5.0 out of 5 stars Tackles every aspect of starting to run
I loved this book. Everything Alex talks about I can relate to - from the fear of setting out on your first run, to the clothing, especially underwear, decisions that come with the sport. I am no professional - I try to do 2-3 5k runs a week but I wanted to read something to inspire me to increase this and do a half marathon. I was always of the mindset that I wasn't a...
Published 15 months ago by Hannahr1902

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read
I read this book in a weekend as it is very light. Its ok - I'll be honest, I don't think shes at the stage in her running to write about it. I personally felt she didnt have enough running years under her belt. Maybe this book would appeal more to beginners (I'm at a similar running level to the author with 10 years of running at the point of picking this book up). I...
Published 13 months ago by Miss

‹ Previous | 19 10 1116 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: Running Like a Girl (Paperback)
Brilliant read if your a girl and like running or even if you want to run, so funny and true! I keep telling all my friends you must read the book "running like a girl" excellent .

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulouse and inspiring., 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Running Like a Girl (Paperback)
Loved this book, its real, honest and inspiring. Its a book I will read again to keep me running. Absolutely fabulouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Running Like a Girl (Kindle Edition)
What an informative and funny book. Enjoyed every page of this. Can highly recommend to runners and non-runners. Would read it again too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for encouraging female runners, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Running Like a Girl (Kindle Edition)
Really like the humour and style of writing. A lot of female runners, especially those relatively new to running will relate to Alexandra's tales of woe when starting out and will be heartened by her subsequent successes. Alexandra comes across as a great person, funny, modest, smart and down to earth. I really enjoyed this book and would definitely recommend it to other women who run or those who would like to run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book review Running like a girl, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Running Like a Girl (Paperback)
An absolutley fantastic book never cried and laughed so much. Though I only done 1/2 marathon but I could so feel the emotions she was going through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Running Like a Girl (Kindle Edition)
Have recommended it to my ladies only beginners running club - Shelite Fitness. This will surely encourage anyone to just start running!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Running Like a Girl (Paperback)
I loved this book and devoured it greedily. I'm a novice to running but reading Alexandra's story made me feel that I could run a marathon in no time. It's full of anecdotes and advice and, more importantly perhaps, helped me to answer the question 'why do I run?' when sometimes it hurts so much! If you're female and run, this book is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars I cried on the bus., 10 May 2013
This review is from: Running Like a Girl (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant, emotional and after a lazy year has spurred me back out there.
Having started my running journey in brighton but now living in London i am super jealous of Hemmo's seafront runs!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read and useful too!, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Running Like a Girl (Paperback)
If you run already or like me aspire to be a runner this is a great read. Not only do you get the writers story but also lots of hints and tips too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 11 April 2013
This review is from: Running Like a Girl (Paperback)
For a very long time I have believed that there must be some secret to running. I've often looked on longingly at the beautiful, glowing skinned women who run effortlessly around the Marina where I work. 'I'll never look like that' I scoff at myself and return to work.Until now.

The shame of the first run is such a difficult one to overcome. I can't run far. I can't run for long. I can't run without gasping for air. I can't run past people. I'm all wrong in so many shameful ways that when I dare to try, I get back to my house and vow to never do it again. But, then I read this book. Hemmo (as I feel I can call her now) has shown me that even marathon runners start with this feeling. Except they decide to just do it, to just keep going. To run through the shame, the limb pain, the sweat. To face down the shop staff who look at you like your doing it for some fad, which of couse sets you back even more. But I want this. I want to feel clarity in my head. I want to feel proud of a strong body.

Hemmo has written a remarkably inspiring, helpful, informed book that I've recommended anyone who'll listen to read. My sister and I are setting out for our first run tomorrow morning, and we'll be Running like a Girl!

‹ Previous | 19 10 1116 | Next ›