5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shooter for the mac
Runs supersmooth on my Retina MacBook, looks great in HD. Multiplayer is great fun, though it takes some getting used to the speed of the game, if you - like me - don't play shooters regularly.

Not recommended for children under 17, since it is extremly (!!!!) intense and violent.
Published 22 months ago by C. Mittermueller

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware
I love Call Of Duty 4 (Mac) and still play it. It runs off the install disc and a few modest sized files. Unfortunately since Steam got involved, things are far more complicated. I tried installing Black Ops twice and downloaded the 10 gb (of what?) that Steam demanded both times.

Published 11 months ago by D. Clough

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, 14 Nov 2013
D. Clough (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops (Mac) (Video Game)

It still crashed every time it opened. Support is completely inadequate - and hard to find - but a visit to the Steam forum confirmed there are many other disgruntled Mac owners in the same shoes.

It's a pity because there must be other people who are occasional gamers like me that don't want to shell out for a console. My advice however is don't bother - especially if you run OSX 10.6.8 (That could be the problem, of course, but I'll never know - and nobody here or from Steam is gonna warn you)

2.0 out of 5 stars can you put up the requirements, 13 Feb 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops (Mac) (Video Game)
I bought this on the premise it would work with my mac osx but needs more memory, looks good but dissapointing i cat play it

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't load, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops (Mac) (Video Game)
Very poor product. It doesn't install. avoid at all costs. There are very unclear steam instructions that require you to take disc 1 out and then put disc 2 in. Then you have to do the reverse. Then the opposite. Eventually you give up. Utter waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars steam is not what i purchased, 12 Jan 2014
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops (Mac) (Video Game)
this game is not as described, you have to be connected to the net to play, it does not state this on the packet , so I was sold a pup, about time amazon got its act together and gave real product description.

1.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty Black Ops (Mac), 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops (Mac) (Video Game)
First i bought Call of Duty 2, which was very good. Now Black Ops. The game doesn't work. There is a part in the game where you go into a house en from there it goes totally wrong. I can not move anymore the only thing I see is black. So game does not work and is useless!

3.0 out of 5 stars Need to download over 10gb, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops (Mac) (Video Game)
I bought this for a good price for Mac OSX. It arrived swiftly with 2 DVDs.

When trying to install I was taken to the steam account where I had to download a 84 MB update. I was then ready for the game to install using the 2 DVDs supplied.....but no, I was forced to download the whole game through steam, over 10gb. Presently it tells me it will take 9.5 hours! What is the point in sending the discs? We don't all have super fast fibre optic connections. Not impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shooter for the mac, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops (Mac) (Video Game)

Call of Duty: Black Ops (Mac)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (Mac) by Aspyr (Mac OS X)
Used & New from: £9.99