5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
I have done my first 20 minutes with this dvd today. I loved it. For a beginner I found it easy & pleasant to follow. I am quite stiff and was amazed at how much more flexible I felt afterwards. Can't wait to do more
Published 22 months ago by Jadatoady

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
ok but you need to be advanced in yoga to use it
Published 10 months ago by rb

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 23 July 2013
This review is from: Flow Yoga: Elements of Yoga: Air & Water with Tara Lee (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great follow on from Tara's Earth Foundation DVD., 23 Mar. 2013
Really love this DVD just as much as Tara's first 'Earth' foundation DVD.

I am relatively new to yoga and find that I can complete almost all of the dvd already. It feels like I have had a work out, especially if I have time to complete all three sections in one go! I improvise a few of the asanas due to a chronic back problem, however, I've noticed that yoga is helping this so much and I am having far fewer pain flare-ups. My muscles feel as if they are being unravelled (as opposed to feeling regularly in spasm) & I feel so much more relaxed in general.
Tara has a soothing voice and the routines are fairly easy to follow, especially after a couple of times. The bonus features on each dvd are also great, each about 10 mins long. I haven't attempted the 'core/dynamic' bonus yet, however, the 'breathing' and 'balances' bonus sections are brilliant & I often do these in addition to the main practice sessions, depending on how much time I have.
I understand Tara Lee holds classes in London (and specialises in pre-natal yoga), but for those of us living miles away, her DVD's really do the job! I wish I'd started doing yoga years ago, as these dvd's are so good. After 2 weeks of between 30mins- 1.5hours daily yoga practice, I feel so much better and have surprisingly lost 5lbs and an inch from my waist, already! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent yoga practice for fluidity and strength, 30 Dec. 2013
Air & Water Flow is the second title in the Elements of Yoga series by London-based instructor Tara Lee. This particular volume focuses on the second chakra and Tara frequently adds gentle fluidity to the poses to encourage more space in the body.

The main practice on this DVD is broken up into three segments:

The first is a relaxing sequence which starts with breath work then progresses into flowing upper body stretches, poses on all fours (cat/cow, hip circles), modified balance poses (side plank/half moon), a few exercises to warm up the shoulders and core (forearm plank and dolphin pose variations) and ends with sphinx/cobra and child's pose.

The second workout is more challenging with chatturangas, sun salutations, and the warrior series.

The last segment continues with a few more chatturangas and sun salutations, then leads into twisting poses, several moderate backbends (bow, bridge), and finally, variations of shoulderstand before ending shavasana and alternate nostril-breathing.

There are several bonuses on the DVD (these are same extras on all of the titles in this series): a breathing practice, also part of Air & Water Flow; a balancing sequence from Earth Foundation; a core workout from Fire Dynamic; and an extended 5-minute shavasana track.

I have practiced yoga for several years (Shiva Rea and Janet Stone being two of my favorite instructors) but I was looking for programs that were a little easier to customize based on my daily energy levels. Tara Lee's series has definitely filled that void and I would highly recommend her DVDs to both beginners and experienced yoga practitioners alike; her cuing is thorough and her demeanor is down-to-earth, encouraging yet soothing. As an added bonus, these practices were filmed at a beautiful outdoor setting in Surrey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peaceful, yet powerful, 31 July 2013
This is a great DVD for any stage of yoga practice. It's set up beautifully and easy to follow. If you know nothing about yoga, you can watch and follow and if you have practiced yoga regularly then you can just listen and follow the poses that way. A lovely part of the DVD is the music. Once you've finished any of the short practices, the DVD goes back to the main menu and if you don't look at the TV and just go into Savasana (relaxation pose) with your eyes closed and just listen, the music from the main menu is so relaxing and perfect for that moment. Enjoy the practice and how you feel from it. Tara is a wonderful teacher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, 25 Feb. 2013
I bought this DVD as there were so many great reviews, and after using it for several weeks I agree with everyone else. It is great for novices and for people who are advanced. I love the fact that there are several sessions of differing lengths, so if i don't have much time in the morning I can at least do a 9 min session. Tara is a fantastic instructor and allows enough time for each pose, It is also nice to have scenery in the background rather than a bland studio. I thoroughly recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star +, 18 Dec. 2012
I was first introduced to tara's teaching practice during my pregnancy, with her pregnancy for yoga DVD. I practiced it religiously up until a week before the birth of our daughter. I then bought her post natal yoga and yoga for mum and baby DVD's again superb... I've recently bought her Flow Yoga DVD and again I absolutely love it... Her teaching style is so unique and inspiring that I only wish that I lived in London to attend her classes! Looking forward to buying the other 2 DVD's!!!!
Nameste x

