5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-round machine
Am very impressed at the value offered by this machine. The media player is very good, playing mkv files of any size and definition up to HD with no problem, the auto shutdown, optional, ensures the usb connected drive is switched off after a preset time. The scrolling titles ensure full info is available for music tracks, not truncated like most media players.
There...
Published 21 months ago by artuk

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but !!!
This player is listed in the Amazon compatible device list as working with prime instant video. The main reason I purchased it !!
IT DOES NOT !!
Like most of the major electronics devices it will not work with prime video. (Android etc).
It also has only 3 rubbish network apps without the ability to install more.
The player is quite good for discs and...
Published 2 months ago by Buck R

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-round machine, 5 Nov 2012
There is a good menu choice with many options available and this is the first media player I have used which gives chapter information and allows 'jumping forward' using chapters or the menu timer with mkv files. The remote also offers basic TV functions for an LG TV.
Most decent media players cost more than this combined blu-ray, dvd and media player, at around 50 it is excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plays standard DVDs and Blu-ray disks at high quality, 24 Jan 2014
Ralph Bacon "Aresby" (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: LG BP325 3D Slim Smart Blu-ray Player - Black (Electronics)
First let me make it clear that I'm watching Blu-ray disks from this player via an HDMI-to-Composite converter Brand New HDMI/DVI 1080P to AV/CVBS Composite Mini Converter Support PAL/NTSC as my TV doesn't support HDMI because it's several years old.

That said, the quality of Blu-ray disks is obviously better than standard DVDs even on my set up, although standard DVDs are also rendered really well (and Which? said as much too). In fact, the quality even through the HDMI converter is better than the SCART cable quality from my Freeview player.

So, let's get onto my experiences with this player.

What's to like?
---------------
Small. Tiny, even. Easily fits into the same space vacated by my old DVD player. Very slim (height-wise too), even better than the outgoing, slim, compact DVD player.

Quiet. Except for when it's loading disks or skipping chapters/scenes when you can hear the zip-zip noise as the head is moved to the new position. Absolutely not a problem and in normal use I couldn't hear it working not even in the quiet places of the film.

Fast-ish loading of disks. I never viewed this as a problem but I notice several manufacturers highlight the fact that their greatest offerings loads Blu-ray disks before you can get back to the couch. Well, I tried to time this one and it took about 10 seconds from me closing the tray to being able to see something on-screen (ie the 'Don't copy this DVD' warning). Perfectly acceptable.

Plays 3D DVDs, allegedly. I have no doubt it does, but given that there are several other components in the chain that you need before this is going to work (like a 3D TV with an HDMI input!) I guess I'll never have the chance to find out. Good to know though!

Upscales standard DVDs to as good as they are going to get, picking out all the available detail. A standard DVD is noticeably lower in detail than a Blu-ray but still pretty good with this device.

What could be better?
---------------------
Haven't got a method sorted out where it remembers where you are in a movie the last time you played it. There are other reviews here that have that information (pressing Pause twice is suggested) so I will persevere. For me, this is not an issue as I tend to watch the entire movie in one go, just pausing it whilst I get a refreshment top-up.

No wi-fi. It needs an internet cable to your router if you want to use the 'Smart' aspects of this device. Given the less-than-enthusiastic comments I've read about this 'feature' I'll give that a miss. I don't want to watch YouTube or whatever in bed, just the Blu-ray disk is fine for me. Your needs may be different, however.

Conclusion
----------
I wanted a simple, inexpensive, no-frills Blu-ray and DVD player and that is exactly what I have now got. I didn't want an all-singing, home-cinema type device as this one is used exclusively in the bedroom for a quick movie before bed. I did want a unit that played not only Blu-ray disks but also my standard DVDs, upscaled to as good as could be and this definitely seems to be the case, even on my strange set up.

Good value, works well. No frills. Recommended.

---

[If you found this review helpful please up-vote; if you didn't, don't down-vote - leave me a comment to help me improve this and my other reviews]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 28 Sep 2013
Like everything about it,easy to use, good picture. Had an lg phone and their customer service was rubbish I hope i don't have to cross that bridge with this product!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Blu-ray player, 5 Jan 2014
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is for the LG 3D Smart BP325 Player. . .

I bought this Blu-ray player after having a good look around and found it no cheaper than on here. It is matched up with a LG 3D Smart TV.

This player does not have WiFi.

In the box you will find -

- The Blu-ray player
- Quick start guide
- Remote control and 3 AAA batteries

You 'will' need to buy a HDMI cable as they never come with the device! Squeezing yet more of your hard earned money out of you!

This is a Smart 3D Blu-ray player which means it 'can' play 3D Blu-ray discs giving stunning visuals and of course normal Blu-ray discs plus this upgrades your bog standard DVDs to 'near' HD quality!

Being Smart, you can also experience LG Smart TV functions (when linked to a LG TV) such as stream movies from the internet, share photos with friends and family and use the LG apps that are available. It does need to be connected to your router's ethernet port though.

