4.0 out of 5 stars Elements of most ND albums
Published 18 months ago by Mabu

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea...
I guess I am still stuck in the 90s, and prefer the older stuff.. But a nice change in their music, and change is always good right?
Published 10 months ago by Gabs

4.0 out of 5 stars Elements of most ND albums, 4 Oct 2012
Mabu "Mabu" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Push And Shove (Audio CD)
A long time fan of No Doubt, but not that keen on Rock Steady (never play it) I am really pleased with this album. There is a return to reggae via interludes in a fair few of the songs and once again some slow, funky bass lines (inclusing probably the best bass 'riff' that I've ever heard, in the it's title track). These are bass lines which have far more feel to them than the ones used throughout Rock Steady. As the album passes the half way point it seems to become more influenced by Gwen's solo stuff, but the better solo stuff rather than any of the cheesey hairbrushmic songs that she did. There is a slight electric ska feel here and there, hence the front cover I guess. More synth than an 80's wedding, but its so well produced with original sounds that it really works. In fact production-wise it is probably one of the best albums I own. Most importantly, tho, her voice is more expressive again, albeit enhanced with some kind of resonance effect for much of the album. Think Return of Saturn in an angry mood and even the odd wail and gasp which made Tragic Kingdom one of my top fav albums and infact, if you listen carefully you can hear a return to the odd syncopated guitar strumming that gave TK it's pace and energy. This would have deserved five stars if they hadn't clearly been trying to appease Gwen's recently won fans in teh later half of the album, but hey I think they've earned that right!

Well done No Doubt, and thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 26 Sep 2012
This review is from: Push And Shove (Audio CD)
this album is fantastic and its so wonderful to finally have new songs by no doubt in the world.their sound is slightly different,more electro than their last album but just as good,if not better!

5.0 out of 5 stars No Doubt are back, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Push And Shove (Audio CD)
No Doubt came back with their new album! It's lovely, maybe not classic No Doubt but definitely a good album -- Maybe this is the new No Doubt and personally I have no problems with that! All The songs glued with me and I enjoy the whole album as a full body of work!

4.0 out of 5 stars Came quickly, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Push And Shove (Audio CD)
Product came really quickly, was of cheap price and is a really good album. Would recommend, especially to fans of the 'singles' album. Thank you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea..., 9 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars cd, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Push And Shove (Audio CD)
have liked no doubt for years and got this one just to see if any the same and i really enjoyed it bit samey in places but loved it all the same

4.0 out of 5 stars Welcome back, take your thrones again!, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Push And Shove (Audio CD)
I have been a big fan of No Doubt for quite a few years. I love the new album and has been in my cd player since it arrived. Deffinately not their greatest album but a must buy for any fan of no doubt

5.0 out of 5 stars Gr8 CD, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: Push And Shove (Audio CD)
Love this CD but I love most of No Doubts albums so very pleased to add this one to my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: Push And Shove (Audio CD)
And I have high expectations after their previous work!
It's got elements of ska that make this stand out and characterise No Doubt, really pleased that they haven't got lost in the crowd!
Very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable, 9 Jan 2013
C. Simpkins "darkbard0" (W.Yorks, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Push And Shove (MP3 Download)
I was a bit 50/50 about getting this to be honest, as I'm a big No Doubt fan and there were a few reviews moaning that they weren't the same. But then I thought 'well it's No Doubt, just do it' - so I did! Music is meant to evolve, so I don't like it when people expect them to have exactly the same sound anyway, but I'm extra glad I didn't get put off. This is No Doubt old style with some new style thrown in, it's a really really really enjoyable listen, and I don't think it loses anything. It's still their sound, and they're still brilliant and great to listen to.

If you like No Doubt, and have done for a while or just discovering them, this is a really cool album and extremely enjoyable. Go for it.

ARRAY(0xa9295354)