4.0 out of 5 stars Best non-cortisone cream I've tried
I've had eczema since childhood, fortunately only ever confined to one small random area of my body, and to not as bad a degree as some. Though I grew out of the flaky, weepy type, I still get a flare-up on the palm of a hand every now and then because you can't help but scratch.
Published 22 months ago by Mo

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I bought this for my 5 month old baby who has had eczema since he was 4 weeks old.

Published 23 months ago by EvieB

4.0 out of 5 stars Best non-cortisone cream I've tried, 10 May 2013
Mo "mo79uk" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Dermalex Repair Eczema - 100 g (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Hydrocortisone cream works and sometimes you need a prescription for Betnovate, and having tried various OTC creams for a couple of decades - admittedly always of the cheap sort - I'd given up having anything beyond E45 for control and a steroid cream for the 'big gun'.

But what can I say here? At least for me Dermalex Repair Eczema seems to live up to the hype; as always though, you should patch test a small area.
The first thing to bear in mind is that this is designed for use on mild to moderate eczema; I'm not sure if it would've helped me out in my more irritated child-teen years, but who knows? The other thing is that it works very slowly. You don't get the near-instant relief of a steroid cream; in fact after nearly a month of application about 15% of my not-very-itchy-red-patch remains, and if it was actively bothering me I would probably have had to resort to HC cream. But, certainly, E45 doesn't help things at all on a flare-up.

So, this is probably not going to eliminate steroid creams for everyone but I think I'm likely to only use those once in a blue moon now. Though this is more expensive for 100g, I'm willing to spend that (or try to get it on prescription) for a subtler treatment after all these years. I'm certain it could mute a beginning-flare-up very quickly.

The cream itself has no scent and seems to have the consistency of a cross between E45 and TCP ointment cream, so you can feel a slight tingle on application.
I also use it on my face as I've been allowed to use HC cream on my face as I get dry skin build up that does need to be thinned out, but over a month this has completely negated use over that as it does a much better preventive job than E45 or aqueous cream. My worry is that the efficacy may wear off (maybe it won't), but right now it's the perfect cream for me. One probably to replace HC cream in moderate sufferers in most cases, and maybe as a 3rd middle cream for severe sufferers. It appears to have no expiry date too.

As I said though, and as one other noted, it works very slowly. But then true healing in most cases is a slow process, so I do feel that 'repair' is an apt label on this product.

I expect my red patch to be entirely gone within a fortnight.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 27 April 2013

I bought it from Lloyds Pharmacy and it cost me £10 for a small 30g tube. Considering lo has it all over his tummy, his thighs and creases etc..I guessed the tube would last me about a week and I'd see how we got on with it, but I was definitely prepared to keep with it if I saw good results, especially after seeing the picture on the packaging and that it contained no nasties in the ingredients.

So it is with great disappointment that I have to report that like the previous poster, for us it hasn't worked; my lo was not happy with me putting it on, screamed like mad, so does it sting?..I'd guess it does for him. I had already tested a bit on my hand and it felt fine to me, but then I don't have eczema, so maybe it didn't feel the same.

I also report that lo's eczema has now spread and is more red. It's so frustrating! I wasn't expecting a miracle cure but just something to manage it would be good. Nothing is helping him at the moment and I feel at my wits end with it. Going to go back to Dr's and hopefully we'll get to see a specialist. I have already asked if he can have a test done and they said not at this stage. Its awful watching him suffer and I really feel for anyone with this condition, its horrendous. It just seems there's no one cause & no one fits all treatment either.

Anyway, apologies its a bit long winded; just to say, hey it may work for you; you could always try the small tube first to see if you see any positive results. Its just a bit steep at £10! There doesn't seem to be many reviews for it at the moment so thought id post my experience of using it.

Incidently, we have tried diprobase, aveeno, cetraben and oilatum and it just makes his skin more red. I'm hoping he'll "grow out of it" like people keep saying he will, but living with it daily and seeing how it affects him doesn't make me very optimistic.

Good luck and hope you find something which works for you...in the meantime, we are still searching...

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than steroids for me, 25 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Dermalex Repair Eczema - 100 g (Personal Care)
I have had recurring moderate to severe eczema on my face, due to stress and allergies, for over a year. I had a course of several steroid creams which improved the eczema from severe to moderate. I was unable to use them beyond 6 weeks, and they were uncomfortably greasy. I was left with moderate eczema on my face. I tried everything. My dermatologist recommended several products, which worked a little, but I had to wear camouflage make up, as my skin was scarred and uneven with dry and red patches. I bought this in desperation, expecting very little. After the first day, my skin began to repair itself and the redness disappeared. My skin was immediately non-greasy and regained natural elasticity, which ended the discomfort. The dry patches literally sloughed away painlessly. I've been using it for a week and even the stubborn thick brown patch on my forehead has almost gone. I have incredibly sensitive skin, but this suits it extremely well. I can go out without wearing foundation now and I look years younger, where I have applied it to the rest of my face! It has been a miracle for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 26 April 2013
Ms. M. Thakker "mthakkerr" (england) - See all my reviews
I have severe eczema and use alot of steroid creams and this didn't really work for me.

