Style Name: 2D None Smart|Change
Price:£74.99 - £99.50

on 19 June 2013
Excellent! This Blu-ray player was easy to set up, is very easy to use and compact! Would highly recommend it!
on 28 September 2013
Like everything about it,easy to use, good picture. Had an lg phone and their customer service was rubbish I hope i don't have to cross that bridge with this product!!!!!!!
on 5 October 2013
Set up easy.
Plays commercial discs and DVD home recorded OK.
With Blu-ray home recorded I find it will only play if it is not recorded in high speed mode.
on 25 November 2014
This player CANNOT play 3D movies! I can only presume all the good reviews are from people who have never used this to watch a 3D blu ray disk?! Having been in regular communication with LG for 3 months now to try and get this sorted, they have completely failed to provide any answers. The firmware that LG offer on their website is required regularly to get passed Sony's Licensing control of 3D disks! However, their latest firmware update from September 2014 did nothing but render the player useless with regards to any 3D movies! A huge disappointment which is seeming as though LG will have to refund me as they cannot provide the product as listed! Sony are singularly trying to control the 3D movie market in this way and unfortunately LG at least are unwilling to take them on! I am now very reticent to turn to Sony for a player that will play my 3d disks as this is only allowing Sony the control of the market that they are wishing for! What a mess!
on 5 November 2014
My wife bought me this player as a gift as I had recently bought an LG 3D TV. We have a history of buying LG products for their quality and expected the same. Unfortunately, there is a very serious problem with 3D playback which most people are unaware of. Sony owns the licence for ALL commercial 3D playback and there is Sony copyright protection on all commercial 3D discs. This means that all producers of 3D players have to pay Sony for the decryption codes necessary for 3D discs to play. To make matters worse, the required codes are changed regularly and so each player has to be updated with the new codes. This is done by LG through firmware updates. This means that you MUST be able to update your machine either through direct internet connection or via a USB stick with the new update loaded onto it. Unfortunately, as was the case for me, I had some new releases and so I had to wait months for another firmware update to be able to play the new discs that I had bought (LG seem to release them roughly once per year and it doesn't come with the latest update out the box). Finally the new firmware update was released, so, naively, I invited people to come and watch my new discs on my TV, but, to my annoyance and embarrassment, the discs wouldn't play and, worse still, the one disc that I had been able to play with the previous firmware update, would no longer play (and you can't revert to a previous working version!).
Despite repeatedly badgering LG customer service and two trips for the player to their technical division to "repair" the fault, no joy. As far as LG is concerned, the player works correctly as it will play their 3D test discs no problem but, of course, there is no Sony copy protection on LG's 3D test discs.
So, there you have it, if you want to be able to watch new release 3D movies, this is most definitely not the player for you, you'll only be disappointed. Do yourself a favour and buy a Sony 3D player instead.

**Update**
LG have finally admitted that the firmware problem cannot be rectified, that this player cannot play my 3D movies and also that this issue is the same across their entire range of 3D players! They've advised me to return the player to Amazon as "unfit for purpose" which I have now done. Do not waste your time!
This Blu-Ray player is incredibly small, but it packs a lot in and performance is superb. Let me expand on that…

If you want to replace your Blu-Ray player then this is a great option – because it’s so small and has a bit of an old-school LCD display then it looks like a budget option, and I suppose it is, but this offers the same functionality a player 5 times the price would have had just a couple of years ago. I was worried that with this being a cheaper player that the start-up time may have been an issue, I remember the first Blu-Ray players took some time between turning on and being actually ready for use! I needn’t have worried though, speed really isn’t a problem with the LG B325.

Blu-Ray playback on this is superb, it looks easily as good as the more expensive players I’ve used and the menus are easier than many. Setting up is as simple as plugging into the power and connecting via HDMI cable, the remote isn’t too flashy which again makes for easy use. The DVDs I’ve played have upscaled nicely, but perhaps more impressive is the HDD connectivity. I have a 500GB external hard disk which I used to play video files and movies which I have stored on there, the external media is read quickly by the Blu-Ray player with little lag. This means that my kids can find a film themselves and play it without messing about. The USB port is on the front of the device too which is nice – with other models I’ve had to pull the Blu-Ray player out and faff around blindly stabbing with my USB lead hoping to catch the port. I tend to just leave my external hard disk plugged in and on top or next to the Blu-Ray player.

In terms of Smart features, this really isn’t a Smart device. Yes, it has some apps (including YouTube) but it doesn’t have a full range of apps and not iPlayer or Netflix. If you’re wanting to give a non-Smart TV a range of Smart functionality, then this really isn’t the device to do it.

In a nutshell: For disk playback and accessing files on external storage – this is a perfect purchase! I would give this 5 Stars if it wasn’t advertised as a Smart Blu-Ray player, because the Smart aspect is seriously limited. There’s also no HDMI cable included– that’s a bit stingy but as this was a replacement, I already had one. If LG were to stop promoting this as a Smart device then I would up this from 4 stars to 5, most consumers probably aren’t bothered about Smart connectivity, in which case this is ideal. But “Smart” these days tends to mean access to the major streaming services, and this would disappoint those expecting that.
on 4 March 2013
This blu-ray player is great value for money, and looks great - very small and compact.
Would definately recommend this product.
on 25 December 2013
Most of the reviews seemed fairly favourable for this player but I thought I'd just clarify my experience in a nutshell.

**Do not hesitate, if you want a player that will play anything, then buy this**

It plays blu-ray and normal dvds of any region.

From a usb port it plays any file I've tried - this includes mp4, mkv, avi, mpeg and dix - it's just great with downloaded content.

A MASSIVE plus is it plays files directly off of an external hard drive - no more transferring to memory sticks - this is brilliant because a lot of older players won't index big drives properly.

It upscales perfectly; everything played is crystal clear with great sound.

Don't pay more and don't pay less; it does everything.

Buy it.
on 12 May 2014
This device appears in the Amazon instant video compatible devices list. It is NOT compatible. It is unable to run any apps apart from the three already installed.
on 1 August 2013
Our second Blu-ray player. First a Sony, now a couple of years old but much more expensive at the time.
This LG one bought for second TV (also LG, and that was the reason for getting an LG Blu-ray).
Controls are beautifully simple, interface the same and it works perfectly. Remote works with the LG TV too. Also faster than the Sony. It is also SMALL. Not a problem, but don't expect a "normal" sized player.
Overall, better than our Sony as just so straightforward to use. If you like things that are simple to use and that work well, then this is great. If you like lots of input and output connection options then this may be too basic for you. It has HDMI out, which is really all you need for an HD TV.