5.0 out of 5 stars Captures the live experience of electric six
Good quality live recording. Capture the strong live energy of the band. Along with the banter and the professional drumming.
Published 18 months ago by Chris

1.0 out of 5 stars If you like listening to a live audience....
...then this is the CD for you. The band's performance is humdrum, but the engineering quality is so poor that they are hard to make out against the noise of the audience.
Published 6 months ago by Maskahl

5.0 out of 5 stars Captures the live experience of electric six, 31 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Long over due!, 12 Dec 2013
If like me you've been a fan for as long as you can remember and make an annual pilgrimage to one of their live gigs this album really needs no build up or introduction. Its E6 at their best, doing what they do best Spanning their entire career; It's got all the classics and takes me back to many a happy night being bounced about in the mosh pit. In my opinion E6 are hugely under-rated as a band given their commitment to putting on a good show year in year. For those that have only seen their videos or heard their studio albums and think this band are far to gimmicky I strongly advise you to get this album. It's a real shame we don't see this band at festivals because they really are a good time party band. See you Saturday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yep., 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Absolute Pleasure (Audio CD)
I've seen this band about eight times now, and they're always onstage just as they're scheduled. I applaud this. I saw a man wearing a cape on the stage as well. That was pretty cool. Bye.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most aptly-named album titles ever, 2 Jan 2013
Pilch (Maidstone, Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Absolute Pleasure (Audio CD)
I am a huge Electric Six fan, alas my formerly yearly tradition of going to see them live hasn't materialised in recent years, so I've been missing my Six live fix. Thank goodness then for 'Absolute Pleasure', which really encaptulates the energy, joy and - above all - random banter of a Six live gig.

As you'd expect from a band releasing their first live album after eight studio albums, this is essentially a highlights package - the three UK singles from 'Fire' that made their name are here, plus the best tracks from their other albums. Apparently the initial plan was to release a two-disc live package, one disc of 'Fire' and one with the band's back catalogue favourites; it's a shame this never materialised. The sole 'new' material is an excellent cover of The Osmonds' 'Crazy Horses'; the only real let-down is 'When I Get To The Green Building' - one of the weakest songs in the Six canon, I'm not sure how or why this made the setlist: this is one of three songs taken from 'I Shall Exterminate' (admittedly, the other two are decent tracks), yet there's only one from the vastly superior 'Flashy'.

But then I can forgive them this when they end on 'Synthesiser' - in my view not just Electric Six's strongest track, but for me one of the best tracks of the 2000s (yes, really).

God bless you Electric Six, an absolute pleasure indeed; roll on album number nine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice of live songs from the Six, 14 Dec 2012
Electric Six have picked some great hits to include on their live album and have really captured what it is like to be at an E6 gig, with a real buzz to the music, and fabulously funny commentry from Dick Valentine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absoloute Pleasure, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: Absolute Pleasure (Audio CD)
If you like Electric Six you're gonna love this album. Guitar riffs, Punchy Bass lines, Drum solos & Dick Valentines heavy American vocals make this one of my fave CD's 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab live bad, gotta love Mr Valentine!!!, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: Absolute Pleasure (Audio CD)
Since I first saw the video to 'Danger High Voltage' I've liked Electric Six, then we in old Blitey had a few more songs from them and that was our lot. My Husband continued to follow them on YouTube etc and we went to see them when they toured here about 6 years ago and they were one of the best live bands we'd ever seen, now I love them, love all their albums and 'The Evil Cowards' and Dick's solo stuff. This is a fab live/best of album!!! It's good music, well sung (he sounds very much like he does on the singles/albums) and lots of humour. It does exactly what it says on the sleeve "Absolute Pleasure".

1.0 out of 5 stars If you like listening to a live audience...., 2 Jan 2014

Absolute Pleasure
Absolute Pleasure by Electric Six (Audio CD - 2012)