on 7 December 2012
I totally agree with the previous review - this product is a rip off. My four year old son is a big fan of Angry Birds so we have purchased Mattel's range of games, such as Angry Birds on thin ice and Angry Birds in Space - these are great durable (offline) games and really worth their money.

So back to this product, it comes in a large box that gave me the impression that it was similar to the Mattel versions, however on opening you then discover the Angry Bird figures are about the size of a small marble, the launcher is flimsy and the two blocks that you get with it are small as well. I would love to send this product back to Amazon but I know how upset my son would be if he didn't receive this on Christmas Day. Although initially impressed by the range of AB Star Wars toys, I'll be keeping a wide berth - these toys are not worth the money, overpriced and badly made. Its a shame that ROVIO didn't exercise some kind of quality control.
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 January 2013
I bought this for my Grandson for Xmas, he wanted Star Wars Angry Birds, he has the Mattel ones. He's only 3 but plays the game also on the iPad and is an expert. He came downstairs Xmas morning and although there were other nice presents such as a bike, which he saw wrapped up, he straightaway said "thats a bike" and started looking for the Star Wars Angry birds. After opening a couple of games and puzzles, muttering "thats not Star Wars," he eventually found it and was over the moon. Never mind that the pieces were tiny (as others have also said) he was playing with it straight away before opening the rest of his presents. He was happy so thats the main thing. As to the manufacturers, I think they should be ashamed at producing such a poor game with such small pieces. I've given 3 stars only because my Grandson liked it, really it's a 1 or 2 star at best.

Az
on 21 November 2012
Having just opened the angry birds star wars toy i was shocked to find that the angry birds figures were about half the size of a marble.The catapult and plastic block you get with them are made from some of the cheapest plastic i have ever seen.The box it all comes in is about 50 times bigger than it needs to be aswell.No doubt my little boy will love it ,hes a very big angry birds fan,but the fact that the birds are absolutely tiny {and choking hazard if youve got very young children} and its very low quality ,i recomened that you avoid this product and spend youre £10 on a proper toy for your children.
22 comments45 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 March 2013
This is the first non-electronic toy in a long time that has really engaged my son (8). It is a little pricey for what you get (we've not got the Mattel Angry Birds for comparison on quality but this one seems fine, not top end but passable). We've found it's got the right level of skill required to keep you engaged (ie you hit the target just often enough to keep trying but it's not so easy it's a walkover). The figures are all slightly different weights so once you've got the knack with one you can switch and work out the trajectories for another or rearrange the posts. A few more posts would be useful, but other bits of toy will work fine to build more complicated obstacles (Jenga blocks/Lego etc.) if you don't want to shell out for other sets.
on 14 January 2013
This was delivered quickly and was an excellent christmas present for my grandson who is 7 years old. The pieces are small enough for him to carry around in his pocket, which he does. He and his friends play this game regularly now.
on 21 August 2013
Bought this for my 5 year old son who is just getting into angry birds.

We haven't had any angry bird sets prior to this one so can't compare on the difference with size etc.... As per previous reviews.

However, I think for the fun factor, it's well worth the money. It's very sturdy, yes it may only be a slingshot, and two pieces of tall plastic things and the little angry birds/star wars creatures, but my son has played with this non stop over the past couple of days. He stacked up dominoes and shot those with the angry birds for a bit of variety.

So as long as you are aware of the smallness of it, then I think you'd be happy.
VINE VOICEon 17 October 2013
I love Star Wars, so my son liking Angry Birds Star Wars makes me happy.

The product itself is in homage to the Early Bird box set available in 1977. I'm not old enough to remember that, being born in 1974, but I did own a lot of the original toys back in the day.

The set includes 4 angry birds, 2 blocks and a catapult. It's basic and at the full RRP is way overpriced, however I managed to get this at 50% of that and I thought it was a good price.

I think 4 stars is about right for this set.
on 10 January 2013
I bought the product as a gift for a fan of both Star Wars and angry birds. Sadly the product was not what I imagined it to be. The size described was the size of the box which was way to big for the product itself - a box half the size would have been enough - the products inside the box were tiny and not worth the price charged. The colours of the products are not as vibrant as they should be - they look very washed out and cheaply made. I would not recommend this product.
on 20 December 2012
Was very disappointed on the size of product. Bought it for my 6 year old grandson as he's into Star Wars and angry birds.
on 1 February 2013
We bought these as a treat for our son but ended up dissapointing him at the poor quality of the product.
we, like others, have purchased the AB death start jenga and knock on wood game but this product is tiny compared to them.
it is a total rip off as the charachters are tiny, the two pieces of bricks are uselessalso the firing catapult does not even move them 2 inches never mind hit the blocks. I would not have bought this product knowing how small it is. it is obviously not
a product that is regualted by rovio and like the others i think someone should come down on this.