5.0 out of 5 stars Lotus rise!
Published 20 months ago by I. Zaras

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh...
Not her best, but not her worst! A nice enough album from Ms. Aguilera! The lead single 'Your Body' is AMAZING though and one of the best pop tunes from 2012!
Published 16 months ago by Greg

5.0 out of 5 stars Lotus rise!, 12 Nov 2012
I. Zaras (Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lotus (Audio CD)
I've been waiting a new album from Christina Aguilera for two whole years after the release of the very controversial "Bionic", which by the way made me a big fan of hers. It was all over the place, but some of its tracks stood out very loudly. Its successor "Lotus" , though, is nothing like it. It's a very cohesive album, whose tracks are very carefully selected and placed in order to experience the album the way the artist meant you to. Beginning with a very interesting and mysterious intro, it moves to the empowerment anthem "Army of me", (Christina described it as "Fighter 2.0"). The beat gradually rises with some great tunes until it climaxes with the ultimate Max Martin/Shellback produced dance jam "Let there be love". After that, the beat goes down and up again and so on, since some upbeat songs are mixed with the ballads.

There are no fillers in the album, I mean none! Just some songs that are less good than the others. The ballads are not that good compared to those on "Bionic" but not bad whatsoever. I love "Cease fire", but the biggest surprise for me was "Just a fool (Featuring Blake Sheldon)" ; after hearing that she experimented on country music, I expected the worst, but the result was phenomenal.

In the dance compartment, the best tracks are: "Army of me", "Make the world move (Featuring Cee Lo Green)", "Your body", "Let there be love" (The best in the album), the grower "Circles" and "Shut up"; what can I say about this song. Christina is so fearless and fearful at the same time. Full of swear words, but she censored the poor thing. It still does the trick though. Want to sing the chorus to anyone who gets on my nerves!

The only LAME thing about this album is that, although it is labeled as "Explicit", only "Circles" is fully uncensored. "Your body" and "Shut up" ARE censored for some reason.

All in all, if you are a Christina Aguilera fan, but you were disappointed with "Bionic", worry no more; this is the album for you. It has everything, dance jams, ballads and classic Christina fun songs! If you are a casual listener you will probably enjoy most of the album, since it's filled with radio friendly material.

5.0 out of 5 stars Musical Flower, 14 Nov 2012
Christina Aguilera's interview with Lucky magazine was what first got me interested in checking out her recent work. My curiosity was also heightened when she mentioned that anyone that likes the song "Fighter" is also going to like her new work and when Blake Shelton publicly endorsed her latest cd (via facebook). I consider both Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert naturally good singers. Naturally,I figured that "Lotus" must contain good vocals as well. I am glad that I went by this hunch because Christina Aguilera's voice definitely shines through on this deluxe version. I understand that others may prefer different songs, but these tracks are currently among some of my favorites on "Lotus": "Army Of Me", "Red Hot Kinda Love" "Make The World Move" (featuring Ceelo), "Your Body", "Let There Be Love", "Around The World", "Best Of Me", "Just A Fool" (featuring Blake Shelton), and "Light Up The Sky".
"Lotus" by Christina Aguilera is definitely recommended for those who enjoy "Fighter" and/or at least three songs by Christina Aguilera.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE voice, 12 Nov 2012
Benson (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Lotus (Audio CD)
When you have to listen to an album at least twice to really take in the lyrics and vocal delivery, you know you have a real pop album in your hands, rather than something churned out by the latest hit factory.

As an owner of all Christina's previous albums I was rather satisfied with Lotus. It's a through and through pop album with a sound very `in' right now. Working with Max Martin for the first time proves a hit with lead single `Your Body' and the sure fire club hit `Let There Be Love'. Yes, it's that `electro dance' production style that has already worked well for Katy Perry, Usher, Cheryl Cole and a whole host of others but you can't fail to recognise it as a Christina track with her vocal trademarks clearly stamped all over it.

`Red Hot Kinda Love' is catchy pop at its best with one of the most effective vocal hooks I've heard in a while. My other major highlight was `Cease Fire', a midtempo track led by a military-esque pulsating drum beat, likely to have been inspired by Christina's recent divorce. `Empty Words' oozes with positivity and a piano hook a little reminiscent of Demi Lovato's `Skyscraper'.

