4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money
Published on 19 Dec 2012 by F. Patel

3.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, looks great but is a flawed design.
Published 23 months ago by kiefersbabe247

3.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, looks great but is a flawed design., 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: iPod nano 7G Case - Tough Elegant Flip Protective Case Cover, Matte Faux Leather Style in PU / Pleather. iPod nano 7th generation case cover - Black by Proporta (Electronics)
This case looks great and is well made to a high standard. It feels good quality and secures the ipod very well. BUT, I feel that there is a design fault with the case and not much thought has gone into the actual usability. I will try to explain... You would expect a flip case such as this would flip open outwards away from you, it doesn't however, it opens towards you. The problem with this, is that it is impeded by the fact that the headphone jack extends from the bottom of the ipod and as a result the case can't open fully. It would have worked much better had it opened outwards, I would have given it full stars in that case. As it happens, I don't use it and have bought a cheaper replacment that isn't nearly the same standard as this, but is less hassle to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, 19 Dec 2012
F. Patel (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I've bought a number of cases from Proporta over the years and I have to admit I have something of a soft spot for their wares. (Especially the aluminium lined cases) my last being a number of Proporta TurboCharger Pocket Power Emergency Portable Charger & External Battery to use as gifts. Anyway having recently purchased the latest I-Pod Nano, I found myself in the market for a case for it. However while cases abound for the nano, finding one which was say a little more discerning was just that little bit harder. So when I came across the Proporta offering I knew the quality and styling would be to my liking.

Well it arrived this morning and on opening the packaging I found an extremely well made and finished case. Ok the material used is a faux leather, but it looks good (Can't comment on how it will wear yet) Inside there is a wee plastic cradle into which you insert your Nano which contains a cut out for the volume buttons. There are two holes cut into the material. (One for your head phones and the other for the power lead) Inside they have lined the black material with a cream coloured one which really does look like leather. The stitching is flawless and like the cream coloured interior contrasts wonderfully the darkness of the outer covering. The whole cases is closed by a little magnetic flap

All in all most impressed, little miffed by the lack of an aluminium lining however on inspection there does seem to be some sort of lining (Plastic?) inside the topcover, but metal it ain't. However at the price I paid I cannot find fault with this case.

Have to admit I did like the nice touch of inserting a single Yorkshire tee bag packet inside the jiffy bag. As I a Yorkshire man (Born and bred) that really was the icing on the cake for me.

Update
Ok used the case for a while now and noticed one huge issue. The cutout in the case for the headphones isn't big enough for the plug and you really do have to push,squeeze and physically manhandle your earphone plug in which to get it inserted into your I-pod. In fact its much easier to simply just stick the plug into the I-pod with it fully open, which defeats the object of having a case. 1 star removed for that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart and stylish, 11 Jun 2013
So you've spent about £100 on a 7th gen nano and you want to keep it looking as good as it is now. You could spend a couple of quid buying some cheap cover... thing. Or you could invest in a leather case. I am very pleased with mine. It looks smart, stylish, lovely stitching and easy to open. Now I dont have any problem with opning my case fully with the headphones plugged in, but I do have to say that the phones I use are JVC over ear clip on types. Much more comfortable. I give this case four stars because it could do with a belt clip and a slot in puch cover to keep the ipod face dust free. It just slots into two grooves either side of the case and until it snaps into place. This is a tight fit and does need to be forced into its holder with a bit of pressure (not much) but that is especially great as you know its not going to fall out at all. The catch that keeps the case closed is magnetic for those of you like me who hate velcro (as it loses it pazzaz with age). Its very slim and fits into my trouser pocket so its one of those that will fit nicely into a shirt pocket as well. Overall I am very pleased with this and if anything did go wrong with it, I would definatly get another one. Would I recomend this? Yes. As I said you spent all that money on your ipod.. so get a decent case to go with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality item, but design lets it down., 29 April 2013
Bought this for my teenage son, who has just bought an Ipod Nano.
At first I was impressed with the quality of the item, but my son soon found a couple of issues. Firstly, the case can only be opened fully without the headphones in place, making it difficult to operate the Nano. Second is the hole for the headphones which seems to have zero tolerance for anything over than Apple headphones. Other 'phones do fit, but it takes a bit of effort to get then into the hole properly.
Having taken the time to read some other reviews for this case, it seems the design has caused a few other people problems too.
Next time I'll read the reviews myself instead of taking a 13 year olds word for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made, but with (an easily solved) design issue, 22 Aug 2014
This really is a very well constructed case for the iPod nano 7g. It's got a great feel to it, though it does add a bit of bulk to the device (nothing too drastic).

However, as other people have noted, the hinge being located at the bottom the iPod does lead to some problems. My headphone cable has a rather large connector, and it just didn't want to play with the case. But, there's a really simple way to fix it - just slide the iPod in the other way around and problem solved!

If you're looking for a well made, quality case, which isn't one of the cheap bits of tat that seems to be crowding the market, this I highly recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Protection, 10 Aug 2014
Ivor "Ivor" (London, England) - See all my reviews
I've used Proporta products over the years and they've all been good. This little case is no xception offering excellent protection. Maybe the flip could've been the other way up for slightly easier use whilst connected and maybe the magnetic clasp could be a touch stronger. But these are nit picks. As ever with this brand you're looking at a quality product. If you want a good looking flip case that really will protect your 'precious' and is more exec than gym this is the one!

5.0 out of 5 stars It certainly looks like a quality product and is just as good as ..., 5 Nov 2014
Mr. John Emery (North West UK) - See all my reviews
I am not normally a fan of flip cases for phones, mp3 players etc - However, this is a lovely case and well worth the money.
The nano fits perfectly in this case and is not bulky. It certainly looks like a quality product and is just as good as leather.
It is also well packaged and would make a good gift as it looks good quality.
Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted - good fit - great protection, 7 July 2014
Just what I wanted - good fit - great protection. I just wish that threr had been more choice of colours,

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
better than expected, 5* quality, recommend this item

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal protection for Apple IPod Nano 7, 29 Jun 2014
Just what I had been searching for both in shops and the net. It provides ideal protection for your Nano 7 iPod. It is made of leather hard wearing material with a lifetime guarantee. I purchased it a half price at £9.95, excellent value for money. It was immediately dispatched and was delivered the next day.