4.0 out of 5 stars Good primer for blogging, beginners
I'm writing this from the perspective of a blogger, someone who has blogged since 2008 with a moderately successful blog (relatively speaking). I'm always on the lookout for books on blogging so as to improve my website for readers, try new techniques.

Published 8 months ago by Parka

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK Book but Not the Best
This book is ok but not really comprehensive enough to be much use to anyone needing info on taking practical steps.
Published 1 month ago by Maddy

4.0 out of 5 stars Good primer for blogging, beginners, 3 Dec 2013
Parka (Singapore) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Blog, Inc.: Blogging for Passion, Profit, and to Create Community (Kindle Edition)

This book by Joy Deangdeelert Cho is more of an introductory guide to blogging. It covers topics like picking your niche, choosing a blogging platform, how to behave online, and monetizing your blog. They are mentioned in a rather general way, very informative to new bloggers but lacking the depth that experienced bloggers look for.

I like the interview series as they look at other bloggers. It gives a nice overview of blogging from the perspective of other bloggers. However, if you want to get more technical, I would recommend checking out Blogging Heroes and Clear Blogging

Blog, Inc is just one of the many books on blogging that are out there, just that this one's from the perspective of the author. Most blogging books talk about similar techniques at building a successful blog, with the difference usually being the story of how the author started her own. I may sound critical but I've read too many books on blogging.

If you're a beginner, you might also want to check out Blogging for Creatives. If you're into changing your mindset, you can try Click Millionaires.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 11 Dec 2012
K. Willis "Kimbo" (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blog, Inc. (Paperback)
Bought this to up my blogging game - although all the blogs referenced are American and I'm a Brit, it's still essential reading, really informative, good tips and nicely laid out. Now to just get a zillion readers to read my blog... Oh, it's [...] - and it's funny. Cho's writing style is easy to digest and I definitely feel that I have some great new ideas to get my blog blooming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Blog, Inc. (Paperback)
I'm a novice blogger and this has helped me with the ins and outs of the blogging world. If you're just starting out and want some helpful tips this book is perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blog,Inc, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Blog, Inc. (Paperback)
My teenage granddaughter is a keen Fashion Blogger and I thought this would be great for her. I was right, she
loves it, so I had to give this a high score.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of practical advice, 29 Nov 2012
This review is from: Blog, Inc. (Paperback)
The book is interesting and easy to read, a great position for a blogger-to-be. Joy discusses different aspects of blogging and gives useful advice concerning posting on the blog, time management, taking part in the community. The interviews with some popular bloggers sharing their stories are inspiring and show that it is possible to become successful and even earn a living by simply following one's passions.

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK Book but Not the Best, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Blog, Inc. (Paperback)
I found it quite fluffy and not instructional enough for what I needed. I used it as a springboard to do deeper research so in that respect it was useful. However for complete beginners to blogging, this book is not enough, in my experience, to get you up and running without needing other, more meaty resources.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Blog, Inc. (Paperback)
This is quite informative but it has so many interviews inside from already successful bloggers; the majority of these I found very boring and not relevant. Some good info and structure in here but there could be more.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very limited..., 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Blog, Inc. (Paperback)
Although this book may give a vague insight for people considering starting a blog, there is not alot of helpful information that you can put into practice. Very limited.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: Blog, Inc. (Paperback)
Dull, half baked book with lots of links to supposedly successful blogs. You visit them to find they're as barren as the Sahara desert with little evidence of the success that is talked about. Successful in their own minds perhaps, but certainly not in the real world.

3.0 out of 5 stars Full review can be found on my blog: Autumn Leaves, 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: Blog, Inc. (Paperback)
Very much US focused and for newer bloggers. Chapters 5-7 are useful for more established bloggers but information could be found easily on the internet. For a full review of the good/bad and images, visit my blog Autumn Leaves.