on 1 August 2013
Replication is terrible, Alan Titchmash deserves better.

The set should have been a joy to watch but is marred by second rate mastering and replication. The image is subject to minute but noticeable pauses throughout each volume, something any DVD authoring person should have picked up and fixed before release. One volume even has the wrong disc on it's title page. I checked the problem on both PAL, NTSC, and automatically configured players but the results were the same. IT IS CLEAR NO ONE BOTHERED TO CHECK WHAT THEY WERE DOING PROPERLY when transferring and mastering it. Aas a producer myself, I would not release it until it was properly mastered, not so this distributor. No point sending it back because the batch will all be the same.

I have seen the series on TV (without the disc errors) and it is highly entertaining. I can't recommend due to the poor quality of the disc. As I send in my opening sentence, Alan's material deserves to be served up properly, not on a rubbish DVD set.
on 20 August 2015
All four discs are poor quality. The video is jerky, poorly focussed at times and the audio goes out of sync. Unfortunately, as we have been away, we found out about this too late to return them so I've wasted £18.99
on 20 January 2016
I love the series and the content, but this was so little for the money and there are serious quality issues as someone else mentioned. It would all have fitted on one DVD. I thought they were just nit picking but even the numbers on the dvds are wrong, I thought they'd sent me 2 of the same but the content was different on one...
on 12 July 2014
I received both DVDs and am extremely happy with them
on 18 February 2013
a very interesting view of garden design ideas and history of gardens a good choice of gardens . a friendly informative style of presenting by Alan Titchmarsh
on 8 July 2013
Have also seen this on pay tv, so I bought it for reference. These gardens are excellent and very interesting.
on 3 March 2013
This was a good buy which kept Dad quite enthralled. It was a very good choice and very much appreciated.
on 26 December 2012
Enjoyed the series when it was on television, great to have it on DVD. Great to watch in the winter!
on 10 July 2014
Just brilliant!
on 20 September 2012
I am a huge fan of Alan Titchmarsh and absolutely loved this series, well done the BBC for releasing this on DVD!