I applied it to my body and noticed little effect but then i applied it to my face and the next day my skin was bright red tight and my eyelids had swollen, i now have eczema in places on my face i didn't even have before i applied the cream.

I have heard some good things about it but it just caused me alot of pain.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok - unsure, 15 May 2013
F. Oconnor "franc" (bournemouth,uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Dermalex Repair Eczema - 100 g (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
my 8yr old daughter has slight eczema that flares up now and again

she gets it on her face which is not very pleasant

i tried this cream on her face as a flare up had occurred

i used it for a couple of days but it didnt seem to do much

and seemed to get redder

i stopped using it as i didnt want it to get worse

it might be that it was just going through its course and would have got better

but i thought best to end usage just in case

i did test on her arm first just to make sure she could use it safely without any reaction

and that was fine

i think when dealing with young children's skin would prefer to go to the doctors

before trying a new cream

i suppose i am overprotective but when its on the face area cant take any risks

if it was on a different body area i might have used it longer to see if it helped

3.0 out of 5 stars Good initial reponse which was not maintained, 6 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Dermalex Repair Eczema - 100 g (Personal Care)
When I first bought it, I bought a 30 gramme tube from Boots, at full price. My skin, which was raw and very sore at the time, seemed to respond quickly and I soon felt a lot more comfortable and was sleeping through the night instead of being woken up by intense itching.

I then bought a 60 gramme tube, to give it a longer trial. My skin stayed calmer but the rate of progress had definitely slowed. I was still improving, so I decided to persist and buy a 100g tube from Amazon.

The 100 gramme tube was from a seller in Greece but had instructions in English and Greek. It appeared authentic. my skin is still pretty much the same as when I finished the 60 gramme tube.

When I started this treatment, I was on the verge of getting a prescription for a steroid cream again, but was reluctant to do so because of the skin thinning that can result from long term steroid use. Using this cream meant that I didn't need to go down this route. That was a relief.

I'd had secret hopes that the eczema would just go away altogether. That was unrealistic. I guess the best I can do is to make it comfortable, prevent infection and keep it moisturised enough so that the itching doesn't keep me awake at night. I've achieved that.

17/12/2015

I have stopped using it as my skin was deteriorating and not responding to the cream. I am using a much cheaper lotion from the supermarket.

4.0 out of 5 stars I've recently started to use this cream and I am very happy with the results so far, 19 Feb. 2015
I've suffered from psoriasis for about 5 years now, using mostly steroid creams to ease the suffering. After using steroids robotically not thinking about the detrimental effects, I've recently started to use this cream and I am very happy with the results so far. As my psoriasis is mostly concentrated on my face and ahem, arse, I am especially pleased that it can be used daily on these sensitive areas. A couple of drawbacks, you have to use it three times a day to get serious results and let's be honest, who has the time? I've decided once in the morning and once at night works quite well. Another drawback is that this cream can burn like a bitch when you first start using it. Like seriously. Especially if your skin is inflamed. The first time I used it on my 'sensitive area' it felt like the fury of a thousand suns was scorching it's way into my epidermis. The second time, it felt like I had clamped my ballbag in wor lasses hair straighteners. But thankfully the more you use it the better it gets. I now get a nice warm glow. I find that a combination of steroids and dermalex work really well to fight it. Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 19 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Dermalex Repair Eczema - 100 g (Personal Care)
This has stooped my eczema in its tracks, took a few weeks to clear and now I just use it now & again when I feel I have an outbreak on the way!

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't do the trick, 2 April 2013
McGillfan (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I should know by now, having spent a small fortune on as many different creams/lotions, that if they worked then the Dr's would be prescribing them. I think if you have a minor skin complaint this product might be beneficial, but a long term problem like eczema forget it and stay with the prescribed skin specialist medication... and save yourself some money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dermalex Reapir Eczema Cream, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Dermalex Repair Eczema - 100 g (Personal Care)
Bought for my husband who suffers with eczema and his legs and arms. He has tried all kinds of creams and potions, many prescribed, but this is one cream (steroid free) which really works and alleviates the itching and irritation that eczema brings. A great product which suits my husband.

Dermalex Repair Eczema - 100 g