on 30 December 2012
First class German-language magazine about World events, politics etc. Superbly written, with fantastic photography. Really informative without being too heavy going. Excellent.
on 30 November 2013
Easy download and handling, once you're figured out how to use it. You also don't have to buy every issue, just like you would with the paper version. As a German abroad I wouldn't' t want to miss this source of informed news anymore.
on 27 July 2013
I must admit that I cheat in this instance. I read der Spiegel every day on the Internet. My particular enjoyment is reading of events in other countries, not just UK. My UK Newspaper to a degree covers such items but not to the depth that I find in 'der Spiegel'.
on 1 November 2013
great to be able to access this and to see current affairs from another angle. Recommended for anyone interested in European affairs.
on 7 May 2014
Very useful indeed. Direct access to current editions with access to Spiegel books and archive material. Excellent i think for students and academics who want to keep in touch with outstanding and influential German journalistic analyses.
on 16 November 2013
From what I have seen, the app does neither allow you to do in-app payments for single issues (via your Google or amazon account) nor amazon payments. If you want to read a Spiegel issue, you need to sign up at their Webpage and pay via credit card or Paypal. However, when I reluctantly tried to do that, it did not work and the system said something like "there are technical problems, try later". I won't.

HELLO SPIEGEL, ARE YOU FROM THIS WORLD?
on 13 March 2015
Only a small selection of magazines the majority want you to pay to view. Rather misleading saying it's free or should I say kostenlos.
on 17 April 2015
nice to know how the Germans view the world.
on 19 January 2015