on 11 September 2013
I bought this for my daughter on her 4th birthday as she loves ponies and she loves it too (although we've only had it for 4 days!) Enjoys feeding the carrot and cuddling the pony when it's startled. I do like the pony too although I have a couple of gripes.

1) It does "go to sleep" very quickly - to turn it back on you have to press a button at the top of the tail and hold it, my daughter can't quite master this (you do have to hold it for several seconds and begin to wonder if it's working) so she has to keep bringing it to me.
2) It's noisy, the mechanical sounds of motors whirring etc. when it blinks its eyes or shakes its ears that are quite hard to ignore.
3) It is limited - it doesn't stand, it's hard to distinguish between frightened noises/actions and happy ones, it takes a fair bit of poking around with the carrot before it will start munching . . .
4) For the price I would expect it to be more interactive and seamless (my pony always has one eye half open even when sleeping).
5) My own fault this one - the colour isn't the best idea for little kids (mines already been chocified and I imagine there's noway to wash properly. Probably should have gone for Toffee alternative...

Saying that, she is cute, nice to cuddle and appealing to look at. She brings my daughter happiness so that's good but I hope she will continue to interest her for a good few months - I'm not very optimistic that she will.