can leave on. It's not fully cured my psoriasis but my skin looks like skin again. The only issue is the price but I've had a large tube for about a month and its still going! I had my doubts but will be reordering in the future!!

1.0 out of 5 stars not so good, 28 Dec 2013
actually made my skin worse, may work for other people but not for me
maybe this should be used in conjunction with another cream

Dermalex Repair Psoriasis - 60 g