4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality
Published on 21 Oct. 2012 by cyberchick

2.0 out of 5 stars Hairline Cracks
It's a real shame that I'm having to score this case so low, because it could be amazing!

Firstly I'll start with the positives:
It looks great! I have the white version, and it matches the iPhone perfectly, and looks very stylish. The cover folds back so making calls is a nice experience.

It adds very little 'bulk' to the phone, there's...
Published on 7 Dec. 2012 by Greg

2.0 out of 5 stars Hairline Cracks, 7 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Tech21 D3O Impact Snap Case with Cover for iPhone 5 - White (Accessory)

Firstly I'll start with the positives:

It adds very little 'bulk' to the phone, there's nothing worse than having a beautiful iphone, then covering it with a fat, bulky, horrible case that spoils the appearance of your £529 device...

Its well designed, access to all ports is fine, the camera lense isn't obstructed whatsoever and it fits onto my dock.

Now the negatives:

Well, actually there's only 1 negative: The case keeps breaking.
I have had 2 now, I have not dropped or knocked the phone (case) in any way, its just been in my pocket and I haven't taken the iPhone out of the case since I put it in there. Both had started to develop hairline cracks on the bottom corner of the case. My first case actually cracked so far that the corner fell away.

Luckily Amazon replaced it without quibble, but after just 3 weeks my replacement broke in the same place.

Tech21 haven't replied to my emails regarding this, so they clearly don't care if this product works or not!

I have added images of the cracks to amazons photo library of this product, so you can see for yourself what is happening.

As I say, it's a real shame, because this product could be / should be a 5 star product !!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good when it doesnt break..., 11 Dec. 2012
As another user stated, it developed cracks in 2 adjacent corners and now doesn't hold the phone in tight, so needless to say i have ordered another case.. just not Tech21. The drop in the price would be a reason enough that these aren't selling too well. £15 for just over a months protection is too expensive for me. It got 2 stars as it did work well while it lasted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 21 Oct. 2012
I purchased about 5 iphone 5 covers / cases to review and the Tech 21 was one of them, its brilliant quality so cant fault it on that, lovely fit and looks super sleek in white with white iphone 5, I did however thought the front bit would be magnetised and hold shut but it doesnt, the flip can just flip open. Although this hasn't bothered me as much as I thought it would. Still decent phone case for under £20

2.0 out of 5 stars Cracked easily, 6 Jan. 2013
I only had it for couple of months but already looking for a new one. The case has cracked in 3 out of 4 corners, it seems to be few mm too small as I haven't dropped it, the cracks run from the inside outwards. I still like the flip cover as it protects the screen, from scratches as well as privacy wise. But I don't intend on buying a cover every 2 months so won't be going for the same one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really Disappointed, 8 Feb. 2014
Length:: 0:18 Mins

I bought this iPhone 5 case on 12th December 2013 and within two months it is cracked and broken. It is meant to be tough and shock resistant but in reality it is totally rubbish. If you watch my video you can see that it has broken in two places. I would not recommend anybody to buy this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it, 24 Dec. 2012
Had it three weeks then the corners started cracking and it would no longer hold the phone and the phone eventually fell out and the screen broke. The reason I bought the phone was to ensure I didn't break the fooking screen

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cover for iPhone 5!, 29 Sept. 2012
J. Read (Oxfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
The case is very well made and fits the iPhone 5 perfectly. It feels very secure and doesn't add much weight or thickness to the phone and looks a lot more expensive than the £20 I paid for it. The cover folds back nicely so it's not in the way when using the phone and protects the whole screen when closed with it's suede-like material. The leather is good quality and seems like it will be durable as the case is well made. Unlike other cases (in particular the 'Flip' case also by Tech21) this case gives you access to all the buttons and ports on the phone as well as leaving space for the larger speakers. I can't fault the case so far, I haven't dropped it yet so I can't comment on the protection it gives but it is exactly what I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Case!, 4 Dec. 2012
I spent a lot of time comparing various cases (although there weren't many out when the iPhone 5 came out). My previous case was a much loved designer wallet case which kept my iPhone 4S perfectly protected whilst not in use and I got to use the phone without a case whilst using it which is my preferred option. I sold the phone in pristine condition.

I couldn't find a wallet case that I liked and so decided to get something else until there were wallet cases available that I liked. I didn't want a flip case that dangled down my face as I was making calls and I didn't want a case with a little tab that got in the way. This one seemed like a good match - a reasonable price, which would protect my phone and had a cover for the screen.

I really like this case. It feels solid and well constructed. The iPhone sits very snugly and securely in the hard part of the case. Access to all buttons and the lightning port is very easy. The front flap cover folds back very quickly so it is not in the way at all. Although not a particular design feature, I can balance the front cover so that it becomes a stand (it isn't designed for this but it works for me). It almost feels like an iPad smart cover and someones I listen for the "click" that the iPad makes when the cover sends it to sleep! Of course, this is not a smart cover and it doesn't do that. But that would be cool Apple if you are reading! ;-)

I am very happy that there is no magnet or catch on this case. I have read reviews that say a magnet case can cause an iPhone to go faulty and I don't want to keep pushing a press stud into the screen. And the little "tag" would annoy me. My phone in its case fits perfectly in the phone pocket of my handbag. I have a screen protector on the front screen and a rear protector on the back of the phone so I am not worried about scratches.

This case is also available without the front cover but I would choose this one everytime. I like the soft material that sits directly on the screen when closed. It's a really good case, I recommend it and would buy it again.

2.0 out of 5 stars The case is very good - stylish, 15 Oct. 2014
The case is very good - stylish, strong - for about two weeks.

The case eventually cracks (without any actual drops or otherwise damage) purely down to the fact it doesn't securely fit the iPhone. I've had two of these cases, and been overall very disappointed.

The first I bought from Carphone Warehouse for £25 (in hindsight, ripped off completely) six months ago; I was very impressed on how it defended my iPhone. On more then one occasion I dropped and was very secure; thus doing its job. However on the first case I continuously took it out of it (for an unknown reason really) and it lead to cracks in the casing before destructing altogether in July.

Coincidentally got a new iPhone 5s (old one broke) and got a new case; not even a month, haven't dropped it once and haven't taken it out the case once, and cracks have appeared. It no longer fits the phone whatsoever (ive returned it, im worried it'll just fall out the case altogether.)

Really frustrating trying to find a case which is stylish, secure and has the cover (I like to impose privacy on myself with the case when im in public.)

Don't buy unless your planning on buying a new one every few months.

2.0 out of 5 stars Seems to not fit properly, 8 April 2014
I'm sad to score this case so low, but this is quite unusual. This is my second case, my first one developed cracks somehow (I did not have it on for about 6 months and it was in a box..) and the bottom corner broke off, so i decided to bug a new one.

The new one I received was absolutely rubbish. Firstly, when I tried to put my phone in, it was a struggle, almost as if it didn't fit! This may just be a manufacturing error, but regardless I did not pay money for this type of quality! Secondly, the protective "lip" surrounding the edges of my phone seemed to not go above my phone, so when I dropped my phone face down (on floorboard thankfully), the screen popped out, luckily I was able to pop it back in. However, i was expecting this protective lip to stop this from happening, as with the last case. Lastly, this case cracks far too much! I've got cracks in the two top corners, much like i had cracks in the last. I have decided to take the case off and replace it with a screen protector and a standard case from topshop ~ sigh.