Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now

Size: 1 MonthChange

on 6 June 2013
This is my second water chiller, this one has a much larger capacity than my old one another great thing is this will take a 60 day filter. My only little niggle with this machine is the lack of an ambiant tap but that's no big deal. I would recommend everybody to make some room on their kitchen worktop.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Size: 12 MonthsVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As someone who has a daughter who drinks gallons of expensive bottled water this seemed the ideal solution.

An excellent product to look at, aesthetically. It just looks like something that belongs in a kitchen or office without looking too industrial. Many people have used water dispensers like this before and this immediately makes it clear that's what this is.

Chills water down but not to the 4 degrees you have in the fridge. However, see my caveat below of what happens in unseasonally warm weather (such as the UK experienced in July 2013). Too cold water gives me brain freeze so chilled-but-not-iced water is just perfect.

Holds a reasonable amount of water too (7.2 litres) so you don't need to top up that often (obviously depends on how much you drink and how many people use the machine. I found that with just a couple of people using it then it lasted a good day or more before requiring replenishment.

It's quiet. Yes, you can stick your ear right up to it and hear the fan whirring (occasionally) but you don't hear the unit in the normal course of the day.

First filters lasted about 3 weeks (so far, but then we probably have used the unit more because it's new and exciting). Lucky they give you 6 more filters so I should be OK for about a year!

Mains lead is ridiculously short. This unit is designed to sit on a counter top (I imagine) but my mains sockets are near floor level in my kitchen. I needed a short extension lead. If your sockets are at counter top height you won't have this problem.

The indicator light seems stuck in two shades of blue. Each shade is telling you what it's currently doing but a green/red LED would have been a *much* better design option. As it is I have no idea what the unit is currently doing. Do I care? Not really.

During the current (July 2013 heat wave, 30 degrees during the day) this unit barely chills the water as it can only bring it down about 10 degrees lower than room temperature. Outside of extreme heat it brings it down to around 12 degrees which is ideal for immediate drinking. Pity there's not a turbo button for warm weather.

All in all a great (albeit not perfect) machine that does what it says and looks the part too.
VINE VOICEon 25 June 2013
Size: 12 MonthsVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I never did like fridge-chilled water - I thought it was too cold. But this machine chills to "ten degrees below ambient" which is ideal. The water tastes great, too - no chlorine. I don't know about pesticides or herbicides, but they can't be good, can they? Two points: (1) the lead is VERY short, which is irritating, and (2) the light supposedly is "blue" when the unit is working to chill the water and "white" when the water is chilled as per claims. But in reality it is light blue when the water isn't chilled and slightly lighter blue when it is - what is that about? Perhaps a red or green thing would have been better. I think the unit is the perfect size to put somewhere in the kitchen and it actually looks nice. Some kitchen appliances look horrid. But - but - what exactly is the power consumption? It is claimed to be "low" but I want to do some calculations. It doesn't say wattage anywhere... Plenty of space for big cups, too. And the count-down timer on the lid is helpful. The FILLING reservoir on top of the filtered reservoir is too small in my opinion, so you have to keep topping up frequently. But I still love this.

The 30-day filter lasted 23 days in my household. Only two family members, including myself, use it and the other one uses it sparingly. I'm using it more in this present heatwave but still I feel a little short-changed. Then again, this disappointment is probably misplaced and unfair as in the winter months I hardly use the water cooler at all so perhaps I might get 46 days out of it in, say, January. So the average 30-day number takes into account huge disparities in use during a calendar year. I realized the filter had failed when the top reservoir didn't drain at all. I have misplaced the instruction manual, so I'm unsure if this is a correct deduction. However, the replacement filter (a 60-day one) I put in seems to be draining the top reservoir now.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 January 2013
We love the water from this chiller! Perfectly chilled and the filter makes the water taste great. We're drinking more water since we bought this.
on 24 June 2013
I must be missing something here, or perhaps mine is faulty. I don't think it is though. Here's the problem.

You have a nice big tank on top which holds all the nicely filtered water. However, inside is a tiny little tank which is actually chilled. If you deplete this tank, say by having a glass of water, it refills from the top and starts the chilling process all over. This would be fine except it takes hours and hours to get the temperature down at all. I'm better off keeping a 0.5 litre bottle of water in the fridge and just filling it up. It won't be filtered, but I wanted chilled, filtered was just a bonus.

So that's the issue. If you only want a little chilled water occasionally, keep a bottle in the fridge. If you want a lot of filtered water on tap, this will do reasonably well. If you want a lot of chilled water on tap, look elsewhere.

While we're on the filtering, I've given it two stars (instead of one) because you can get filters sufficient for a year for about twenty quid. That's not bad compared to some other makes.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 November 2013
I bought this water chiller at the beginning of August, I was disappointed in it from day one, as I didn't like the taste of the water, but I thought that was just me and I would get used to it. I didn't! So I took the water filter out and just poured bottled water into it to chill. I have cleaned it regularly using Milton tablets, which are used to clean baby bottles, so should be good. This morning it was coming up for two weeks so I asked my husband to carry it from my office downstairs for me to clean. When I opened up the top there was all mould floating on top of the water, and I had used some first thing to take a couple of tablets. This is the first time that it has been that bad but I have had black specks in the water before.
I bought a years supply of filters with it which haven't even been opened. My previous chiller I only had to clean every month or so and never ever had a problem with it, and certainly nothing like this and I had the other one for almost 10 years, unfortunately I was unable to replace it as they have stopped importing that particular model.
on 12 April 2014
I was very pleased with this chiller initially, despite it being noisy. However, after just six months it started overheating and then cut out completely. I tried to make contact with the manufacturer but received no response.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 July 2013
After many years of faithful service, my original Aqua Optima gave up the ghost. Purchased this as a replacement, very good but one criticism. The original dispenser had filter life on the front of the unit, most helpful. This has the life on the lid which is a little difficult to see when on a countertop. Having said this, I would purchase again and recommend
on 5 July 2014
I have not had a water cooler since my Brita one died a while back. Took the plunge and got it today This one is very similar but holds more water. It was Very easy to set up

Yes - It's a stupidly small power lead and it's also very noisy

But it does what it's meant to .. Delivers filtered, cool water on demand . Which is exactly what you want when you buy a machine like this

With the price of bottled water it will pay for itself in no time - And means your fridge isn't full of bottles

Great value for the money - Highly recommended
on 26 November 2013
I bought this item in late July and it now rattles really loudly whenever it is on, poor product quality, waste of money