5.0 out of 5 stars very good
For my PS3 put it straight in not a problem. Got a different one before this and had to have 2 sent out then got my money back then brought this works perfect. Plus good value for around £40 cant go wrong .....
Published 19 months ago by sisparks

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough
Not as quiet as the seagate and samsung drives.The noise is more on par with hitachi drives(loud motor/writes)

No AAM on this hdd

The drive will auto sleep in usb connection.Tried to disable it, has no effect.

Had this drive for 1.5 month. Used the drive as storage data only.
Did a zero write full format and the speed on the drive is...
Published 3 months ago by Yuribot

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 7 May 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal PS3 HDD Upgrade, 24 Oct 2013
I bought this as an upgrade for my PS3 HDD (Hard Disc Drive), after I had filled the 320GB HDD that came with it.

I was taking a gamble by going for a 1TB HDD, as I had no real idea if the PS3 would handle such a large HDD or if it would affect performance.

After doing a fair bit of research and reading on the web, I settled on this HDD, for a number of reasons:

1) It was the correct dimensions - PS3 HDD have to be 9.5mm high, some 2.5inch HDD are taller than 9.5mm and won't fit in the PS3.

2) Running speed of 5400rpm - PS3 is compatible with HDD's that run at 5400rpm, I've read online that some people have put in HDD's that run at 7200rpm, but I chose to stay safe and avoid the risk of overheating my PS3.

3) The HDD has only two platters - the fewer the platters in the HDD, the quicker the HDD read speed. It also has a decent size buffer, more than what the PS3 needs on the HDD.

4) 1TB size for a reasonable price.

Installation of the new HDD was relatively straight foward - one tip I would give is to do your research and read up on how to change the HDD before attempting to change the HDD in your PS3 - because its not about just removing one HDD and sticking the new one in, you also need to install the PS3 system software. Sony's PlayStation website has all the information in its help and support pages.

Imagine my relief when the old 320GB HDD I took out of my PS3 was also a Toshiba..!!

It's only been in my PS3 for a little over a month now, which is why I'm only giving it 4 stars, because I do not yet know about how well it will perform over time.

However, up to now I've had no issues with it, it's no more louder than the previous HDD and seems to read data quickly, and I've already filled half of its total free space!!

Please be aware that when you buy a HDD, you do not get the full amount of space available after installation I had 828GB / 931GB, but that is still more than enough HDD space to be lasting me for the foreseeable future, or until I eventually decide to go to PS4.

4.0 out of 5 stars To replace my old HDD, 10 Feb 2014
I bought this hard drive to replace my old hard drive in a Sony Vaio. Installed the hard drive with no hassle. So far i have had no issues or problems with it. Good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great - it's fast and quiet.., 29 Dec 2012
Works great - it's fast and quiet - I use it with HP pavilion HDX9320EA as my drive C:\. So far works perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faster than expected, 9 Feb 2014
Bought as an upgrade to my 500gb hard drive some how after fitting this my transfer speed on usb 3.0 transfers went up dramatically it's very silent too

5.0 out of 5 stars toshiba 1tb internal hard drive, 12 Jan 2014
J. J. Mcdonagh "twistedwheel" (yorkshire, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toshiba MQ01ABD100 1TB SATA 3GB/s 5400RPM 2.5 Inch 9.5mm Internal Hard Drive (Accessory)
worth every penny, fast reliable & obviously loads of space, i have no hesitation recommending to anyone requiring extra gigs

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal replacement for PS3 hard drive, 7 July 2013
Perfect replacement for the original 150 Gig drive in my PS3. No louder than the original and loads more space. Easy install with no problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good..., 15 April 2013
I bought this for my late 2008 model MacBook Pro, after my 320gig internal hard drive died. Installing was simple enough, though i had to buy a special screwdriver (hexagonal / star-shaped screwdriver, T6 size), to transfer the registration pins (that hold the drive in place) from the old drive to the new one, so I suggest ordering one at the same time.

I've had it for a week or so now. I don't notice my mac is any faster or slower, I haven't done any tests.

Only gets four stars because it is slightly noisier than the old one (which was nearly silent) - but not to an annoying degree, just sounds like distant white noise. I guess you have to weigh up noise v. capacity.

If you're tempted to get a 1TB internal hard drive (assuming the MCP will take that size) bear in mind you will need to be doing your back ups onto something larger than 1TB, whereas for a 750 gig internal hard drive a 1TB USB-powered one is perfect and easy to carry around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement drive for Macbook Pro., 2 Oct 2014
S. D. Spicer (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This was brought as a replacement for a failed drive in a Macbook Pro 15". (2009). Following the instructions on iFixit, replacement was a bit fiddly but entirely possible and breathed new life into an ageing Mac. Once in formatting and installing software worked perfectly.

If you are going to do this for yourself on a MacBook Pro, there's one step where you can make your life easier. There's a stuck on bit of wiring that goes over the original disk that needs to be removed very carefully. We found that removing the old disk's label with the wire still stuck on it much easier than trying to remove the wires FROM the label. Not as pretty, but simpler, far easier and saves damaging another component.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really satisfied with this HDD, quiet and good as storage unit next to my SSD. You may need to format it, 13 Feb 2014
Toshiba is possibly the maker with the lowest % of failures in their Hard Disks, I am really happy with my purchased, the hard disk is small and light which is a perfect fit for my gaming mini ITX as I want to keep it light and small.

Pleas be advised that you may need to format the hard disk to be recognized by Windows (at least 8.1) , you can either use a free partition tool (just Google "Partition software free") or put in the Windows installation CD and just get to the point where you can select in which drive to install the OS, format it and then just shut the PC down and carry on as normal.