5.0 out of 5 stars The truth about Love - AMAZING!!!
Published on 4 Oct 2012 by loulou87

3.0 out of 5 stars love pink.... not too keen on the swearing though!!
I love pink, however once again I find myself saying .... Why the swearing, even one of the titles " Slut like you", so although I like a lot of the songs on this album it now finds itself in the cupboard or listened to when the kids are out of earshot as I wouldn't like them using language like this and calling their friends of teachers sluts etc
Published 12 months ago by Mrs. W. Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth about Love - AMAZING!!!, 4 Oct 2012
P!nk's 6th Album and absolutely sensational!! If you're not a fan of P!nk, Listen to this album. You will be when you've finished it! Fantastic vocals, Excellent lyrics with a mix of party tunes packed full of attitude and songs that make you think about the important things in life. I have always thoroughly loved the albums that this woman produces, mainly because I feel that I can relate a lot to what she sings and writes about. I can pin point a part of my life and go straight back there with every song I listen to. Very few artists are able to do that to me and I appreciate an artist who has the courage to sit down and write about their own personal experiences. I think it's very important to lay it all on the line and she deserves a huge amount of respect. Can't wait for the tour next year! Buy all her albums NOOOOOOOWWWW! haha.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't stay away so long next time!, 21 Sep 2012
Ok, so I was counting down the minutes to this album, I admit it!

It has a split of fast and slow songs and I must say, a few of the songs took a few listens to really get in to, but in no time at all I love all of it.

Becoming a mother doesn't seem to have toned down her attitude at all, and the swearing and lyrics are as typical of her as ever, and yet again, it works perfectly.

There are three songs where P!nk collaborates with other artists, Enimem, Lily Allen and Nate Ruess (Lead singer of Fun). These songs all work brilliantly, and I'd like to see more collaborations in the future.

Where Did The Beat Go reminds me very much of her very first album, and reminds us how versatile P!nk is.

Just give me a reason is my favourite slow song on the album, and Nate Ruess' voice sounds perfect next to P!nk.

The title track, The Truth About Love, sums the whole album up, in that it's fun, kickass and completely P!nk all over.

I'll stop myself listing them all, and just say - buy this now!

Bring on the tour!

5.0 out of 5 stars P!nk, pop, punk, rock... hallelujah!, 17 Sep 2012
I. Zaras (Greece) - See all my reviews
New material from our favorite foul-mouthed singer that doesn't hesitate to say everything as is, has arrived. She's fearless and her un-sugarcoated expressions get right to the point. The new album is a great and pleasant escape from the auto-tuned electronic noise that has polluted the music scene in the past 3 years (which noise I tend to enjoy but is unfortunately been overdone now). It includes from pop/rock jams to some powerful and stripped down ballads. Her style goes back to her rockier "Try this!" era and fusions some pop elements from her next eras and a pinch of acoustic ballads from "Funhouse". It all blends perfectly and the outcome is a fresh and unique album that you will play on repeat.

Her first single "Blow me (One last kiss)" is a powerful pop/rock break-up song that has played in repeat for hours on my computer and haven't get bored of it to date. It only foreshadows the greatness that is to come!
I was about to write a list of the best tracks, started naming most of the tracks and stopped because the whole album stands out, but I mostly favor the ballads. The only thing I can say is that the weakest track in the album is "The truth about love". Also, for those who hesitate to buy the deluxe edition, I have to say that "Run", which features uncredited vocals from the one and only Lily Rose Cooper (a.k.a. Lily Allen), is a very sweet ballad that's worth the extra money of the deluxe.

All in all, I believe it's, if not the best, in the top 3 of best albums in 2012 that's not gonna disappoint any P!nk fan or people that are tired of today's music. 5/5

P.S.: Try to say this review's title fast!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW !! P!NK IS BACK!, 17 Sep 2012
BOOM! P!nk is back. Not with a sizzle but with a bang. This album is wickedly good. I love it.

Especially her collaborations with Lily Allen, Eminem and Nate Ruess, they're pure magic. At first I was a bit devious about Lily Allen featuring on a p!nk track but I was pleasantly surprised and it worked and created an amazing, catchy tune. Also when I saw Eminem was featured on the album too I thought this is going to be brilliant, two legendary artists making sweet music this is gonna be good and it was. Pure heaven.

There is only one song what I am not too fond of and that is The Truth About Love but it is slowly growing on me. But apart from that all the other tracks are excellent, especially 'True Love', 'Is This Thing On?', 'Run', 'The Great Escape', 'My Signature Move' and 'Try'. When I heard P!nk was working on a new album I was doubting myself thinking that she's took a break and try make a big comeback and she might flop but no this is the complete opposite, this album is definitely gonna be a hit!

The album cover is just the cherry on the cake. I love how P!nk is crouching down in her vibrant red high heels and pulling that mysterious look on her face just adds to the mystery of what songs are on this album. So all in all this album is superb! I would recommend it to anyone who loves P!nk although she is changing her musical direction slighty she is still holding onto her roots and is continusly creating catchy, up beat tracks. So, P!nk lovers buy!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Pink!, 19 April 2013
Laura (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Truth About Love (Audio CD)
Love Pink, not just her music but her attitude. Yes this album contains a lot of swearing but then Pink is known for that on her albums but I do note that the Product picture does not show the Advisory sticker on the front cover, so please be aware.

I like her collaboration with Lily Rose Cooper (Lily Allen). I like most of the songs on this album but I have always enjoyed Pink's ballads most of all and on this album my favourite song is 'Beam me Up'.

In my opinion, Pink is an excellent song writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album, 9 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Truth About Love (Audio CD)
Fantastic album, Pink does it again.. i really like the duet with Nate from Fun. As usual she has a few songs with swearing in it( usually the ones the kids like!!!). Altogether another really great album, well worth buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars From the heart, 11 Jan 2014
E. Alden (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Truth About Love [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
I like Pink and this album did not disappoint.Many tracks aimed at her 'husband' and their problems but delivered in Pinks down-to-earth,matter of fact style.Easy to understand lyrics,her great voice and varieties of beat make this a good listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars pink, 17 Oct 2013
awesome tracks as usual. great for having in the car, but make sure the kids aren't in the back, or turn the volume down for the sometimes explicit lyrics.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 30 May 2013
This review is from: The Truth About Love (Audio CD)
what can i say, its pink, love her work, and defo love this album love love love it, def sounds good loud in the car thats for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars She's Back!!!!, 17 Sep 2012
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Truth About Love (Audio CD)
It has been some time since we have had a new album from Her P!nkness, and once again she is in fine fettle and on top form. As with her other albums the style of music is slightly different, she always manages to come across fresh and exciting, whereas with most other artistes you more or less know what you are going to be hearing before you have even bought the album.

She may swear, and her lyrics can be perhaps a bit near the bone, but that is what we want, someone who says things how they are instead of giving us the usual sugar-coated nonsense. With a great voice, a certain raunchiness at times, great music,etc., this is an album well worth getting. If you have never heard a P!nk album before, then this is as good an album to start with as any other.

If you love great tracks then this is right up your street and a definite must have.