4.0 out of 5 stars Smart, functional desk light
Published 18 months ago by P. Hewer

3.0 out of 5 stars LIfemax Pelican
I must agree with the contributor who thought he may have been sent a returned light.
In spite of being well packed there were small scratches on the base and just the overall look did not say 'new'
Published 16 months ago by Stripes, Scotland

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart, functional desk light, 10 Sept. 2013
P. Hewer (Thame, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lifemax 1251 Pelican LED Light with Clock (Kitchen & Home)
This was something of an impulse buy as it was offered at a good price, and I don't regret the purchase at all. Assembly is straightforward, taking care not to pinch the wires in the base.The four levels of light provided by the 47 LED bulbs cover different situations and needs. I have this lamp on a desk alongside my computer keyboard and screen. Because the arm with the LED array is easily tiltable, it can be arranged to shine on the keyboard and not the screen. When not in use, the arm may be pushed into an almost vertical position, revealing the LCD display of the digital clock. The clock is displayed on a circular see-through panel and is subtly lit. Successive touches on the lamp base increase the brightness in 4 steps, with a display indicating which level you have reached.The brightest level of light would be sufficient for detail work, or as a reading lamp for those with poor eyesight. To turn the light off, you need to cycle through the four levels and then to "off". Why not 5 stars?
(1) The base is good and weighty but the upper arm has an insubstantial plastic feel. (2) I needed to adjust the friction level on the upper arm hinge to make it usable. This is easily done with a coin or screwdriver, but no mention of this is made in the instruction leaflet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good light, 9 Mar. 2013
I. Greenman (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lifemax 1251 Pelican LED Light with Clock (Kitchen & Home)
Gives an excellent light to read by and folds (almost) flat when not in use. Wish it would fit against the wall, but its design means it has to be a couple of inches away, but that's the only complaint I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifemax 1251 Pelican LED Light with clock, 1 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Lifemax 1251 Pelican LED Light with Clock (Kitchen & Home)
I work a lot creating watercolour and oil paintings and since the new energy efficiency bulbs seem to be all we can replace our old bulbs with I was having trouble with light when working into the evenings. This lamp is brilliant and gives of a good working light. I would highly recommend it for reading crafting or if like me you like to draw and paint. Thanks to this lamp I have got my productive evenings back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovin it!, 1 July 2013
This review is from: Lifemax 1251 Pelican LED Light with Clock (Kitchen & Home)
Fantastic product, love especially the dimming function. Sturdy and stable construction, and amazingly brilliant bright flicker free lights! The built in clock seems to be fast though: for every fortnight, the display is fast a minute or so... but considering that I did not buy it for the built in clock, this product is just simply amazing

3.0 out of 5 stars LIfemax Pelican, 30 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Lifemax 1251 Pelican LED Light with Clock (Kitchen & Home)
It is sitting next to my DAB radio in the bedroom and as the brightness is increased there is disturbance on the radio. Does anyone know if this has happened to them?
I have only just received it in the post so my comments are just mostly of a visual nature.

It may look modern but it also looks-but would not think it is- not balanced i.e. it doesn't look as elegant as I thought it would.

Also, and I'm being picky, its of the kind of material that attracts dust just like the TV stand everyone seems to have. I think it would nicer in a matte finish but then I'm not a designer merely a critic.

Will get the chance to try out the actual light tonight.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Lifemax 1251 Pelican LED Light with Clock (Kitchen & Home)
Looked good and price was very reasonable, but really not fit for purpose. The charger protrudes from the back of the base which means it won't sit flush - frustrating but could live with it if the base didn't have such a large footprint. More challenging was the fact that the 'arm' with the lights on doesn't stay in place. It drops straight back down so that the only thing illuminated is the aforementioned space between the back of the unit and the wall!

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional, good quality light and looks classy., 29 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Lifemax 1251 Pelican LED Light with Clock (Kitchen & Home)
I received this a s a present because I said I liked the look of it on the web page. Had been considering other daylight type lights but this one looked sleeker. Has 4 different levels of illumination.

Two points to bear in mind - first you have to take it to the top level of illumination before you can turn it off. The switch is progressive going 0,1, 2, 3, 4, 0. Each illumination level is indicated by two small blue leds on the base. If You fold it down when not in use you will cause a slight mark on the upright.

The combined clock calender has a constant blue illumination which is enough to help you get the the lamp in an unlit room

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best quality and only 30 day return period., 5 May 2014
This review is from: Lifemax 1251 Pelican LED Light with Clock (Kitchen & Home)
Don't think it is second hand more poor build quality . Just reviewing after 8.5 months as the plug on the charger has started to crack and fall apart. Having difficulty contacting seller so I have emails Amazon. Be warned this product has a 30 day returns period!.

3.0 out of 5 stars Light, 17 April 2014
Mr. Gordon Turner (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lifemax 1251 Pelican LED Light with Clock (Kitchen & Home)
Good lamp but you do have to press the switch several time to get full power or even turn off. Has a very good white light.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 25 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Lifemax 1251 Pelican LED Light with Clock (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this awful light for a present as I thought it was just what I was looking for. It arrived SECOND HAND. The base had the imprint of sticky tape marks all over it. There was no screw or bolt to hold the top heavy upright in the base. I only realised there should have been a screw by reading other reviews of this product. The light was in a crumpled plastic bag and the box had become unstuck. I wrote to the seller who was very apologetic and said it had been placed in the wrong section. My refund was offered immediately and I was told to dispose of the item, which I did. How disappointing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›