5.0 out of 5 stars The lightweight Vax Multi Cyclonic Bagless Vacuum
Published 14 months ago by Mr. Z. Hussain

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but a little flimsy
Published 5 months ago by J. Whitehead

5.0 out of 5 stars The lightweight Vax Multi Cyclonic Bagless Vacuum, 15 May 2013
Mr. Z. Hussain (Blackburn, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vax U88-AM-B Air³ Multi-Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
I currently live with my 76 year old mother and she is not in the best of health but does try and stay active. Along with myself I have my wife and 3 young kids aged between 9 months and 8 years old. So you can imagine the mess that is created several times a day and a need for constant vacuuming. I can honestly say this is the most powerful and convenient lightweight vacuum I have ever come across. I have been a Vax fan for many years having handheld and upright cleaners and carpet washers. I can say Vax have done it again with a 1st class product, Vax have created a product really thinking about the consumer. So what's so good about it? Well for a start it's so light!!! even my mother in her state of health is happy to use it and move it around, the directional movement makes it so easy to get around the room and with little effort whatsoever. And for the suction it's no less powerful than the big monsters that weigh several kilos and the noise is not like being in an industrial factory. The great feature of a one button touch to switch off the brush for hard floors is a treat and works a treat in the kitchen. The dust tank is ample for everyday use and the best thing is no messy paper filters to dust off or hand clean, just remove and empty the plastic container. I do genuinely feel this is a Dyson beater and would highly recommend this machine to anyone looking for a stylish easy to use powerful everyday vacuum

5.0 out of 5 stars Does a good job, 2 July 2013
I like the swivel action to get around corners. Very easy to empty. Not too keen on the tools though - not enough reach on the hose and the mains cord would have been better if a bit longer. All in all I am satisfied with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars vax air 3, 22 May 2013
Fantastic cleaner. Very light and easy to use. Fantastic suction and the rotating brushes are brilliant for carpets. Highly recommended. I saw this on Amazon and then went and bought it somewhere else due to Amazon's attitude to not paying tax. I would recommend everyone to do the same thing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but a little flimsy, 15 Feb 2014
J. Whitehead (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace a previous Vax cyclone hoover. It was discounted from the SRP of £249 to £99 when I bought it. I have to say that for £99 it's ok value for money but this is definitely not a £249 hoover. The quality of the plastics and parts have gone down hill a huge amount from the previous cleaner I had which felt 'engineered' - this feels 'chinese flimsy' if that makes any sense....

It does a good job of cleaning. The power lead is a little short and as others have mentioned the flex hose is woefully short but as we don't use that so much it's ok for us.

I have to say that if I had gone to a shop and seen it first I would not have bought it, but as it stands it is doing the job. There are better cleaners out there though...

4.0 out of 5 stars vax air3, 13 Oct 2012
The Vax Air 3 is a super lightweight yet extremely powerful cleaner. This vac is so simple and easy to use and restores the pile of your carpets and leaves them spotless. As the Vax Air 3 is super lightweight it makes it easier for me as I suffer from chronic back pain and find bulky, heavy vacs a nightmare to push around. The suction is absolutely brilliant. the adjustable handle is just great as I can change the height of the handle to where I am comfortable using. The added bonus of a 6 year guarantee shows that you can have confidence in this machine. It has made a huge difference to my whole house and cleaning routine. I can strongly recommend this product to all

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Vacuum cleaner, 19 Oct 2012
I received this product to test. It is absolutely wonderful. I have a Dyson, which I boasted to everyone that it is the best vacuum cleaner ever, but after using this Air3, I can say Vax Air3 beats Dyson hands down. Apart from the great suction when cleaning the house, there is a brush that can be switched on while cleaning the carpet. Imagine vacuuming and brushing at the same time. It is amazing

4.0 out of 5 stars Recomended, 17 Feb 2013
Wow! Spent hours deciding which vacuum to buy and eventually decided on the Vax Air and so ordered it on a Thursday, received it on the saturday (no deliverly charge) put it together in 10 minutes, and then vacuumed the whole (admittedly small) house in the next 15 mins!
Suction very good, as light as l can imagine a full sized vacuum could get, smart, easy to push-feels like its gliding over carpet then as you bring it back it grabs the carpet, so makes the job easier. Was a bit concerned over other reviewers saying the hose was not long enough, but l found it neat the way its tucked away and as the machine is light l just take it up the stairs with me. The power cable is perfectly long enough, l did two rooms from one socket.(some people must have massive rooms!!). All in all its worth its money and l would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vax Air3 Fantastic!!!!!!, 13 Oct 2012
Have just received a Vax Air3 to test and have to say it is the best vacuum I have ever had.

It is light, so light I think I might even be able to get the kids to use it!!

The suction on it is amazing......I always thought my carpets were clean until I saw the muck that came out of the carpets after just one use of the Vax Air3.

Even my husband (Yes, don't get jealous people, but he is house trained!!!) claims it is the best vacuum he has ever used.

The electric brushes at the front make using this so much easy as you don't have to try and force the vacuum round the carpets, its just seems to float along.

It is easy to manoeuvre round the house, with its swivel technology, its is easy to empty (and boy did I have to empty it!) and it is extremely light.

The only downside I did find was the extension hose for doing the stairs is not overly long, but as the Air3 is so light to carry, it wasn't a problem having to carry up and down the stairs.

If anyone is looking to buy a new vacuum, without having to get a second mortgage, then this is the one to go for. Also the six year parts guarantee means no extended warranties to pay for!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars this one is the best, 24 July 2013
I have studed the vacumm market and I felt that this one fitted the bill and we have been very pleased with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to steer, 17 May 2013
I bought this for my mother, seemed a good specification and certainly has plenty of 'suck'.

The problem is the 'action' required to use it. You are constantly twisting your wrist to steer it and there is no means of locking out this action (to make it like a 'normal' forward / backward cleaner). Her ageing wrists are not up to this treatment so I have had to buy her another cleaner.

To sum up - good cleaner, but not be anybody with wrist mobility problems - however minor.