5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
I accidentally dropped my phone from a crane at work, it fell about 10-12 feet onto concrete, the phone was fine, not a single mark on it, and the case has a few minor marks on it.

I'd recommend Tech21 cases to anyone who's a bit clumsy or paranoid about dropping their smart phone or tablet.

I have read lots of negative reviews, that I cannot really...
Published on 27 Jan. 2013 by Adam Hughes

1.0 out of 5 stars If you buy this case don't take it off.
Published on 12 Dec. 2012 by Ms. Huong Thuy Phan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Tech21 D3O Impact Snap Case for iPhone 5 - Black (Accessory)

I have read lots of negative reviews, that I cannot really understand, the main problems being that the case isn't all that attractive, and that it is hard to get off, some people say they have broken it getting it off, so it can't be that strong.
Firstly I would say the design is not a fancy one, but I think it still looks good, just a simple compact case, and secondly, I don't know why you would want to take the case off? It's there to protect the phone. I can see how pulling at the corners of the case could cause it to snap, but this is a totally different action from the impact it is meant to withstand, as I have said I dropped mine from some height and did no damage at all.

Basically, if you want a fancy shiny cases that you can swap, don't buy this. On the other hand if you want your phone to be protected, this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Protection for the iPhone 5, 2 Aug. 2013
This case together with the version that incorporates a leather screen cover flap offers the most robust, slimline protection for your iPhone 5 available in my opinion. A robust plastic casing surronds the back and edges of the iPhone with a slightly raised ridge at the front to help protect the screen from damage if the phone is dropped. For more complete protection, buy the version with a fold back leather screen cover. No magnetic catches to upset the phone compass. There are fancier cases on the market, but this one provides all the protection you really need and looks very understated and business like.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slimline, excellent value iPhone 5 case with excellent protection, 23 Jun. 2013
Overall this case is very good value for money. As with any review I write, pros and cons listed below:

Pros:

- Excellent protection for the phone (unfortunately I've already had a small 'drop test' and my phone is still in as new condition - thankfully!)
- Cheap
- Easy to fit/remove - tip: unclip top left corner first and work your way around phone anti-clockwise)
- Case lined with d3o which has to be seen to be believed - google search d3o hammer test and you'll see what I mean!
- Case allows access to all functions/ports
- Case doesn't add any bulk to the phone and is very light yet phone is well protected.

Cons:

- Some parts of iPhone are exposed around the edge
- Case feels a little slippery at times in the hand

Overall I'd say this case is well worth the £8 I spent on it. I'd certainly recommend a d3o case over any other type of case for your iPhone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Premium case, 16 May 2013
This is a premium case for a premium phone. Matt black finish hasn't shown many scratches, big cut-outs for controls and a tight fit. Good protection, understated.

1.0 out of 5 stars If you buy this case don't take it off., 12 Dec. 2012
After only 2 months of use (never dropped) the case has begun to show cracks after I have taken it off realistically three times. The fit is extremely tight and there is no good way of taking it off so if you do plan to buy it make sure you never take off the case. I paid £20 for this in the store and I don't think it think it was worth the money, the idea was there although execution was poor.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality - Keeps Breaking, 26 May 2014
I have had 3 of these.
They keep breaking in the same corners. (Note plural)
(& no, I have not dropped it - I haven't even taken the phone in and out).

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap good protection, 22 Aug. 2013
after dropping a previous iphone 5 which had a fashion cover on, and seeing the screen smash (which would have cost £120 if the phone wasnt insured) I decided to look at so more protection, this does the job I've dropped the phone once and the screen is still intact

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Case, 1 Jun. 2014
I bought this about 18 months ago and it's still going strong. I've managed to drop my phone many times since then, onto desks, floors, the pavement... and it's come away unscathed thanks to this case. Admittedly, the thing has started to crack a bit on the corners by now, but it's still sturdy, and if I have to replace it I'll definitely buy the same thing again.

I think this case strikes a good balance by offering good protection, and yet still maintaining the slim profile of the crazy thin iPhone. One thing to note is that, being slimline, it doesn't cover the top or bottom edges of the phone, and I've developed a couple of small nicks in the metal border as a result. However, I've had the phone for ages now, that's the worst that's happened, and it could only really have been prevented by getting a much bulkier case to cover the whole phone, which I really didn't want.

The only reason I've not given this 5 stars is due to it being quite slippery to hold, which led to me dropping it a couple of times when I first got it. I'm used to it now, but I've handed the phone to friends before now and had them manage to drop it because of the same problem. To be fair, the phone was fine because the case, as I've mentioned, is fine with drops. However, I'd really like it if tech21 could make the outer surface grippier somehow. That would definitely bump it up to 5 stars for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tech 21 rubbish do not buy, 31 May 2014
What a load of rubbish it's the most I have ever paid for a case and the corners broke off after 2 weeks.do not buy.just get a cheap one.very disappointed with it my wife's did the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 29 May 2014
Great product as with all Tech21 cases. Perfect fit & protection against falls. Very impressed - been on my phone for months & still in great condition.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›