on 1 April 2014
I bought this so I could connect my iPhone 5s to my Audi's Media system (car came with a 30 pin connector). Works a treat but loses a star because of the price. I begrudgingly paid this because of all the negative reviews for the non-apple alternatives that don't seem to be supported but in my opinion a £600+ phone should come with an adapter in the first place.

So to sum up an excellent product that does exactly as it should but at a rip off price
55 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 May 2014
I bought this to use with hyundai i30 car stereo for 61 plate car.. This works with hyundai iphone cable and whilst it charges the iphone and plays through the stereo nice and clear, it will not let me control the music via the car. I could do this previously with the hyundai cable and iphone 4s.. I previously tried cheap adapters. I personally wouldnt bother wasting money on these.. This is expensive and not sure is genuine apple product. That said it is cheaper than apple and does play the music via the car stereo.. Im 60 to 70% happy with it.
on 15 April 2015
Finally a lead that does what it says it should. After many attempts to get an adapter for 30 pin to lightning connector, I relented and purchased this one. Works perfectly in my Mercedes E220 2012. Full control using MMS in the car, full control when used on a Panasonic surround sound system but failed to work on Phillips docking station. Not the end of the world though. Bit expensive but then what Apple product isn't. Genuine product from what I can tell.
on 14 May 2015
Essential purchase for my Mercedes media interface, given that MB still insist on issuing old cables with new cars; works fine and despite the cost is still cheaper than going direct to Apple. Certainly looks the genuine article, and like all Apple cables is not as long as you would like it to be.
on 15 July 2015
Bought to work with the iPod adapter in the glovebox in my Audi. Firstly- it works! Tracks can be changed on the steering wheel and would play Spotify tracks fine. Though track names do not show, just "Track 04" etc. The two stars are lost for length, which is so short there's no where to actually rest the phone whilst plugged in - I'm going to have to spend more money on a 30pin extension cable! And another star lost because it's so thick - which makes it a real pain to position, especially given the length - it's so stiff! Pretty badly thought out really and at a premium price.
on 16 November 2015
The big disappointment is the false information I received from Apple. I asked one of their advisers, in an on-line chat, if the 2 (expensive) adapters I already had for the iPad 2 (1) to read photo cards and (2) to connect with my TV via an HDMI cable would work if I bought an Apple Lightning Adapter to 30 Pin Cable for my new Air 2. The answer was an unequivocal 'Yes'. This turned out to be a lie - I can download photos OK but trying to connect the HDMI cable results in 'this device is not supported' - so that is £40 + which will have to be spent on yet another adaptor if I want mirror imaging on the TV. I went to the trouble of getting in touch with Apple, to ask, because their web site just says that the Lightning adapter does not support all devices but they do not bother to say which ones are not.
on 23 July 2015
I bought this a few weeks ago and it worked fine on the family's IPOD/iPhones and docking stations (although it was far too short in length). However when I upgraded my iPhone to iOS 8.4 a few weeks ago a message pops up from time time that this cable accessory is not supported on this operating system (despite it being a genuine Apple product); worse still it cannot play music or charge. Therefore I am going to take it to the Apple Store for their advice as this item was not cheap, and leave our other IPOD's at 8.3 for now.
on 16 November 2015
I bought this item because, back in the day (before apple changed the charging cable design) the 30 pin cables where cheap! I, like many people, have a bunch lying around, discarded into the depths of the man-drawer, and I thought instead of paying £15 for a new lightning cable every week when they eventually break, I will buy one of these and use my old cables!

When it first came, I was so happy! No longer did I have to search for hours, looking for that one spare cable I could have sworn I had somewhere! I could just grab one of the many thousand that where lying around and plug it in! I thought I would Never have to replace it again!! Sadly, this was not the case.

I bought the item in September, and I am afraid to say, the inevitable has happened! The end of the wide, right before the lightning cable, has broken! Right now, If I jog my desk, my phone will stop charging! (I have carefully balanced the charging wire so that it is connected and will charge!)

To Conclude

Pro's;
-It was a great idea! The 30 pin connectors are cheap to buy, and every house has at least 36 of them!
-It did not effect the charging speed! The phone still charged relatively quickly!

Con's;
-The cable is a little bulky (even this could not stop the inevitable snapping of the wires inside!)
-It only lasted a couple of months! all it did was charge my phone in my room, it wasn't like I was trying to break it!

If you are very careful, This item would last for a long time, but for day to day use, it only lasted a couple of months!

Note
This review is 100% personal. The product was paid for by myself and this review is in no way influenced by any 3rd party groups!

I hope this helped!
on 27 February 2016
I love apple products and was worried when the new lighting connector came into play after the iphone 5, since my electronic devices supported the previous 30 pin cable. Hence my relief when this came out. It has enabled me to connect to my Audi and also the sound systems in my house. As well as connecting to the devices, it allows my phone to be charged. Whilst this is expensive for the amount of cable you receive, it is a lot cheaper than replacing your electronics. The former is the lesser of two evils.
on 28 May 2015
Arrived promptly and it did what i hoped it would do. I used it to attach my ipod touch, which has a lightning fitting, to the media attachment in my car which is 30 pin. It also attaches the same ipod to an azatom iflute dock/speaker. Yes, it is quite expensive for such a small item but when I searched round the Internet there seemed to be a plethora of problems reported with cheaper non Apple adapters so in my mind it was worth paying a bit more for this adapter