5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent at such a low price point
Published 18 months ago by SAP

2.0 out of 5 stars Big reservoir, tiny, slow, internal cooling pot.
I must be missing something here, or perhaps mine is faulty. I don't think it is though. Here's the problem.

Published 18 months ago by Ian London

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent at such a low price point, 25 Jun 2013
SAP "Steba" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I never did like fridge-chilled water - I thought it was too cold. But this machine chills to "ten degrees below ambient" which is ideal. The water tastes great, too - no chlorine. I don't know about pesticides or herbicides, but they can't be good, can they? Two points: (1) the lead is VERY short, which is irritating, and (2) the light supposedly is "blue" when the unit is working to chill the water and "white" when the water is chilled as per claims. But in reality it is light blue when the water isn't chilled and slightly lighter blue when it is - what is that about? Perhaps a red or green thing would have been better. I think the unit is the perfect size to put somewhere in the kitchen and it actually looks nice. Some kitchen appliances look horrid. But - but - what exactly is the power consumption? It is claimed to be "low" but I want to do some calculations. It doesn't say wattage anywhere... Plenty of space for big cups, too. And the count-down timer on the lid is helpful. The FILLING reservoir on top of the filtered reservoir is too small in my opinion, so you have to keep topping up frequently. But I still love this.

Update:

The 30-day filter lasted 23 days in my household. Only two family members, including myself, use it and the other one uses it sparingly. I'm using it more in this present heatwave but still I feel a little short-changed. Then again, this disappointment is probably misplaced and unfair as in the winter months I hardly use the water cooler at all so perhaps I might get 46 days out of it in, say, January. So the average 30-day number takes into account huge disparities in use during a calendar year. I realized the filter had failed when the top reservoir didn't drain at all. I have misplaced the instruction manual, so I'm unsure if this is a correct deduction. However, the replacement filter (a 60-day one) I put in seems to be draining the top reservoir now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely Chilled Water When You Want It, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Aqua Optima WC0103 Corona Water Chiller with 1 Evolve 30-day Filter,1 month's supply (Kitchen & Home)
This is my second water chiller, this one has a much larger capacity than my old one another great thing is this will take a 60 day filter. My only little niggle with this machine is the lack of an ambiant tap but that's no big deal. I would recommend everybody to make some room on their kitchen worktop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Water, 3 May 2013
great to have cold fresh water on tap all the time easy for adults and children alike. nice to c how long till filter needs changing

5.0 out of 5 stars perfectly chilled water all the time, 30 Jan 2013
We love the water from this chiller! Perfectly chilled and the filter makes the water taste great. We're drinking more water since we bought this.

5.0 out of 5 stars cool water !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 28 May 2013
great item and good price would use it all the time better than our old one by far larger body holds double

4.0 out of 5 stars Encourages Better Hydration, 14 Aug 2013
H. Pierce (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a lifelong under-drinker...that is to say that I never remember to drink anything until I am literally about to fall over with thirst. This water chiller has worked wonders for my hydration levels. It has achieved this simply by existing, as every time I walk past it I get a reminder to have a little bit of water.

The chiller holds just over 7 litres of water at any one time. This works well for a whole family to use it for a couple of days, depending on individual water consumption. It fits nicely in the kitchen, without being too obtrusive. It is a fairly large machine, but most water chillers are. Thankfully, it is free from obtrusively irritating humming sounds, as heard from other models.

The water temperature seems just about perfect. It doesn't get so cold that you find it actually uncomfortable to drink, but just chills it to a lovely refreshing level. Again, this is useful for keeping you well hydrated, as icy water tends to fool the body into thinking it has had enough.

The filter seems to last well, but it does come with 6 more, which supposedly last for a year's usage. It is holding up to schedule so far, but at best that has to be an estimate.

The only real downsides to this model are the fact that the indicator light is not that noticeable, and the cord is strangely very short. I would have preferred a definite difference with the indicator lights- like traffic lights. Different shades of blue might look more peaceful, but are harder to distinguish between.

The situation with the electrical cord only came to light when I wanted to move it into the living room for a few days due to us having work being done in the kitchen. The cord will reach a plug socket on the same level as it is on, but if you need to put it on a counter-top/cupboard that has a floor level plug socket, you will need to use an extension. Thankfully, when it is in residence in my kitchen it has a counter-top level socket to fit into. If you only have spare sockets at floor level, as many kitchens do have, then you might need to consider whether an extension cord will be suitable for you to use.

Overall, this water chiller is a good product. It works well, and is a very reasonable size for family, or office, use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Big reservoir, tiny, slow, internal cooling pot., 24 Jun 2013

You have a nice big tank on top which holds all the nicely filtered water. However, inside is a tiny little tank which is actually chilled. If you deplete this tank, say by having a glass of water, it refills from the top and starts the chilling process all over. This would be fine except it takes hours and hours to get the temperature down at all. I'm better off keeping a 0.5 litre bottle of water in the fridge and just filling it up. It won't be filtered, but I wanted chilled, filtered was just a bonus.

So that's the issue. If you only want a little chilled water occasionally, keep a bottle in the fridge. If you want a lot of filtered water on tap, this will do reasonably well. If you want a lot of chilled water on tap, look elsewhere.

While we're on the filtering, I've given it two stars (instead of one) because you can get filters sufficient for a year for about twenty quid. That's not bad compared to some other makes.

1.0 out of 5 stars This thing is awful and not fit for purpose, 23 Nov 2013
J. Billich (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this water chiller at the beginning of August, I was disappointed in it from day one, as I didn't like the taste of the water, but I thought that was just me and I would get used to it. I didn't! So I took the water filter out and just poured bottled water into it to chill. I have cleaned it regularly using Milton tablets, which are used to clean baby bottles, so should be good. This morning it was coming up for two weeks so I asked my husband to carry it from my office downstairs for me to clean. When I opened up the top there was all mould floating on top of the water, and I had used some first thing to take a couple of tablets. This is the first time that it has been that bad but I have had black specks in the water before.
I bought a years supply of filters with it which haven't even been opened. My previous chiller I only had to clean every month or so and never ever had a problem with it, and certainly nothing like this and I had the other one for almost 10 years, unfortunately I was unable to replace it as they have stopped importing that particular model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Water cooler, 20 Jun 2013
Bought this product as I cannot stand drinking Luke warm tap water. Looks good works well and so far is holding up well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 4 July 2013
I really like the new style and large capacity and it is ideal for my requirements. Would highly recomment it.

Usually dispatched within 5 to 7 weeks