on 5 March 2015
Utter drivel. Don't waste your money or your precious time.
on 5 January 2015
Fast delivery, super. Not a great film though. Great seller.
on 14 August 2014
Not too good. Better than the first Paranormal Activity.
on 2 December 2012
I'm a fan of the Paranormal Activity films because I like the plot. The films always lack the scare factor. This ones just another one that leaves so many questions. I would watch it especially if you've seen the others but don't get your hopes up. However the ending is pretty insane.
on 22 October 2012
Well that's the end of that then.

'Paranormal Activity' - Loved it
'Paranormal Activity 2' - Pretty Good
'Paranormal Activity 3' - The best yet for me....

But like all good things, they come to an end. What a bitter let down 'Paranormal Activity 4' is.

I beamed after 'PA 3' about how cleverly the makers find new, fresh and rewarding ways to deliver the frights, despite the pattern of these films remaining pretty formulaic. I had also really like the smart, knitting togther of the backstory. All of that has come crashing down in this rushed and dare I say, cash-grabbing 4th installment.

Here are the issues with some potential spoilers:

1- The main characters aren't particularly likeable and their attempted teenage humour doesn't work. Instead it detracts from the mood and gets a little patronising. I felt I was watching a teenage horror flick this time as opposed to a film with a wide target audience.

2- Hard to say exactly why, but the tension just isn't there; probably because the long wait of anticipation is cheaply broken far earlier on than in previous episodes.

3-'Robbie' the child character isn't at all creepy - in fact the audience were laughing at him when I went to watch (not the idea I assume!)

4- I can't claim to know anything about cameras, but that stange, pixalated camera shot in the living room didn't work.

5- The scares are obvious and unoriginal; 'PA 3' managed it, but this one doesn't at all - 'more of the same' is definitely the dish of the day here.

6- After the neat knitting together of the story in 'PA 3', the road 'PA 4' takes us down is a clumsy and tenuous one.

7- I knew I was watching a well oiled franchise before the film had even began. Never have I seen as many non-cinema adverts at the start of the film - from soft drinks, to mobile phone companies and forthcoming (just in time for Christmas kids!) computer games. 'Cashing in' never felt more relevant, nor did my self-questioning!

Two stars may seem harsh to some, but in its full conext, 'Paranormal Activity 4' is a bigger disappointmnent as you'll get - and as a real fan of the PA series this gives me no pleasure at all.

Best to leave this alone and just remember the three very strong previous films. You have to applaud them, but the end of the 'Paranormal Activity' road seems to have come.
11 comment4 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 August 2014
Great product. Came on time, and works just great
on 17 July 2014
good product and price. I've now got a selection
on 3 March 2013
Insult to the PA movies. They obviously just rushed this out on the back of the other 3. Not thought out at all. Save yourself a tenner cos I don't see how anyone could give this more than 1 star. The other 3 get 4 or 5 stars though.
on 26 October 2015
Nice and quick . Amazon should be proud
VINE VOICEon 29 March 2013
It really is a struggle to say anything positive about this one as its got to be the worst of the bunch. While the first one had some moments that really stuck in your head and refused to get out and was good because it was subtle, didnt rely on blood and gore to scare but relied on old tried and tested methods of scaring people. The unknown, the "Look behind you" Whats happening while you sleep this one is really a step too far.

Even the whole idea of setting up cameras in the first one was a bit far fetched by the third one when it was VHS now this one trying to show itself as being modern by using skype it was just frankly boring.

First and most importantly, its just not scary! If anything its plain boring and is really stretching the storyline way too far. The girl from the first film now has an adopted kid, moves next door and is rushed into hospital. The kid is left with the neighbours who take him in (As you do)and all sorts of strange things happen to their own kids (Not that they seem all that bothered)

Problems with the film are many not least its neither believable nor is it a nice bit of escapism. Its just plain boring. Some girl walking around in pitch darkness chatting on skype to her boyfriend (Switch a light on and use your phone!) She levitates off the bed (Yawn) By the end I simply didnt care what happened to them I just wanted the film to end.

I hear they are actually making a 5th film. Guys that dead horse you are flogging is just a pile of pulp now fit for cat food. Please just give it up before you embarrass yourselves even more.