4.0 out of 5 stars Have a Green Day
I've been a Green Day (GD) fan since "Dookie" took over the world and I've enjoyed their music since. Some records, like 2000's "Warning", have been sketchy at best with maybe half a record being great and the rest not so much. "Uno" feels to me like this kind of GD record.

There are quite a few songs that, despite repeat listenings, I can't get into and feel...
Published 22 months ago by Sam Quixote

3.0 out of 5 stars solid with no surprise
Maybe I did not manage my expectation well. Gyus made a good job but not sure who remembers one year later. Lets wait for the rest od the trilogy. So far so good.
Published 21 months ago by Martin Strauch

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars solid with no surprise, 4 Nov 2012
Martin Strauch "ms" (Prague. Czech rep.) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great band back to their best, 31 Oct 2012
D. P. Gooch (wales,uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ĦUNO! [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Just love this album it's like vintage green day can't wait for dos and tre an to complete the trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars unbeleivable, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: iUno! (Audio CD)
words can't describe - what an amazing album it is- a good mix of both the upbeat and quick songs the fans love- and the slower ballads evryone remembers them for- roll on the next two

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 27 Oct 2012
Fantastic album, literally can not stop listening to it! Green Day just keep getting better, I hope Dos and Tre are equally as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album - Classic Green Day?, 26 Oct 2012
This review is from: iUno! (Audio CD)
Green Day are back to there good old best with this album, it reminds you what they use to be like back in the nineties, it has great melody s and very catchy tunes!!! They still have that classic guitar sound and great vocals, they just keep making great music.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Bliss and Tests of Love, 14 Oct 2012
This review is from: iUno! (Audio CD)
"Uno" by Greenday piqued my interest due to the "Oh Love" song. I had heard the song from youtube and was curious to check out the cd. I understand that others may take the cd to have different meanings, but the theme of feeling adoration is my current interpretation of "Uno". It is just that "Stay The Night", "Troublemaker", and "Oh Love" seem to embody the highs and lows of endearment. "Angel Blue", "Sweet 16" and "Rusty James" are also appealing tunes. "Uno" is a fitting choice for those who like at least five Greenday songs.

4.0 out of 5 stars After the negative reviews, I was pleasantly surprised!, 12 Oct 2012
This review is from: iUno! (Audio CD)
Maybe I didn't have high expectations due to the various people saying this was 'the same old Green Day bla bla bla from years ago and they should give up' etc... but I happen to LOVE the same old Green Day sound so anything new is welcome. Honestly, I have heard worse albums from them - this is really not bad at all. I think they set a high benchmark for themselves after American Idiot, but I think they pulled it off with 21st Century Breakdown (even if not commercially as successful), and this one is in a different style - the songs aren't connected or anything, but I don't know where else they could have gone with that. Instead, the albums are connected - uno! dos! tres! Honestly really love this album. I have not yet heard the other two albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars at last a new disc, 8 Oct 2012
This review is from: iUno! (Audio CD)
my daughter is green day obsessed and is so pleased with the new release. it went straight on the MP3 and accompanies her to school each day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth over a 3 year wait!!, 29 Sep 2012
Paulus (Northants, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ĦUNO! [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
You wait for 3 years and then 3 come along at once! (well nearly) As a Green Day fan since pretty much the beginning this album is a fantastic offering, jumping back to the Dookie / Insomniac type, fast-paced angry punkish rock, to more mellow, even 60's sounding tracks and of course some pure rock n roll. Carpe Diem is my pick of the bunch, but there are plenty of other strong efforts including the opening Nuclear family. There are no 9 - 10 minute tracks, as seen on the previous 21st Century and AI albums, brilliant though they were, you can't keep churning these rock operas out. If there was a half star I'd give it 4.5, as there are 2 weeker tracks, but that's only my opinion. BJ's vocals are stronger than ever. Can't wait until they tour the trilogy of albums, probably sometime in the New Year as they are embarking on a N American tour first. I've seen them a few times, never fail to impress. As I've got all of the albums I ordered on CD, but you can download it on this week of release for just £4.99!! Well worth it surely?

4.0 out of 5 stars I want to be fair here, 25 Sep 2012
Big Jim "Big Jim" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: iUno! (Audio CD)
This being the first in an ambitious triple album assault and having listened to it a good few times it has gradually grown on me. Their main problem is that American Idiot is just such a huge act to follow and it was inevitable that 21st Century Breakdown only partly accomplished this. Few bands ever manage to replicate their "defining" album(s) with later releases. The Who post Who's next/Quadrophenia? Stones Exile/Sticky fingers? Zeppelin iv/Physical Graffiti? I could go on and don't forget many fans of the earlier "punky" stuff accused the band of "selling out" with 'Idiot. So if we accept that few bands quit after their "best" album (I'm sure you can think of a few though) then there is an ongoing quest to at least match this. So the band have decided that bigger has to be better and Uno, Dos, Tres is the result.

As for Uno, I'm not totally convinced that re-visiting the past is necessarily a good thing mainly because with such an energetic early back catalogue you would have to question if the youthful vim and vigour and indeed anger is still there. On the evidence here I would have to say only partly so. There are no songs that immediately jump out at you and proclaim themselves "classic" The swearing appears a bit formulaic, as if it's expected of them and the production seems to have dulled the edges somewhat. But it still worth 4 stars. How can this be?

Well the vim and vigour that is left is still much much more than most bands, certainly of their age, and much more than many bands 20 years younger. There is still justifiable anger in some of the songs, making political points aplenty. The musicianship is better than ever, the drumming of Tre Cool is exemplary and although no song jumped out at me as a whole the tracks grow on you insidiously till you can't help liking them.

I suppose what my meanderings above are trying to say is that as an attempt to beat or at least reach the mega-high standard of American Idiot this fails. It isn't as innovative or as powerful as that album. It isn't as good as Dookie either, the songs aren't quite as good but it is a darned good try. What WILL be interesting is what the innovations we are promised we can expect on parts 2 and 3 sound like. Will they alienate those that prefer the rougher round the edges, punky sounds on Uno or will they please those of us who would like to see the boundaries pushed that little bit? Either way I can't wait to find out.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›