Size: 30 DDColour: WhiteChange

on 14 February 2014
I was reasonably confident of my bra size when I ordered this bra, so was surprised when it was so uncomfortably tight. Not just that there is also some spillage. A small amount on the cleavage and under the arms. So I measured myself again just to make sure that Xmas/ New Year and a recent cold (restricting exercise and increasing food in take) hadn't adversely affected my size. Yes, there was a small difference, but not enough to account for the tightness, discomfort and spillage. My measurements are only 1/2 an inch different e.g 30.5 and 36 instead of 30 and 35.5.

My main concern/ issue with this bra though is the shape it gives you. It's not flat or pointed it's sort of an upward round surrounded by the spill. Weird.

Also, does it give the support claimed? No. I have a number of shock absorber bras and even the bras that are supposed to support you less actually support more!!

On a positive note, from visual perspective (but not how it looks on) this looks like a good quality/well made bra. Just a shame it doesn't live up to expectations.

Basically I opted for this bra because it is half the price of the Shock Absorber equivalent. Would I make the same choice again? No, I'd rather pay the extra money.
on 23 January 2014
Being a regular runner, I need a no nonsense does-what-it-says-in-the-tin supportive sports bra, and this Berlei one does exactly that! I have used Shock Absorbers previously, and always find sports bras a bit full of fabric, so I was slightly sceptical about this one as it looks like a 'normal' bra. The reviews I read beforehand persuaded me to try it, and it's proved to be great so far. Run in the gym (where you have the added pressureof the mirrors!) and outdoors and this bra seems to be comfortable, non-cumbersome and very supportive. Would consider getting another.
on 23 August 2013
I like this bra because it has good support without being too bulky. I feel confident wearing it and although I don't go running I feel it would achieve its potential if I did. I would recommend this bra to any of my friends.
on 20 March 2015
Excellent bra. Been buying Gossard (now Berlei) since the 90s. Love the sports bras as they are so comfortable and perfect for every day wear. Nice shape.
on 11 May 2015
Good value for money,no chaffing or red marks after 16mile run in marathon training unlike my shock absorber running bra which was double the price and supposedly has anti sweat wicking technology! Can see why it won the award for the best running bra of 2014!
on 12 July 2015
Been looking for a non wired bra - I'm short waisted. So wires really dig into my rib cage! The only problem with this bar is the straps were far too long and even when tightened - had to shorten them, straps are not that wide on the shoulders (thin so can not take the weight if you're big busted so do dig in after a while and shoulders to start to hurt a bit - I'm a 30 ff and have a small frame). Not padded even lightly - would of been prefect. Bounceability I give it 6 out of 10. My journey still goes on to find the perfect bra.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 January 2016
Very pleased with this bra; fit is perfect (possibly a touch smaller than some other bras but not enough to make much of a difference, though this may be worth considering if your size is borderline), quite nice looking compared with my other cheaper sports bras, and no chafing during runs so far - made of a soft material and seems very comfortable. It has no underwiring, as well as a classic back/fastening, both of which I really struggled to find elsewhere in my size.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 July 2014
Excellent support system for working out! Good quality well made product that fits perfectly. Pleasure doing business with you!
on 18 June 2014
A very comfy but supporting sports bra, ideal for those active women who hate under wired bras.
Good value too.
on 19 September 2013
Nice fit (sizing seems accurate (I went for my ususal size) and soft material. Good support for cycle spin classes