The build quality doesn't feel brilliant to be honest as It's very light in weight at only 1.65kg but it is well made despite this. It's also very slim so takes up little space.

On the front you have the disc tray and two buttons which are on/off and eject. There is also a USB port here.

On the back you will find find

- DC in (power port)
- LAN port
- HDMI out to TV
- Coaxial out

I've uploaded a pics of the front/back and remote.

In use -

It's dead easy to set up. It's basically a plug and play item. Just hook up with a HDMI, locate the channel on your telly and you're good to go!

If you have a 3D TV then you can enjoy the 3D features, of course if your TV is not a 3D one, these features will not work! Personally I am not a big 3D fan and would rather watch a movie in 2D!

You don't need a 3D telly to use this player. It will work on a 2D telly.

I have played both 2D and 3D Blu-ray movies on this and they've all been spot on. No problems at all.

The response from putting your disc in and the disc content appearing on screen is fast, so no waiting about whilst things go wizz, clunk and whirr! This player is also pretty quiet and in the silence of watching a movie certainly doesn't interfere with your movie enjoyment.

Blu-ray movie quality is as expected - outstanding! Vibrant colours, crisp, smooth and vivid visuals. Audio is the business too! Get your TV linked up to an external audio source and you will not be disappointed here.

It plays MKV files, DIVX, MP4 and AVI from an external HDD or USB memory stick.

If you have an Android phone/Ipad you can now download a LG TV Remote app. It works too!

I cannot fault this cracking little player and would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money!, 22 Nov 2013
I looked at several other blue ray players and chose LG because it had good reviews. It's straight forward to use and the feature I like best is that should you stop a DVD half way through, it picks up at the same point when you return to it. Excellent service from Amazon as always!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money., 3 May 2013
Brilliant piece of equipment plays everything including myportable external hard drive with films on it,excellent picture in blueray and sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars LG Blu Ray Player, 19 Jun 2013
Excellent! This Blu-ray player was easy to set up, is very easy to use and compact! Would highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bit of kit, 20 Jan 2014
I love this player!

I bought this to replace our Panasonic Blu Ray player that we purchased for 250 only three years ago but has now stopped working. Given that experience I did not want to spend much money on a replacement so I researched this player and then got it from Amazon, as they were the cheapest.

This player is much smaller than our last player, it also starts up and loads disks a lot faster. It plays all our Blu Rays and DVDs no problem. Another nice touch is that it can play video files directly from a USB drive. So it's great for all those Home Movies etc that are trapped on your computer.

In short I thoroughly recommend this player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely happy with this player, 10 July 2013
E. Holmberg (copenhagen, Denmark) - See all my reviews
Compact, cheap and excellent.

Anything you ever ask for from a blu ray player. I don't regret a bit that I bought this

4.0 out of 5 stars Small and mighty - but not quite so "Smart"., 16 July 2014
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This Blu-Ray player is incredibly small, but it packs a lot in and performance is superb. Let me expand on that…

If you want to replace your Blu-Ray player then this is a great option – because it’s so small and has a bit of an old-school LCD display then it looks like a budget option, and I suppose it is, but this offers the same functionality a player 5 times the price would have had just a couple of years ago. I was worried that with this being a cheaper player that the start-up time may have been an issue, I remember the first Blu-Ray players took some time between turning on and being actually ready for use! I needn’t have worried though, speed really isn’t a problem with the LG B325.

Blu-Ray playback on this is superb, it looks easily as good as the more expensive players I’ve used and the menus are easier than many. Setting up is as simple as plugging into the power and connecting via HDMI cable, the remote isn’t too flashy which again makes for easy use. The DVDs I’ve played have upscaled nicely, but perhaps more impressive is the HDD connectivity. I have a 500GB external hard disk which I used to play video files and movies which I have stored on there, the external media is read quickly by the Blu-Ray player with little lag. This means that my kids can find a film themselves and play it without messing about. The USB port is on the front of the device too which is nice – with other models I’ve had to pull the Blu-Ray player out and faff around blindly stabbing with my USB lead hoping to catch the port. I tend to just leave my external hard disk plugged in and on top or next to the Blu-Ray player.

In terms of Smart features, this really isn’t a Smart device. Yes, it has some apps (including YouTube) but it doesn’t have a full range of apps and not iPlayer or Netflix. If you’re wanting to give a non-Smart TV a range of Smart functionality, then this really isn’t the device to do it.

In a nutshell: For disk playback and accessing files on external storage – this is a perfect purchase! I would give this 5 Stars if it wasn’t advertised as a Smart Blu-Ray player, because the Smart aspect is seriously limited. There’s also no HDMI cable included– that’s a bit stingy but as this was a replacement, I already had one. If LG were to stop promoting this as a Smart device then I would up this from 4 stars to 5, most consumers probably aren’t bothered about Smart connectivity, in which case this is ideal. But “Smart” these days tends to mean access to the major streaming services, and this would disappoint those expecting that.

LG BP325 3D Slim Smart Blu-ray Player - Black