5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV
Fairly easy to set up. Great pictures and sound quality. Would thoroughly recommend it. Only downside is with only 2 HDMI ports and 1 scart port you'll need to ensure you only ever want to connect three items simultaneously - however for the price this is its well worth it!
Published 24 months ago by Bellaian

3.0 out of 5 stars All in all, a pretty good TV
This TV gets so many things right, and at this price point it's a steal. But it's not perfect.

Published 23 months ago by Mister Em

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: LG 42LS3450 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Direct LED TV with Freeview - Black (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't have done better, 5 Dec 2012
Looking at the listing, I was rather cautious as to whether I was ordering a correct product, the price seemed too good, £338.98 with next day delivery before 1pm. Arriving in plenty of time before the 1pm cut off, I set it up almost straight away and started using it. Upgrading from the LG 32LD450 I was expecting good things. With a quick set up, the hardest part was fitting the stand. which was only 6 screws. Picture quality was brilliant, Sound was blasting much louder than the 32LD450 ever did, and all in all the experience was much greater, and much more enjoyable. Though, there are some things you just don't want to see on a big screen in HD, but that's my fault, not the TV's

Sound *****
Picture *****
Design *****
Manual **** (Lists so many models that you have to search for your specific instructions in each section.)

If I could go back and choose whether to buy it again, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have hesitated.

5.0 out of 5 stars LG42 LS3450 42-inch Full HD Led TV, 2 Jan 2013
S. L. Marks - See all my reviews
I purchased this item 4 months ago and I must admit it's been the best tv Iv'e ever bought.The picture & sound quality are excellent,the only issue I have found is limited connectivity,but that
aside,by the way this is a latest model,the one I bought was manufactured in September 2012,overall,an excellent buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money, 31 Dec 2012
This television as a very sharp picture, looks fantastic and looks great in lounge. cannot fault for price and would recommend

3.0 out of 5 stars All in all, a pretty good TV, 2 Jan 2013

So the pros? Let's start with the vivid colours. My last LG set was a 22" Flatron, and the colour on that just doesn't have a patch on my new LS3450. It's not quite as vivid as Samsung's offerings (none of LGs TVs seem to be) but it's only slightly behind and you're really not going to notice unless you've got them side by side. Given the price canyon between the two cheapest 40"+ LED TVs offered by LG and Samsung, it's a fair concession and not one I regret. The speakers built into the TV are a lot better than I expected for the price, too, so in terms of bare essentials it's more or less covered.

Like a lot of people, I hate the over-processed look most TVs have on by default (they're probably just there to look good in showrooms) so thankfully LG have given this TV a whole slew of image adjustment options to toy with as well as an entire calibration wizard to walk users through it. I found the wizard pretty useless, partly because my image actually looked worse when I was done, and partly because some of its instructions were literally impossible to follow. It doesn't really matter, though, because the wizard's easily ignored and the options are all accessible without it. There is one thing that bothers me about the options, which leads me nicely into the cons.

I'm a Playstation 3 owner, and I don't like image processing engines messing with my picture when I'm playing games. Small text gets fuzzy and hard to read and contrast gets messed with on-the-fly to the point you're getting killed by enemies you seriously couldn't tell were even there. "Just go into picture settings and change it to 'Game' then", right? Not quite. Something I didn't figure out for about two years of owning my last LG TV was that to disable some of the more painful image processing artifacts on HDMI inputs you actually have to change the Input Label of the input to 'PC', which can only be done from the input selection menu. It's an improvement from the old LG TVs, where Input Labels were hidden away in the main options menu, but still not quite where you'd expect to find an option that affects the picture on a set that has a whole category titled 'Picture'.

Anyway, changing your input label to PC when using a laptop/computer/games console makes everything crystal clear, just as it should be, so my gripe's completely to do with the menu organisation there.