Overall, I found the vocal delivery quite characteristically `shouty' throughout on Lotus. There have been a few tracks on previous albums where Christina eases off the vocal olympics and sings more sparsely showing more vulnerable qualities to her voice. It's not a major criticism just an observation for those who have enjoyed tracks in the past such as `I'm OK' and `Oh Mother'. The lead ballad here is `Blank Page', a new songwriting collaboration with Sia, accompanied by little more than piano; the `Beautiful' or `Hurt' of the album. The country rock tinged `Just A Fool' with Blake Shelton surely proves Christina can make any genre her own with her distinctive vocal delivery. A great collaboration and one I personally enjoyed a lot more than the Cee-Lo Green one which failed to ignite me as much.

Lyrically there are a lot more of `Fighter' style songs. This is good news for anyone who likes this kind of `knock me down and I'll get back up' theme. Others may wonder just who Christina is so angry at. Whatever the case, Lotus surely proves Christina doesn't only have `the voice' but `that voice' which continues to set her apart as an artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars A huge voice is back., 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: Lotus (Audio CD)
Well, a lot of artists made their comeback the last months after many years of abstention. This is one to remember and totally worth the wait. A woman with a sublime voice, recognized by the most important people in music and not only is returning to express once more that she's beautiful no matter what we say. The album is all about standing on your two feet, punching hard your enemies and getting over your obstacles like a fighter. On the other hand, this record is obviously made to fight its way back to the charts since the last record was commercially a failure. So she used some Max Martin magic for this. This means that we have some dance tracks and club bangers, easily 'swallowed' by the listener that will make you sing along right away. Of course she couldn't do a thing without her 'vocal sensational' ballads, so here, working partly with Sia once more, there is a set of ballads hard to describe with words. Sometimes you just have to listen. Raw emotion and vocals at their best, feelings flowing all over the place by a woman who had a lot of ups and downs in both her personal and professional life and the lyrics are picturing it beautifully. The collaborations are inevitable and came out great with CeeLo backing her in the soulful dance track 'Make the world move' while Blake Shelton showing her how pop and country can be combined to create something as beautiful as 'Just a fool'. The album could be discribed as a 'Stripped' volume 2 in lyrical and emotional terms but the music is definitely following the times and it looks like it's the first time that Christina Aguilera decided not to do only what she wants but what the radio wants to play. I assure this purchase is totally worthy and maybe the best comeback we've seen in years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best x-Tina Record, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Lotus (Audio CD)
I adore Christina Aguilera as well Shakira. Bionic was a good record, I admit the music scene changes every week or every month. Lotus is magic!!! Beautiful record. One of Christina best work with pure quality. I strong recommend you to get a copy. ARMY OF ME and Just a fool are my favourite tracks. There are other good ones. I love Your body, Let be Love make the world move, around the world. Hurry up and get yourself a copy.
Score 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW I AM NOT A BIG FAN BUT THIS ALBUM HAS MADE ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 13 Nov 2012
J. Buchanan "Dragon King" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lotus (Audio CD)
WOOOOOOOOOW Awasome album full of ballads and upbeat songs that i didn't think i would ever hear on her album ...

my favs:

ARMY OF ME
JUST A FOOL
AROUND THE WORLD
YOUR BODY
THE BEST OF ME

4.0 out of 5 stars hola, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Lotus (Audio CD)
Its a GREAT pop album, a lot of the songs are fun and catchy and the ballads are beautiful. Its not the best Christina Aguilera album however. The production was a little lazy and she strained a lot but I like the album. I love best of me, your body, let there be love, army of me and empty words.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb CD, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Lotus (Audio CD)
I am a huge fan of Christina and this album is amazing. I listen to it all the time - what great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lotus (Audio CD)
a really good cd with lots of good songs and well worth the buy i would buy again brilliant perchase

5.0 out of 5 stars I love some of the songs, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lotus (Audio CD)
I love some of the songs. Though it is neither her best or worst album. Though this album does contain some awesome songs. I would love to see her on tour

Lotus
Lotus by Christina Aguilera (Audio CD - 2012)