4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality
Published on 21 Oct 2012 by cyberchick

2.0 out of 5 stars Hairline Cracks
It's a real shame that I'm having to score this case so low, because it could be amazing!

Firstly I'll start with the positives:
It looks great! I have the white version, and it matches the iPhone perfectly, and looks very stylish. The cover folds back so making calls is a nice experience.

It adds very little 'bulk' to the phone, there's...
Published on 7 Dec 2012 by Greg

2.0 out of 5 stars Hairline Cracks, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: Tech21 D3O Impact Snap Case with Cover for iPhone 5 - White (Accessory)

Firstly I'll start with the positives:

It adds very little 'bulk' to the phone, there's nothing worse than having a beautiful iphone, then covering it with a fat, bulky, horrible case that spoils the appearance of your £529 device...

Its well designed, access to all ports is fine, the camera lense isn't obstructed whatsoever and it fits onto my dock.

Now the negatives:

Well, actually there's only 1 negative: The case keeps breaking.
I have had 2 now, I have not dropped or knocked the phone (case) in any way, its just been in my pocket and I haven't taken the iPhone out of the case since I put it in there. Both had started to develop hairline cracks on the bottom corner of the case. My first case actually cracked so far that the corner fell away.

Luckily Amazon replaced it without quibble, but after just 3 weeks my replacement broke in the same place.

Tech21 haven't replied to my emails regarding this, so they clearly don't care if this product works or not!

I have added images of the cracks to amazons photo library of this product, so you can see for yourself what is happening.

As I say, it's a real shame, because this product could be / should be a 5 star product !!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good when it doesnt break..., 11 Dec 2012
As another user stated, it developed cracks in 2 adjacent corners and now doesn't hold the phone in tight, so needless to say i have ordered another case.. just not Tech21. The drop in the price would be a reason enough that these aren't selling too well. £15 for just over a months protection is too expensive for me. It got 2 stars as it did work well while it lasted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 21 Oct 2012
I purchased about 5 iphone 5 covers / cases to review and the Tech 21 was one of them, its brilliant quality so cant fault it on that, lovely fit and looks super sleek in white with white iphone 5, I did however thought the front bit would be magnetised and hold shut but it doesnt, the flip can just flip open. Although this hasn't bothered me as much as I thought it would. Still decent phone case for under £20

1.0 out of 5 stars Really Disappointed, 8 Feb 2014
Length:: 0:18 Mins

I bought this iPhone 5 case on 12th December 2013 and within two months it is cracked and broken. It is meant to be tough and shock resistant but in reality it is totally rubbish. If you watch my video you can see that it has broken in two places. I would not recommend anybody to buy this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cracked easily, 6 Jan 2013
I only had it for couple of months but already looking for a new one. The case has cracked in 3 out of 4 corners, it seems to be few mm too small as I haven't dropped it, the cracks run from the inside outwards. I still like the flip cover as it protects the screen, from scratches as well as privacy wise. But I don't intend on buying a cover every 2 months so won't be going for the same one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it, 24 Dec 2012
Had it three weeks then the corners started cracking and it would no longer hold the phone and the phone eventually fell out and the screen broke. The reason I bought the phone was to ensure I didn't break the fooking screen

2.0 out of 5 stars The case is very good - stylish, 15 Oct 2014
The case is very good - stylish, strong - for about two weeks.

The case eventually cracks (without any actual drops or otherwise damage) purely down to the fact it doesn't securely fit the iPhone. I've had two of these cases, and been overall very disappointed.

The first I bought from Carphone Warehouse for £25 (in hindsight, ripped off completely) six months ago; I was very impressed on how it defended my iPhone. On more then one occasion I dropped and was very secure; thus doing its job. However on the first case I continuously took it out of it (for an unknown reason really) and it lead to cracks in the casing before destructing altogether in July.

Coincidentally got a new iPhone 5s (old one broke) and got a new case; not even a month, haven't dropped it once and haven't taken it out the case once, and cracks have appeared. It no longer fits the phone whatsoever (ive returned it, im worried it'll just fall out the case altogether.)

Really frustrating trying to find a case which is stylish, secure and has the cover (I like to impose privacy on myself with the case when im in public.)

Don't buy unless your planning on buying a new one every few months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cover for iPhone 5!, 29 Sep 2012
J. Read (Oxfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
The case is very well made and fits the iPhone 5 perfectly. It feels very secure and doesn't add much weight or thickness to the phone and looks a lot more expensive than the £20 I paid for it. The cover folds back nicely so it's not in the way when using the phone and protects the whole screen when closed with it's suede-like material. The leather is good quality and seems like it will be durable as the case is well made. Unlike other cases (in particular the 'Flip' case also by Tech21) this case gives you access to all the buttons and ports on the phone as well as leaving space for the larger speakers. I can't fault the case so far, I haven't dropped it yet so I can't comment on the protection it gives but it is exactly what I was looking for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish case do not buy, 14 Jan 2013
Stains very easily
Cracked in 1st month
Totally damaged in 3 months
I don't know what more to say but I was seriously disappointed, I almost returned it the first day I saw it because it didn't seem as comfortable as it looked on screen, almost return it but friends told me to give it a try

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent case - avoids the scratchgate scandal on the iPhone5, 29 Sep 2012
I dont normally bother to review things on here but I thought I would let you all know how good this case is if like me you are sitting on the fence about which one to get.
It fits perfectly - all necessary ports exposed.
The protection is excellent and it also contains D3O which is an absorbant and protective jelly stuff.
It looks the business.
So far I can't find any negatives.
Here is a good video review.
[...]