on 19 February 2013
So far so good with this new and smaller combination microwave oven bought as a replacement for three larger models (identical to each other and now, apparently unavailable) which died on me over the past few months! Large enough for us, and so far, like previous Sharp microwaves I`ve had over MANY years, before the aforementioned disasters, works perfectly. Only one tiny quibble - the previous models had a very useful "Short-cut" button for exactly a minute`s operation - shame it couldn`t have been incorporated in this model - however, that`s really just a minor quibble. As I said - so far so good - and we love it. Another advantage is the nice loud "beep" when it`s completed the job - even my very deaf husband can hear it from the next room. Another useful function is the facility to just press the "set" button for an extra 30 seconds of power without having to completely reset the program in the event that things aren`t quite hot enough. I can thoroughly recommend it.
ADDENDUM: - I discovered, quite by accident, that the little "start" button actually switches the microwave on for 30 seconds if pressed with no other commands. Even more useful, in my opinion, than the "short-cut" button I was bemoaning the lack of! Not too impressed with the manual that comes with the machine - it seems a bit hard to follow and the print is tiny. Far better to download the manual from the Sharp Electronics site and print it yourself - there aren`t too many pages to print. I rather wish it had a proper slide out shelf instead of the round one that stands on the turntable, though.
1111 comments44 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 May 2013
The oven was pretty good until the glass turntable plate shattered during conventional oven cooking at 200 degrees, then the fun started! Contacted Sharp who dismissed any notion of liability stating in a most unhelpful way that it was an issue for Amazon. Amazon were much more helpful but as they only deal with complete units they could not supply individual parts. They did however offer to re-imburse my costs if I purchased one from Sharp. Back to Sharps parts website where I discovered that the plate for my model was no longer available! I had the oven for 6 weeks! Maybe they had all broken whilst on conventional oven mode?
The whole oven had to be re packed and returned to Amazon for a refund, all for the sake of a plate!
44 comments42 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 September 2013
Nice build quality, and nice look, easy to clean, and use
once you get used to it.
Only draw back is it tends to steam up a bit, which our last
Sharp never did, so need to leave door open after use.
on 28 May 2013
This looks really great in my re-vamped kitchen, the handle matches the cupboard door handles so nice touch there! Good internal size and although the quoted external dimensions suggest the the oven is very deep, it is only the centre section of the rear that is that deep, so it fits into a corner quite well and certainly as well as my old Panasonic microwave. The biggest failing is that some of the functionality is a bit limited, for instance the feature for 'crisp jacket potatoes' simply gives you the option for 1, 2 or 3 potatoes. But no chance of saying how big they are, and more importantly, what do families of 4 or more do? Cook for 3 then they have to wait whilst the others cook? Similarly there are veg options of 150, 300 or 450 grams. What if I want more or less than those? It means you end up selecting the combination functionality manually and guessing the time required. My old Panasonic gave you direct weight entry (in Kg or Lbs) and calculated the time itself at which it was excellent at doing. The microwave (without grill) also doesn't seem to cook as quickly as the power rating suggest, though this could just be a case of getting used to it. 8/10 overall
11 comment12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2014
I have chosen this rating because although I think the product excellent the controls are more difficult to understand than a previous model I had. Having said that I am getting used to it but if somebody new was in the house I don't think they would be able to use it before having it explained to them. It is not intuitive.
on 12 October 2013
Very basic with no overhead grill and exposed elements so difficult to clean.
Then after 3 months of light use ( only one in the family ) the turntable broke during a 220 degree standard cook.
Can't get a repacement from Sharp so having to get an universal one on-line !!
Not happy with the model at all.
on 25 September 2013
Pretty powerful Microwave - 900W - which means I can now follow the guidelines rather than add "an extra bit" to cooking times for food. Adjustable times range from 5 seconds within the 1st minute to 5 minute intervals if microwaving for more than 30 minutes. The convection cooker is more efficient than my conventional electric cooker, and has a nice pre-heat option too. I've not used the grill as yet, however apparently it beeps half way through what ever time is selected so you know when to turn the food over, a minor thing but a nice touch all the same.
on 7 July 2015
The main issue I have with this combi-oven is the heat it throws out. The casing gets very hot, particularly the top, too hot to touch! As I bought this to avoid having the oven on in the summer here in Spain it's really not up to the job. The rest of it is fine but that's no good to me if I dread having it on because of the heat. I shall probably sell it on. I have since tried to register the warranty on-line, unable to do this due to site error. Contacted seller and after a couple of messages found that the warranty had to be registered in Spain. I was promised contact from the relevant person and nothing has happened. Obviously quite happy to ship to Spain but you can forget anything else re warranty. For some reason Amazon shows no record of my contacting seller through their site. Had this for a while now and have to add to review - the door has a nasty habit of swinging closed when getting food out of the oven, NOT GOOD AS IT HITS YOUR ARM AND THE DOOR IS VERY HOT!
on 19 November 2013
Have used this frequently now for several weeks,and am well pleased with it,I really cant find anything to criticise,first
class product......
on 22 December 2014
I was very disappointed with this, this product failed from the start, it kept cutting out after just a short time microwaving, I always thought sharp was good, i would think long and hard before buying another of their products