5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!
This is a review for the 4th Gen iPod touch.
This is my second iPod 4G the first one took a bath (they don't like water).
From the first day this little machine landed in my paw it became an essential part of my life - so much so that I stopped writing up my daily diary and started using the notes facility. The calendar facility is also excellent
If you...
Published 21 months ago by Steve S

1.0 out of 5 stars No iPod in box
There was no iPod touch in box just some ear phones absolutely furious as my daughter didn't get her birthday present .
Published 3 months ago by Julie connelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 7 Nov 2012
This is a review for the 4th Gen iPod touch.
This is my second iPod 4G the first one took a bath (they don't like water).
If you have never owned or used an Apple product before - stand by to be amazed - this is a very versatile and powerful device like nothing youve had before, and is certainly value for money.
With front and back cameras, an HD video facility, and touch screen - I defy anyone to be disappointed! From YouTube to Google to BBC News to ITV player this is a great entertainment and essential information provider. Access to iTunes and the App Store are essential and easy to do. You can also use a WiFi printer direct.
To fully appreciate the iPod you will need a WiFi modem and a back up PC or laptop, I use an iMAC which enables the two to talk to each other! Also a GOOD, Strong case will help to prevent damage from accidental drops. If you are thinking of buying a dock to plug into, do make sure it has a good sound quality not the usual "tinny" reproduction I have heard too often in so called leading retailers. The output from the iPod is too good to be spoiled by poor reproduction.
Remember the unit will not perform well if dropped, immersed in water(including rain), or handled roughly.
I got my best price from AMAZON, the Pod arrived 3 days early and in perfect condition - what more can I say?

5.0 out of 5 stars Ipod Touch, 24 Jan 2013
Why didn't Apple bring the 16GB out earlier? Excellent for the price for what i wanted to spend on my 11 yr old boy for his birthday as the 32GB is quite alot more money. I think there will be more than enough memory for songs etc for what my son will use it for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 17 Oct 2013
MillyMolly "MM" (Workington, Cumbria) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPod Touch 16GB - Black - 4th Generation (Electronics)
Bought for my husband, who is not techno minded, but he thinks this is brilliant and so easy to use

5.0 out of 5 stars A Review (and a bit of clarification), 10 Nov 2012
OK after all this discussion I thought I would try and add what I feel is a bit of clarity to the whole situation regarding which generation this is! This is a last generation model (i.e. 4th generation as opposed to the most recent 5g model). However where the confusion has arisen is that when apple released the 5g ipod touch they carried on selling the 4g ipod touch, but also changed the data storage size of the 4g models! So these are new ipods in the sense that prior to Sept 2012 there was no 16gb ipod touch 4g (only 8gb, 32gb and 64b models), but old in the sense that the hardware is not the latest version. Hope this helps clarify things for people! (Did not help that for a long period of time amazon have had incorrect product info on their pages!)

With regards the actual ipod touch I am very pleased with it. Very good value for me as the 32gb and 64gb 5th gen ipods are too big and too expensive for what I need! Comparing it to my old ipod touch which finally gave up after 5 years heavy use it is much faster with regards browsing through music and using apps. Otherwise it is the same old ease of use, quality of music and general aesthetically pleasing mp3 player that everyone knows and loves! I do have the slight misgiving that apple are so blatant with their money making schemes i.e. purposefully not creating a 16gb 5th generation model so that people who want the latest gadget have to unnecesarily spend more money for extra data they do not need. This is something apple do with all their products though and does not take away from the fact that this is an excellent piece of kit!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this, 9 Aug 2013
This was the only thing my son wanted for his birthday and he is so pleased with it. He has friends who already have them so he was very quick to get it set up and start using it. He thinks it is wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple I Pod, 24 Dec 2012
Brilliant product, brilliant service, great product with excellent features. Great price with good service from company. would recommned to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 6 Dec 2012
Just what I wanted. It is slim, lightweight, great quality sound. I have had older ipods but this is by far the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product., 22 Nov 2012
The sound quality and interface are tremendous. I use this iPod every day and only have to recharge weekly. I cannot fault it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A credible upgrade from the 3rd generation Ipod Touch!, 22 Jan 2013
D. Russell (West Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
I owned the Ipod Touch 3rd Generation 32gb for four years until the battery failed with old age and over use! Having been really impressed with the Ipod Touch, I decided to have a newer model.

I decided that i didnt need a 32gb model any more as the capacity seemed to be too much for me and the old one was never full with hours of films and TV and music. I'd only had the 32gb model before as I thought 8gb would be too small to take advantage of the apps etc.

When Apple re-introduced the 16gb Ipod Touch, I decided to upgrade and I have found the capacity enough for my needs and you can get a good range of apps, music and video on there. The 4th Gen is a good upgrade on the older models. The retina screen is pin sharp and the processor is much faster. It is nice having a camera for silly pictures, but it could do with a flash. The video is much better too. I am pleased with the new iOS and app store but wish you could delete passbook and other unused apps. Many of these are more useful for iphone owners and would give you more space to use as ios now takes up 3gb.

The sound quality and build is as good as ever and some great new features too!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 20 Jan 2013
Great quality , well packaged , no problems at all with this product .
My son found this worked well , instantly & we easily set it up - excellent