5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-round machine
Am very impressed at the value offered by this machine. The media player is very good, playing mkv files of any size and definition up to HD with no problem, the auto shutdown, optional, ensures the usb connected drive is switched off after a preset time. The scrolling titles ensure full info is available for music tracks, not truncated like most media players.
There...
Published on 5 Nov 2012 by artuk

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but !!!
This player is listed in the Amazon compatible device list as working with prime instant video. The main reason I purchased it !!
IT DOES NOT !!
Like most of the major electronics devices it will not work with prime video. (Android etc).
It also has only 3 rubbish network apps without the ability to install more.
The player is quite good for discs and...
Published 6 months ago by Buck R

‹ Previous | 129 30 3143 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 23 Nov 2014
But be aware that netflix the other ott services don't work.

1.0 out of 5 stars not full smart tv, only 3 apps cant download any more, 27 Dec 2012
T. Gill "gilly33" (Burnley, Lancashire UK) - See all my reviews
Despite the product description stating you can download lots of apps you are not able to. It comes with only three apps weather, YouTube and photo viewer. Very dissapointed as purchased this is as a Christmas present for my parents to use with lovefilm. I have returned and purchased a Sony bluray player at a similar price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 30 Oct 2014
Mr. D. H. Beaven (UK) - See all my reviews
Really pleased with this player looks good and works well

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 Aug 2014
Smart compact player,easy to use and to navigate around.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit limited, 1 Jan 2013
I purchased this player after reading a number of reviews which suggested it had more features than it actually has. I ordered it knowing I was taking a bit of a gamble so i'm not too bothered it wasn't what I expected. It's a lovely unit and a very compact size. Setup is really easy and it looks nice and well built. The reason I purchased it was to see if it could play my music and movies stored on a NAS box (QNAP TS412). Unfortunatly this unit does not support playing back content over a network. One of the other reasons for buying was to watch Netflix and LoveFilm without having to go through my PC or WII. Again this unit does not support NetFlix etc. When you go into the premium content all you have is Picasso, You Tube and AccuWeather.
So in summary a nice looking compact unit but could really do with a software change to give it the extra features.
I puchased the 620 soon after this and it has all the features mentioned above and lots of content on the premium channel.

2.0 out of 5 stars Did I have a faulty unit?, 6 May 2013
This review is from: LG 2D Slim Blu-Ray Player - Black (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
I bought this mainly for use as a media player via the USB port. At first I thought it ticked all the boxes, then I started to notice jerky movement, especially during horizontal panning shots. The effect was worse with some files than others. I tested a few other media players and blu-ray players (using the same few media files) and, while they had various faults and short-comings, none of them seemed as bad in this particular. So I took it back. Only one other reviewer here seems to have noted the same problem, so did I have a faulty unit? Comments welcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent player, can't fault it., 16 April 2013
I bought this for my 80 year old Mum and she loves it. Took 5 minutes to set up. Don't be disappointed that there is no HDMI cable included, it is normal not to include one, and you can easily buy one from Amazon for a couple of £'s at the same time as ordering the Blu-Ray player.

My Mum now has HDMI1 for Sky and HDMI2 for Blu-Ray films and finds it easy to change inputs. I bought the player mainly for the USB connection and the wide variety of different file formats it plays.

t is also capable of having a removable HDD attached to the USB connection which is an added bonus. I have not tried it yet but it does sound useful as you should be able to put your pictures and music on the HDD and play these through the TV as well.

The player plays every file format I have thrown at it so far: MKV, MP4, Avi. The picture quality from 1080p blu ray films shows off her HD TV to its full and proper glory.

It is a very compact unit with good screen menus, and at £50, I think it is excellent value for money. What else could you want from a blue ray player?

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for Discs but USB Video Playback Poor, 25 Mar 2013
A Fitzgerald - See all my reviews
A good price for a BR/DVD player, but despite wide codec support for USB video playback the system is slow and even low res videos are choppy, so this should be treated only as a 'bonus' feature

4.0 out of 5 stars Coax Output - Sound is Important!, 23 Mar 2013
John Mackay (Wolverhampton UK) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these a week ago and it works well. I've just spent an hour trying to check the details from LG's spec on Amazon and my fellow reviewers for info about sound output. Result - silence!

When I play a DVD I reckon sound to be important and the speakers on flat screen TVs are hardly serious quality. I have a pro video studio and use a surround sound system there, in my living room I'll settle for Stereo using an old but superb Pioneer 400 amplifier and transmission line speakers. No Optical inputs of course.

The HDMI lead feeds the TV (providing average sound) and now I have the DVD player and can examine it, I have had to buy a converter from Coax Optical to phono stereo to provide acceptably good sound. Bear this detail in mind if Sound is important to you too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, compact, cheap Blu Ray Player!, 15 Feb 2013
Was looking to upgrade from a standard DVD player and decided to go for a cheap BluRay to see if there really was a difference in picture quality, and there really is! Obviously Blu Rays look amazing, but it really does upscale your DVDs, so no need to re-buy your favourites in Blu Ray. Its a great size, and the player also works with our LG TV remote which is a bonus. Very happy with the product

‹ Previous | 129 30 3143 | Next ›

LG 2D Slim Blu-Ray Player - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Used & New from: £49.99