5.0 out of 5 stars Hot, Hot Hot!
Laura Florand creates an intoxicating world that draws you into the magical shop La Maison de Sorcieres, where Magalie Chaudron works the art of the best chocolat chaud in Paris. The delicious degree of tension between arrogant patissier Phillippe Lyonnais and Magalie are right there from their very first meeting, and continue to escalate throughout the novel...
Published 15 months ago by Susanne

Published 1 month ago by Cari Hislop

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't kiss your money goodbye - spend it on chocolate instead., 10 July 2014
This review is from: The Chocolate Kiss (Amour et Chocolat) (Kindle Edition)
I SO loved The Chocolate Rose (which was my first Florand read - The Chocolate Kiss is my fourth). My disappointment in this one may be down to unrealistic expectations (considering The Chocolate Rose comes much later in the series so she's improving as a writer). This story starts out really well (I love the witchy-hot chocolate wishes etc) and I was zipping along until they have sex. The sexual tension flops dead and there's an interminable number of pages to skip over as the hero and heroine apparently indulge in light S&M (which carries on through the story, but doesn't fit with the characters - it just feel forced (excuse the unintended pun). The story just flops after that into a sulk and we're supposed to care while the heroine swings back and forth between will I won't I torturing the hero knowing he loves her...I hate crap like that. I just want to slap people and say make up your freaking mind.

Ranting on the second half - the heroine (who admittedly has good reason for emotional attachment issues) just continues to come across as an idiot (to help move the plot which practically causes me hives) and if the hero hadn't actually called her on it and told her she was being an imbecile I would have given up (I was that irritated). I kept hoping the story would improve, but it didn't for me. There were so many lovely possibilities (more magic etc), but I'm just left feeling mad that I paid 5.99 (on itunes) for a book I won't ever read again. I have to admit as well that Florand's heroes and heroines are starting to bleed together. All her heroes I've read so far are tall muscled men who fall for very short women...the women are all idiots who can't just freaking accept a gift or compliment for fear they're attempting to be controlled (or just be freaking gracious - has the world gone mad?) and they appear to make a point of being as obtuse as possible over the hero's feelings and intentions (which irritates me badly).

So...I was disappointed. Obviously other people will have a different viewpoint, but if like me you loved The Chocolate Rose don't expect to find a similar treat here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot, Hot Hot!, 22 May 2013
This review is from: The Chocolate Kiss (Amour et Chocolat) (Kindle Edition)

Magalie is wary of Phillippe, and bristles with hostility whenever he is around, but of course there's a reasonf or it, and Phillippe is determined to dig it out. Over and over, he woos her with offering after offering of the most glorious Parisian patisserie, seeking a way to her heart, but she refuses to be swayed. Your mouth waters as Florand lovingly describes culinary artwork that is a feast for all the senses. While you hungrily devour the book, you may start noticing that your mouth starts to water, and your tummy rumbles alongside it!

The Chocolate Kiss is the second book in Florand's Chocolate series, which feature a series of uber sexy French chocolatiers/patissiers. Phillippe is a very different from Sylvain, in Florand's first novel The Chocolate Thief, but no less alluring for it. Prepare to swoon, salivate, and finish the book with a burning desire to hop on the next Eurostar and head off to Paris to find your own hot Frenchman!