5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised
Published 14 months ago by Barry H

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the basics
I bought this to avoid unplugging my vga cable from the pc, and plugging into another pc. When I did this the icons on my screen re-sorted themselves and changed to suit a smaller screen.
The idea of getting this was to prevent this. When I switch from my pc to another and then back, the icons are moved again.
I cannot get the pc to recognise a USB stick or...
Published 13 months ago by Gerry W

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: 2Port KVM Switch Box & 2pcs Cables For USB Devices Mouse & Keyboard Printer Saver (Electronics)
I honestly thought that for 10 it probably wouldn't work and if it did then the video would be limited. I opened the package, plugged it in and it works! Brilliantly! The windows 7 machine I hot plugged monitor keyboard and the mouse, waited a minute for windows to find and install the drivers and away it went. Perfect. Monitor is 1920x1080 AOC. The XP machine was off so plugged it all in first then switched on. I had to wait a few minutes after booting up for the drivers to install but no problems. Don't know about reliability as that will take time but looks very good so far. Only one slight observation is that when the PC is in sleep mode or hibernating, the KVM is off and the keyboard will not trigger the PC to wake up but a touch of the start button instead is all that is needed. The two PC sockets are clearly marked on each side. The monitor plugs into the top of the KVM switch, the keyboard and mouse into two of the three USB sockets labelled USB console along the bottom.

I have just purchased my second KVM switch for work PC's and as above it worked first time no problems. If it fails within the next year I will edit this review. Still can't believe its possible to design, purchase the components, assemble, distribute and all for a few pounds. Someone is being ripped off. The work force maybe??

Its now July (7 months) and still no problem with either switch both of which are used several time a day. Sometimes there is a slight delay in mouse response on the XP machine depending on the hibernation/sleep state of the machine at the time of switching over but that's all. Fantastic value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work as described first time, 7 Jan 2013
Really impressed with this product. I work from home much of the time and was getting tired of using the laptop keyboard and small display, or alternatively plugging/unplugging my monitor and keyboard from my desktop system. Now I have my laptop permanently plugged into the switch and I can use my larger monitor and full size keyboard + mouse for both systems. Should have got one of these years ago.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the basics, 5 Mar 2013
I cannot get the pc to recognise a USB stick or any other USB device connected to it.

It does the basics and allows me use my screen with two pc's, but I need two mice and keyboards connected directly to the pc's.
It gives the following error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" and I cannot find any driver for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 port KVM, 3 Jan 2013
A. Willmett (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This KVM switch does the job as well as any previously installed. I originally thought that it contained USB1 components, however, it works just fine since I upgraded my keyboard and it appears that any problem had to do with my old keyboard, so I can now thoroughly recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it sounds, 28 May 2013
Some things to consider:

- I found the switch did not support Windows putting a monitor into stand-by.
- Depending on configuration, it was possible to miss the BIOS menu at start-up
- The switch, that was received, seemed to require the computer at port one be powered when working with the computer at port 2.
- The box may be neat but the necessary cabling to it is hardly the neatest of affairs.
- One cable was appeared faulty on both the VGA and USB side
- Upon examination of the inside of the switch box, the quality of the soldering appeared poor. One point was hardly, and certainly not adequately, soldered.

Quality control leaves much to be desired. This unit will be discarded.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well sort of!, 13 Feb 2013
This works well with PC number 2, which is running WinXP. However on PC number 1 which runs Win7, it causes some issues. If I try to use it as 2 PC's to 1 monitor only, the display is a bit odd - kind of dull (unless I plug the usb lead in, PC number 2 is fine without the usb connection)! If I plug in the usb connection, and connect a usb keyboard to the KVM Switch Box, I get problems on my Number 1 PC's usb ports - they 'do not recognise' devices plugged in. The Number 2 PC does not have any real problem, but every time I switch back to it it has to 'reinstall' the Switch Box, which is a minor irritant. I hope this is helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant, 11 Feb 2013
Excellant product for the price. I use this with 2 PCs - one running Win 7 and the other Win Vista. Have been using for several weeks now and am very happy with the product for its price.

5.0 out of 5 stars great device, 27 Jan 2013
THIS THING IS GREAT. SWITCHING FROM ONE PC TO ANOTHER IS ALMOST SEAMLESS. SOME REVIEWS CLAIM A NEED TO REPLACE SOME CABELS WITH A HIGHER SPEC. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. I TOOK 15-20 MINUTES TO CONNECT MY 2 PCS (1 XP THE OTHER VISTA) 1 MONITOR 1 KEYBOARD AND 1 MOUSE TO THIS AND EVERYTHING IS WORKING GREAT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built and relaible, 13 April 2014
L. J. Snell "Les" (UK) - See all my reviews
These are really useful and simple to use, I have about 5 of these at work. Push the button and it switches ove all the usb and monitor functions plugged into it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 12 April 2014
Neat little KVM with USB. I use this to switch USB keyboard & mouse and VGA monitor between my main workstation, and company laptop docking station. It does this with only one minor niggle - the Win 7 workstation, when switching back insists on reporting 'device could run faster...' meaning it has re-recognised the USB ports as USB 1.1 which is not in itself a problem unless you wanted to switch a mass storage device, which is probably not a good idea anyway. Otherwise just slightly annoying.

However I would recommend especially at this price

ARRAY(0xabdc0f24)