I was talking before about how bright and vivid the colours were, but you never saw me mention the black levels, and with good reason: they're... not so great. They're okayish I guess, they're what you'd expect from a TV at this price point and compare fine to similarly priced TVs, but they're also basically the only thing making me second guess picking LCD over plasma. Pretty much the only reason I didn't go for a plasma TV was the fragility of glass and the fact I wouldn't trust myself to transport a huge plasma telly around without smashing it, because as a student I'll be moving back and forth between uni and home at least a few more times. If deep blacks are something that're likely to bother you, then I honestly wouldn't bother with anything in the LCD/LED range bar the very highest end models.

The next issue I'm going to mention is the total omission of audio output. I'm serious. No option to output audio whatsoever! It wasn't an insurmountable problem for me because I use external devices for, well, everything, so I just hooked my speakers up straight to those (so much for controlling audio from one remote I guess) but it's ridiculous that a TV in 2012 wouldn't have so much as a headphone jack for external speakers to be connected. It's a genuine heads-cratcher, because even ALL of the borderline-unbranded, £200 bargain bin LCDs you expect to find in Aldi have this connectivity, but it just doesn't exist here. I'm honestly deducting a whole star for that alone.

"Well the TV wasn't advertised with audio output, so how can you count that against it?" some of you may be thinking. Simple. I consider audio output an essential, bare-bones feature in any television set. It's indefensible. I'm not rating this as a television without audio outputs, I'm simply rating it as a television and the fact it doesn't have audio output is ridiculous regardless of whether or not it claims to have it.

Also, a heads up for anyone buying this television is to be extremely careful moving it around once you've attached the stand, because that thing is DELICATE. I had no issues setting it up and getting the screws nicely tightened, but it was a pretty wobbly TV from the get-go when compared to my parents' 42" Samsung bought a good 5 years ago now. Now that I've damaged the stand trying to turn the TV a few degrees, the wobbliness is worse and now it makes a clicking sound when nudged gently, so uhh... be gentle with the TV. That's one delicate stand.

My last, and admittedly shallow, complaint is that the logo on the front sticks out like a sore thumb. The pinkish red logo just looks obnoxiously 90s. It's not important at all, I just find it hilarious that design choice made it to the end, a bit like how baffled I am by the omission of any audio output.

TL;DR: Quite a bit of negativity towards the end there, I know. The truth is it's not a perfect telly, but I do have to say it once more: it's very cheap for what you get. The picture quality is great, even if the blacks aren't as good as they could be. The menus are aesthetically pleasing and responsive, but they have one or two organisational issues. The logo looks out of place on an otherwise sleek TV, and man is the bezel thin for such a cheap TV, and it's not a particularly fat TV either. Speaking of dimensions, the cables all connect to a cut-out region and the power cord sits flush with the set so wall-mounting won't be an issue. The built-in speakers, which most of you will probably be using, are just fine, but the lack of audio connectivity is a massive kick in the nether regions.

If you're working on roughly a £300 budget, don't care for hooking up your own speakers, low power consumption and having extremely deep blacks then absolutely this is the television for you. If you can stretch another £150 odd pounds, though, do look up because you really do get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 14 Dec 2012
Excellent clear crisp picture, good sound etc. Easy to use on screen display. Would definately recommend this TV to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price and a nice looking TV, 31 Jan 2013
Excellent picture, excellent price and a nice looking TV. It is also an economical TV to run if your eco conscious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 14 Dec 2012
WOW ordered the tv and asked for express delivery,it arrived 8am
had it up and running by 9am great picture and sound,was a bit worried
about the size I had ordered but not anymore thanks Amazom

5.0 out of 5 stars NICE TV, 19 Mar 2013
Brought this for my granddad and he loves this item,. Quality TV for the price!!!!!!!!!!! lighweight and great sounding TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 17 Jan 2013
Everything I expected from it, great value!

It's Definetly 1080p Full HD, don't get confused by 720p mentioned in title