5.0 out of 5 stars first use im amazed, 13 Mar. 2014
the delivery time was amazing, ordered last thing tuesday night and delivered thursday morning!

i have always wanted to take up yoga (therefore cannot give as an in depth review as others in terms of what you may be looking for as an experienced yoga partaker!!!) but i never seem to have the time for it so after reading countless reviews for this dvd i thought why not! i generally have a lot of tension in my lower back and after doing the first part of the dvd today it feels amazingly relaxed!

20ish minutes is short enough to fit into my morning schedule before work!

athough i am not one for all this 'wind and water' flow stuff its interesting to listen to whilst im relaxing.

dont hold back if youre thinking about getting this dvd just get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The journey continues!, 31 Oct. 2012
An absolutely brilliant new DVD by Tara Lee! And the perfect stepping stone to build on after "Earth Foundation" Beginners Yoga and Beyond: Elements of Yoga: Earth Foundation with Tara Lee: Tara is radiant as ever, the video is beautiful to watch, and "Flow" takes you one step further on your journey to expand your mind and to know your body. It is a great way to start or end your day, and the video's separate chapters and the possibility to play them in sequence or on their own make this a yoga DVD that allows you to challenge yourself - or to simply relax and find some inner peace and calm. I highly recommend this DVD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, 25 Mar. 2015
I wanted to start doing Yoga as I have soft tissue damage to both my knees (cartilage problems) and I cannot keep up with most cardio. Also due to my knee problems I have become very overweight, stiff and creaky. Not good for a 29yr old woman.

I tried the first of the three workouts today after walking my dog to get myself a little loose before I just dived into it. I found the first section easy to follow in the main part, however as I am completely new to Yoga I did find it hard to understand in places as Tara uses the names of the positions instead of just guiding your body positioning manually. I am sure I will pick it up pretty fast though and I do feel a noteable expansion in my chest area, my lungs feel "cleaner" somehow and larger in capacity. Towards the end of the first section it did become more difficult for me and I was unable to perform one of the positions but that is due to the weakness in my knees and the shortness of my tendons and ligaments in my lower leg and knees, not a problem with the dvd itself. In time I am confident that I will be able to complete the first section with relative ease.

I tried to check out the second section however this seemed to me to be much more difficult than the first and, possibly because I had just finished the first section, my legs were simply too weak to perform any longer without risking injuring myself. I will say though that it was a step up from the first section in terms of difficulty level, however this is good in my opinion as it offers people a chance to progress without buying yet another dvd.

I am yet to try the third section but I am certain it will be to the same quality as the previous two sections.

The final section is a 5 minute Savasana, which is basically a meditation lying on your back, relaxing etc. This was so relaxing after the workout I almost fell asleep, not kidding! :)

As far as the order itself goes it was well packaged, arrived in a week and two days after ordering, and the dvd was undamaged.

4.0 out of 5 stars Totally enjoy this DVD, 19 Mar. 2014
Culture Enthusiast (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I was looKing to change my yoga routine (I use mainly yogalosophy by Mandy Ingber) I saw that this was the winner of the best workout DVD for 2014 (even if we are at the beginning of the year!). I checked the reviews and they were super positive so I decided to go ahead and purchase the DVD. I thorougly enjoy it: Tara is an excellent teacher. i like the fact that this DVD shows different angles and this helps understanding what to do and not to do, in addition to the detailed explanation that Tara gives.

There are three "workouts" - flows of the duration of about 20 minutes each. The first one is focused on breathing, the second one speeds up a little bit and the third one - my favourite - has a lot of reversed positions. There is also a bonus part, but I do not use it as it is not linked to the flows, and a Q&A with Tara.

This DVD is very relaxing, but not boring. The reason for the 4 stars is the music: the sort of indian cymbals that puts me to sleep. I would have preferred the option of instructions without music. What I do is: I keep the volume on the low side (but high enough to hear the explanation) and I use a yoga Spotify playlist that I like.

Highly recommended if you want some variety for your yoga practices. I still like to mix it up with Yogalosophy (which is more upbeat) - some days it is this DVD and some days it is Mandy Ingber.

Flow Yoga: Elements of Yoga: Air & Water with Tara Lee